FFX-2 Beta Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFX-2 Beta Cab

I had been talking about "working on my arcade cab" from time to time.

Well after a good bit of sweat........... and alot of cash :p

I have finished half of my arcade cab. I say half because what I have done is just the coin base and control panel.

The rest I will build later when I have more funds, and a 32" LCD to use. As for now I am just using my 46" TV as my screen.

When I build the rest of the cab, I will be adding art and swapping out the FFX-2 image for something else.

Please give your opinions, it's my first cab I have ever built and would love to hear some opinions.

Here are my pics ^.^
    Inside Top

Inside coin base (PC).

Coin Base

Under the hood

Front View

Top View

P.S. hey look TGM I added the spoiler tags this time ;p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: FFX-2 Beta Cab

Originally posted by Kailea View Post

P.S. hey look TGM I added the spoiler tags this time ;p
    /em bakes a big plate of nice chewy chocolate chip cookies for Kailea!

(P.S. Can't wait to see the finished product....do a video when its done!)
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

That is badass.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

oh I will, might be a good while though *takes a cookie* my main goal was to "get it working", and so now that it can be used, I can casually save up to build the rest. good part is I have most of the hardware to build it, just need some time here and there, and some more cash for the art and display.

It currently can run MAME, all the old 8/16-bit systems and I added a few games for the Wii that I have, but felt they needed an "arcade version" It also has a USB plug in the back, that I can hook up to a PS3 and with one cable swap on the inside, I can use the 4 control sets on the PS3 for games like Marvel VS Capcom 3

The Wii games it runs right now (using the Dolphin Emulator)

Super Smash Bros
        Dragon's Lair Trilogy
        New Super Mario Bros Wii

also adding in a few Wiiware games that I have.

Contra Rebirth
        Gradius Rebirth
        Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth

was even thinking of if/when I come back to FFXI, I might map it's controls to the arcade stick, just for the luz ;p
        Last edited by Kailea; 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Looks nice. Kind of funny/weird to see FFX-2 on the controls, but it's temporary anyways. FFXI would probably work just as well with an arcade stick if you had a means of controlling the camera.

Comment

yeah I did not have any other image to use, and my funds for it ran out, so I grabbed it out of the closet lol.

I was thinking of doing an Angry Video Game Nerd theme.

I love that show so much, and since the machine is dedicated to old school (mostly) I would honor him by plastering his cartoon image all over it ;p

stuff like this......

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              FFXI would probably work just as well with an arcade stick if you had a means of controlling the camera.
              Easy enough solution, map it so that the P2 joystick does that. Better yet, map your main controls to the P2 and P3 sticks, and use the P1 and P4 slots for macros and other hotkeys. Remember, SE allows things like the Logitech G15, just not things that interface directly with FFXI.

Comment

I think getting used to the game again normally will take me a week or so, let alone that kind of setup lol,

but yeah 4 joysticks, and 32 buttons, I am sure something could be done with that ;p

Comment

Where'd you get your stuff? Friends recommended me this place: AkihabaraShop.jp

I had thought of using the layout EXAMU used in AH2 (Arcane Hearts) I would use good parts if at all possible but not sure how you would feel about it.

Comment

I did not use that place, all my sites ship within US, and one of them is EU.

I use this as my front end to hide all the emulators
                    HyperSpin-FE - Welcome to the Frontpage

Here you can get control layouts
                    Joystick Controller - Panel Layout

Here you can get art made for your project
                    Reproduction MAME Marquees - EMDKAY LLC

and these are my part sites, I used all of them ;p
                    Welcome to Ultimarc.com home page
                    GroovyGameGear.com, Always the best in Arcade, Jukebox, Kiosk, Gaming and Industrial controls
                    Lizard Lick Amusements
                    Multi-Player Over/Under Door
                    T-Molding.com

Now if you want to take the easy (but expensive) way out, you can go here and just buy a premade one.
                    NorthCoast Custom Arcades - Your one stop arcade cabinet building and arcade games resource

Comment

Working...
                    X