all in one home theater setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all in one home theater setup

I also have a 37’’ 1080p TV I plan on hooking up and also x2 24’’ monitors I’ll be using as well. With the TV I plan on using that as my Home Theater and the monitors I’ll use as my video/photo editing.

The big question is: Can I use the onboard HDMI port for my TV and also use the dual DVI ports for my monitors? To make things easier and understandable I want to run the onboard video and also the video card at the same time. Can this be done? And how?

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: all in one home theater setup

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
    I also have a 37’’ 1080p TV I plan on hooking up and also x2 24’’ monitors I’ll be using as well.
    Is there a sentence missing before that? (Like your computer specs and card stats?)

If you are running a PCI card I think your on-board gets turned off, so I don't believe you'd be able to run the television, but you should be able to run the two monitors off of the PCI card if your card is capable of running two monitors.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
      Is there a sentence missing before that? (Like your computer specs and card stats
      Yeah I don't know why the spec of my computer didn't paste to the post... Basically yeah the mother board has a HDMI slot i want to use...

So I can only use one or the other... not both. Hmh....
      Last edited by Malevolent; 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM. Reason: I'm dumb...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
        If you are running a PCI card I think your on-board gets turned off
        No it doesn't, unless you turn it off.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
          No it doesn't, unless you turn it off.
          I probably should change "gets turned off" to "possibly has to be disabled." My old computer's video PCI cards wouldn't work unless you disabled the on-board video for some reason. *Shrugs* so I always assumed you had to disable it to use the PCI card.

There would have to be something in the BIOS that can be enabled to do it.

Final Answer: Need more info on motherboard and card.
          Last edited by Durahansolo; 03-15-2010, 05:18 AM.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
          X