cache not 100% cleard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cache not 100% cleard?

Ok, so lately @ work, Ive been really bored and Ive been on prob half a dozen diff FFXI forums and other online comics (ctrl-alt-del etc.) Im not supposed to be doing any of this while on the job of course, so at the end of each day I clear cache, delete files etc in case the boss gets nosy. Well today something odd happened. Even though I cleared all that, its not 100% gone. For example, if i just start to type "ffxionline" in the address bar, it automatically fills it in. This could be problematic. Anyone know what causes this and how to get rid of it? Even a restart doesnt seem to do anything. ><

Re: cache not 100% cleard?

You cleared your history also? Also, knowing which browser you use would help (although since you're at work, IE is the most likely).

Comment

History (past webpages you visited) and form auto-complete (some web browsers consider the address bar to be a form, some might even list it as a seperate thing to clear)

Comment

oh yes, browser is IE

Comment

If you used firefox, none of this would ever happen XD..
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
            If you used firefox, none of this would ever happen XD..
            That may not be an option at work. Unless you're in IT, maybe.

Comment

Quick question can you install programs on your computer at work if, so try
              Ccleaner (free).

But thanks to Micro$oft there really is no good way to do it with out useing 3ed party software. But TweekXp has some info you could try http://www.tweakxp.com/article37093.aspx

Did you try internet options/content/autocomplete setting and turning off webaddress.

Found another web page with a way to delete index.dat file plus it has about every other Internet Exploder trick ive ever seen.
              http://www.onecomputerguy.com/ie_tips.htm
              Last edited by Thrasher; 06-18-2006, 01:32 PM. Reason: Added More links

Comment

first thing is to remember to clear the history. another thing to do is to clear the temporary internet files. maybe that would be cinsidered cache. i know on mine they sometimes go to a diferent folders.

last trick i do is to type my search someplace that doesnt store them for later.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone, I turned off auto-complete and that should fix the situation nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X