X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerobahn
    replied
    haha its 350 is fine.

also note that some pumps require an AC outlet... meaning you gotta plug em into a wall socket

Leave a comment:

• beer
    replied
    I'm building my first computer right now, and I'm considering overclocking and using your water cooling system:. With overclocking a p4 3.0 and a raedon 9800 pro, with the water pump, would a 350w power supply be safe or would you recommend I install a smoke detector inside my case? (j/k )

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    Originally posted by Fire
    what do u think of this water cooling sytem?

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/produc...07&1=257&3=385

or
    http://www.hardcorecooling.us/produc...22&1=307&3=392
    i mean its cheaper, but is it going to work as well or close to as well as yours?
    Ok the First one is a leaky plastic cheep watercooling setup you can get that kind of preformence on a heatsink fan combo.

The second one is very old and i do not recommend it unless its for a science project. You can make your own for cheep and get much better preformence

ps; none of those are close to mine

Leave a comment:

• Fire
    replied
    what do u think of this water cooling sytem?

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/produc...07&1=257&3=385

or
    http://www.hardcorecooling.us/produc...22&1=307&3=392
    i mean its cheaper, but is it going to work as well or close to as well as yours?

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    Yes thats the exact one i use. LOL make sure for GREAT cooling you buy the 350 GPH one enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Doppelganger
    replied
    Originally posted by aerobahn
    my setup cost alittle more than $270

I have 2 radiators called"Black Ice extremeII" $50 each
    2 waterblocks for cpu and gpu Both are "swiftech" $50 each
    10feet of 1/2ID tygon tubing $12
    Mag drive pump which you can get at petsmart.com $45
    2 crome 120mm fans $20
    15oz bottle of water watter $10
    12 metal "worm" hose clamps $1 each

All of works great no leaks for 2 years now. it runs 24 hours. I can get a maximum of 3.8 but with a weird error, due to ram
    and 9800pro can goto 511mhz Core.

Good luck
    mag drive pump, like the fish tank one?
    if that's it, then i will get a new comp with water cooling. ill spend the extra money on that expensive pump you talked about, i don't want it shutting down by the 2nd month.

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    my setup cost alittle more than $270

I have 2 radiators called"Black Ice extremeII" $50 each
    2 waterblocks for cpu and gpu Both are "swiftech" $50 each
    10feet of 1/2ID tygon tubing $12
    Mag drive pump which you can get at petsmart.com $45
    2 crome 120mm fans $20
    15oz bottle of water watter $10
    12 metal "worm" hose clamps $1 each

All of works great no leaks for 2 years now. it runs 24 hours. I can get a maximum of 3.8 but with a weird error, due to ram
    and 9800pro can goto 511mhz Core.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Doppelganger
    replied
    how much for your config (price of parts in dollars, US)... im starting a checklist for a new comp im getting next year.. i want a 64bit processor that can be overclocked like hell, but amds always run hot, and intel will get an expensive chip out there that is cool and fast, but probably not for a while.

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    Well if everthing was done right. and using hose clamps is a big part, only metal!!! then there is very little to none (of a chance).

The only risk you run into is the pump. It has several moving parts that can burn out or leak.

i suggest using the mag-drive pump for it has only 1 moving part and i have been using it for 2 years now no problems

Leave a comment:

• Doppelganger
    replied
    what is the chance of a leak if properly installed? if i get water cooling, i don't want to through away 2000 bucks cuz of a stupid leak.

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    water cooling can run cooler than air, can carrier heat much better than air, AND can keep temps MUCH MORE STABLE than air. plus its UBER quite.

last but not least it looks cooler,!

and yes there are hard drive water blocks.

Leave a comment:

• KamuroIshigami
    replied
    What are the advantages and disadvantages to strait air cooling and "water cooling"?

So far, I see more danger in water cooling because of leaks or accidents causing leaks. Though I also see the advantage that there may be less cleaning with water cooling as you put the fan outside.

Are there also water cooling solutions for hard drives?

Leave a comment:

• Doppelganger
    replied
    i have a very quiet, but most likely high temp comp. my next comp (about a year from now) will use aerobahn's latest cooling tactics so i can overclock to at least 25% higher than stock. keep pumping out these threads aero

for comp info, aerobahn is god

Leave a comment:

• lieb39
    replied
    Sticky but not closed, so people don't have to start a new topic when they a question

Nice job aerobahn.
    I wish I had the money for that.. My pc is loud as hell, need to turn it off at night...

-lieb39

Leave a comment:

• aerobahn
    replied
    Updated!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X