Final Fantasy XIII set for March 9 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XIII set for March 9 2010

Eorzeapedia: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) News, Wiki, Forums, Community and more � Release Date Announced For Final Fantasy XIII

[ame="http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/2393/0"]Viddler.com - Final Fantasy XIII (Release Date) - Uploaded by Joystiq@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.viddler.com/player/5cf6ca7f/@@AMEPARAM@@5cf6ca7f/[/ame]

It has just been announced that Final Fantasy XIII will see a North American and European release date of March 9 2010.
    What does this have to do with Final Fantasy XIV though? A March release for FFXIII would mean that at the earliest FFXIV would be released during the summer. Though it should also be noted that the beta (when started) for Final Fantasy XIV will probably run longer than six months, which will more than likely push the title to a Spring release if not later.
    Have your own ideas on a release date for FFXIV now that we know when Final Fantasy XIII is coming out? Tell us your thoughts in the forums!
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Final Fantasy XIII set for March 9 2010

Let the gaming count down begin. xD
    °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
    sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Well, now I know when I need to have a PS3 and SMT Strange Journey lands the same day.

Time to slow down on game purchases, play what I have and start saving up.

Comment

Likewise, as much as I want to buy Left 4 Dead 2 and the God of War collection (and a few other hot titles that are on super-low sale atm like $29.99 for Killzone 2 >_<) there are other games I want big time coming out in the future like Heavy Rain.
        sigpic

Comment

March 9 2010 for the US release date most likely means that we won't see it in the UK until April 15 2012...
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            March 9 2010 for the US release date most likely means that we won't see it in the UK until April 15 2012...
            While it's true in the past it always took a glacial age to land over here they did state this time it'll release on the same day in North America and Europe. I just wish they'd have used a better date format, not that arse about face NA system, for a moment there I was thinking, "Only have to wait till September to play this..."

Comment

I never understood why anyone would put the month first. It's like listing money with the decimalisation first. So instead of listing say a DVD at £10.50 it would be listed as £50.10. It's confusing as hell to write out and makes little functional sense.

And this is SE we are talking about Grizz. This is the same company that makes an international version of a game and releases it in Japan before it even reaches the UK, then they just give us the old one *points at FFX, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts 2*.

This is also the same company that picks up the publishing rights for other games then promises to publish a game here at the same time as the US but constantly delays the game for a full 9-14 months before it comes out here *points at Persona 4 and Disgaea 3*
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

edit: dumb post nvm
                sigpic

Comment

UK is confirmed to get it March 9 as well.

Comment

Japan's release is December, the first shippment will include a code that give you "a bonus" item in FFXIV.

However, i don't think FFXIV will be release in spring. Very likely won't even be 2010. Whoever doesn't know how SE enjoy delay games.

Also considering FFXIV might even shut down before FFXI, assuming the 2nd generation of a MMORPG is still always a failure (which is a fact, Example: ASheron's call 2, Everquest 2...etc)

I don't found FFXIV any different from FFXI beside a new look. If FFXI can't attract the wow's population, i don't believe FFXIV will either.
                    -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
                      If FFXI can't attract the wow's population, i don't believe FFXIV will either.
                      And this is a bad thing?
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

True, no MMO's been able to match WoW in terms of numbers. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing as Balfree indicates. All any MMO has to do these days is make enough money to keep running and it'll be all right. EQ2 is still around, even though its subscriber base is notably smaller than WoW's (and both launched at the same time), and they're even launching a new expansion soon. CoX has been around a little longer than both and it's still doing quite well for itself despite WoW's market dominance. Of course, the same can be said about FF XI.

Just because WoW is the five-gazillion-pound dire ape in the MMO market doesn't mean that it bodes ill for FF XIV. All FF XIV has to do is keep its player base happy enough to make money off of that base on a continuing basis, just like any other MMO does.

Oh, back to the topic at hand...does this mean that we'd have to cool it with the jokes about XIV beating XIII to market?

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          I never understood why anyone would put the month first. It's like listing money with the decimalisation first.
                          well, one, that makes no sense unless your numeric system is read left to right, in which case it would be 05.01. Which actually would make some sense; given the way the number line works, and the way we read, it does make some sense to have the digits go from smallest to largest place. If you're ordering things from largest to smallest, though, March 9th makes perfect sense. and it sounds a helluva lot better to say than "the ninth of march, nine march," and so on. As does reading "March Ninth, Twenty-Ten". What doesn't make sense is when we switch NUMBERS in mid-date. (MM/DD/YY). As long as the word is involved, and not month number, though, it makes sense.

But honestly, it doesn't make a ton of sense to put the day first either. The day is the least important time in any given situation, as there are many more days than there are months; it's less accurate. If I simply said "the 22nd", you could assume I mean November 22nd, 2009, from context, or if I was speaking in past tense, October 22nd. But if I were speaking of something which is going to happen, you'd have no idea except what time of the month it happens. That's less. If I put the largest unit of time (practically speaking, the year; but on a more general scale which era it is is the largest measure; just as you wouldn't say you bought '5 of potatoes', you'd say '5 lbs' or '5 kgs'; though the decimal weight may be left out) first, '2010', you have a much better idea of when FFXIII is coming out. If I say "March 2010" you have an even better idea.

Tl;dr: We should all start using YYYY/MM/DD-HH:MM:SS format, it's the most logical, and there's no confusion of MM/DD or DD/MM as there is between current calendar systems. Until you start using that, Euros, you don't get to bitch.

Comment

THE METRIC SYSTEM IS THE TOOL OF THE DEVIL!!!

... lol (I'm bored)
                            sigpic

Comment

And what would that make the absolutely convoluted imperial system? The tool of Cthulu?
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                              X