Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI iGames Tour 2005 is Coming to Texas!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI iGames Tour 2005 is Coming to Texas!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5638.shtml

Quote:
    Oct. 3, 2005 23:30 [PDT]

FFXI iGames Tour 2005 is Coming to Texas!

Netzone Centers in College Station, Texas has been chosen to play host to the final destination of the FINAL FANTASY XI iGames 2005 tour! Featuring over 60 high performance PCs set up for the event, there will be no shortage of adventures to be had.

What would our last tour be without our famous events? Get ready for our popular Party vs. Party battles, Q&A Panel, Costume Contest, Tarutaru Cure Marathon, and of course, Mithra photos! As a special bonus, Heroes' Combat will be making its North American debut! This will be your chance to test your skills against the Heroes of the three nations: Ajido-Marujido, Trion, and Volker!

This free event kicks off Saturday, October 22nd and runs from 1pm to 11pm. The first 100 attendees will receive a free Vana'diel Buddy Pass, and we'll be wrapping up the festivities with more of our great raffle ticket giveaways! Don't miss your chance to participate in all the excitement!

What:
    FINAL FANTASY XI Tour 2005 in College Station, Texas

When:
    Saturday, October 22, 2005
    1 p.m. - 11 p.m.

Where:
    Netzone Centers
    1702 George Bush Drive
    College Station, Texas 77840
    http://www.netzonecenters.com/location2.htm
    --------------------------
    Edit: More info added...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Quote:
    Community & Service (10/5/2005)

We're proud to announce that the FINAL FANTASY XI iGames Tour is heading on down to the lone star state! Netzone Centers in College Station, Texas will play host to the last stop on our 2005 tour schedule. We plan on going out with a bang with over 60 high performance PCs as well as a costume contest, Tarutaru marathon, and the North American debut of Heroes' Combat! Also, the first 100 attendees will receive a FREE Vana'diel Buddy Pass!

Check out the official event website for more details!
    ------------
    Last edited by fastcart; 10-05-2005, 09:14 AM.

Title: Sergeant Major
    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Re: FFXI iGames Tour 2005 is Coming to Texas!

Too bad College Station is on the opposite side of the state from me.
    Did anyone go to one of these? Is it any good?

FC, you from Texas?
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Son of a bitch. I used to be like an hour away from there for most of my life. A year and a half after I'm gone, they hold that.

Think they'll ever go to Anchorage? ~.~
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
        Son of a bitch. I used to be like an hour away from there for most of my life. A year and a half after I'm gone, they hold that.

Think they'll ever go to Anchorage? ~.~
        /comfort

it's been quite awhile since I've been there. since i'm "close" to San Antonio, iirc it isn't more than a few hours away and I'll try to be there.
        Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
        G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
        San Doria Rank 6
        ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
          FC, you from Texas?
          I live in boston. I coulda gone to the one in NY but I didn't. Kinda wish i did.

Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major

Comment

College Station!?!?

With cities like San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston they choose College Station

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
            Hori
            San d'Oria
            RDM/BLM/WHM
            (´ ゜ω゜`)
            Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

Originally posted by Hori
              College Station!?!?

With cities like San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston they choose College Station
              Well, my guess is, because there is a college there (obviously), and perhaps a lot of players come from that college.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I know that it is a college town but ther are just colleges/universities in all the major cities.

San Antonio ( UTSA, ST Mary's, one other big school I forgot the name of.)
                Dallas ( TCU, UNT, maybe other big schools in DFW )
                Austin ( UT , I believe thats about all there )
                Houston ( I dont know which schools are there )
                College Station ( Texas A&M )

Having this in College Station is like having it in Waco ( I forget which school is there ???)

My opinion is that it is a better business decision to have it in a bigger city for more of a turnout. (more money from entrance fee's and mechandise sales)

I honestly dont care because it could be a block from my house and I would not go, I just do not see where they are coming from hosting it in a smaller college city coming from a business standpoint.

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
                Hori
                San d'Oria
                RDM/BLM/WHM
                (´ ゜ω゜`)
                Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

Maybe going for the drunk aggie population?
                  Hori....Waco is Baylor, Houston has Sam Houston most notably, and I cant believe you forgot Lubbock! We have Texas Tech, though I hate that school.
                  My guess for why CS would be partly money (I'm sure someone there helped rent the event center, and maybe b/c its somewhat of a inbetween point for all those cities (except Lubbock, we're probably 8 or so hours away)
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

To avoid hurricanes maybe? *shrugs*

Comment

Added this to OP.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Community & Service (10/5/2005)

We're proud to announce that the FINAL FANTASY XI iGames Tour is heading on down to the lone star state! Netzone Centers in College Station, Texas will play host to the last stop on our 2005 tour schedule. We plan on going out with a bang with over 60 high performance PCs as well as a costume contest, Tarutaru marathon, and the North American debut of Heroes' Combat! Also, the first 100 attendees will receive a FREE Vana'diel Buddy Pass!

Check out the official event website for more details!

Comment

meh it wasnt that good, i didnt go but my firend told me all about it , he got in the background in 1 pic
                        *edit*
                        also CS cuz its kinda in the middle of all the main citys
                        Last edited by IEatMyGil; 11-08-2005, 08:33 AM. Reason: added stuffs
                        Sig in progress

Comment

well I was there.

got to meet a few people from my server. even if nothing else was there, that was pretty cool for me.

the heroes combat was a blast. even though the time my team was up, I the taru blm got hit from a fully Boosted Chi-Blast, it was still great for a laugh, not including all the /tells between me and the other players.

the tarutaru curathon was another fun event with what we were cluttering up the chat logs with as we were waiting and running.

Did your friend participate or just watch everyone having fun? If he just stayed back and watched everyone else have fun, yes, then it wouldn't have been that great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 month old thread. I don't know if that's ok or you may have people telling you about not reviving old threads. there is another thread on this topic now, the Q&A from the event.
                          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                          G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                          San Doria Rank 6
                          ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Well given the focus of the thread when it was created it's pretty much old and shouldn't be bumped after the event. The thread with the Q&A of the event is a much better option for posting now.

EDIT:

For redirectional purposes here is the better thread to be posting on now:

New QA from iGames Tour Texas posted

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                            X