Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Release date announced.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Release date announced.

Animenation reports that the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie release date for the North American version has been announced to be November 29, 2005.

Rumor has it that the true motive for the delay was for purely marketing reasons to catch the holiday seasons (Christmas). So, we all know what you all will be asking as one of the items for Christmas now.

I just wished they stick with the simultanious release date instead.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Release date announced.

BS, it's for the 360 S-E just wanted something to release then.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

How does AC a DVD and a console clash?

Even if you could barely manage to make people stop thinking about 360, a $20 item is nowhere near the same as a $300 system. Why choose when people would get both?

It's probably very likely to cash in for xmas. Black friday is a crazy time, but the week after that is just as bad at times, and it rakes in the cash when they got something like AC.

The other thing about the days after black friday is that many old inventory is brought out due to massive price cuts, so they're fresh out of competition for the DVD isle bargin bin.

Comment

Possibly b/c they know some ppl are buying 360 when it comes out to beta test ffxi (myself included) and are just gonna hit that craze (I know this theory doesnt hold much water, but I suppose its possible).
        But, yeah, hitting the xmas craze is a sure fire way to up sales (partially why I'm surprised sony isnt releasing playstation in december or something...spring is kinda an odd time to release so huge a console).
        Also, pardon my ignorance, is christmas hardly celebrated in Japan, or is it not as big of a consumer deal as it is in the states?
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Its already out in Japan

PLD75| BLM42| WAR37| DRK30| THF25| WHM25| NIN22| MNK20| BST10|

Comment

Yea, it's already out in Japan and I got my DVD in yesterday, amazing movie. There's just no reason besides the 360 to release it later, when they said september 15th not to long ago.
            -Baka Inu!
            Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
            Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
            Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
            Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
              Also, pardon my ignorance, is christmas hardly celebrated in Japan, or is it not as big of a consumer deal as it is in the states?
              Christmas is widely celebrated in Japan. The difference is that it has little to no religious connotation. It's all about the guy in the red suit. ;P
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

;.; TGM-sempai beat me by 3 minutes. But yeah, thats pretty much it.
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Isn't it pretty much the same here these days? :\
                  PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                  Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                  WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                  Currently Playing:
                  FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Nah... We're more materialistic about it and put decorations all over our houses hoping to win 1st place in the neighborhood... We also ostracize ppl who don't celebrate it due to their beliefs. Big difference.

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by InuTrunks
                      Yea, it's already out in Japan and I got my DVD in yesterday, amazing movie. There's just no reason besides the 360 to release it later, when they said september 15th not to long ago.
                      Umm money, money, and more money?

The week after black friday is a no brainer to rake in more sales.

Don't put conspiracy theories on things that are so obvious. It's like saying they'res a goingto be a terriorist bombing on the day of the Afghani festivial or something... there's a common reason to all gather on one day.

Xmas in JP is more a lovers holiday. Not so much as valentines day, but it's a day to spend time with a significant other, or friends.

Not quite sure about the presents thing as related to shopping, but it's not as wide spread as here. There isn't as much obligation, and JP can casually skip it, or just buy some cheap $5 snacks for the party.

Comment

This may be a stupid question but will this have subtitles or english voice over.

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
                          This may be a stupid question but will this have subtitles or english voice over.
                          No details were specified, however, it is an almost gurantee that there will be a dub track and English subtitles. Based upon their marketing ploy, they want to capture a wide audience, and I know that the general "non-hardcore fans" will not watch a sub, so a dub track is very likely going to be in there. Now, are they going to cater also to the hardcore fans and also provide a Japanese audio track with an English track or are they going English all the way, is a whole new ball game.

Though if you are a hardcore fan, you probably got the Japanese version already, so all that is left is to get out your computer, rip the subtitles off the English one, take the Japanese audio from the Japanese one, and burn a new disc that has it your way.

And then, there is the "OTHER" option.
                          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                            Christmas is widely celebrated in Japan. The difference is that it has little to no religious connotation. It's all about the guy in the red suit. ;P
                            So, no different that the US? lol

Comment

heh heh. Reminds me of that Futurama where they deliberatly refered to it as "Xmas" ^^
                              The Tao of Ren
                              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                              Originally posted by Kaeko
                              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X