Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXIV ARR Opening Cinematic (The January 7th Surprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIV ARR Opening Cinematic (The January 7th Surprise)

I remember speaking to Mezlo on Skype about the Alpha and from the sound of it the game really does sound a lot of fun. Hopefully I should have enough in my PC upgrades funds to build a rig that can play the game. While my PC isn't bad, it is 2 years old and the age of the processor and it only having 4GB of RAM is beginning to show during huge PvP fights in SWTOR. Plus GW2 takes forever to load if a zone is packed with players.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yoshi-p has said it in a few different interviews and new's letters.

The story is we're sent 5 years into the future.

INOrite?!! like... there were alot more ways he could have spun it (of starters 10 years? or 20? hell he could have even done 30! all choices are more plausable than 5 based on where the world is at during what appears to be 5 years. I can guarantee that no ammount of magic would let a world that was devastated by that barage that bahamut seemed to unleash in the video, could re-build in 5 years.

I can't knock it. the entire rest of the game world in 2.0 has yet to be revealed, i'm just basing this off of gridania's appearance.

I'm more interested in what force defeated/contained/conquered Bahumat.... because that my fellow friends, will be the baddest mofo in the realm i believe.

And he will probably drop E.body once a week if you claim him.

Comment

I'm assuming the world's re-design is more because Yoshi-P wanted it, and not because of some plot element. I'm also assuming there was an error in translation, somewhere.

Comment

well it can not be to far in the future, as some of the same NPCs are still alive, and they do talk about the battle......I should shut up now..... *walks away and whistles*
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Merged. Shut up about it. XD

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Never

- - - Updated - - -

Never
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yay, I get to try my luck with the Beta now that I have an actual PC and not a bunch of toasters taped together.
                Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                Originally posted by Nandito
                Ponies.

Duh.
                You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  I remember speaking to Mezlo on Skype about the Alpha and from the sound of it the game really does sound a lot of fun. Hopefully I should have enough in my PC upgrades funds to build a rig that can play the game. While my PC isn't bad, it is 2 years old and the age of the processor and it only having 4GB of RAM is beginning to show during huge PvP fights in SWTOR. Plus GW2 takes forever to load if a zone is packed with players.
                  If you have something on par or better than my Q9400, then your PC is more than adequate to the task. Although memory may seem an issue, unless you have a lot of background processes, I think you will be fine.

@Dak

Maybe Bahamut went to another part of the world to "devour" them. Or we will find some backstories in ARR which will explain more. /shrug They can also refine the story (it's still in beta) to suit their needs

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                    It doesn't make any sense that the world would look like that after only five years, that Bahamut would just go home, and everything would look pristine again. Where are you guys getting this number, anyways?
                    It also doesn't make sense that cat people walk among us shooting lasers out their hands.

Oh wait.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X