• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [dev1070] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

[dev1070] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

New Wyvern Breath Abilities

Healing Breath IV (Lv. 80)

Remove Breath: This ability will now cure additional status ailments at the following levels:
    Curse, bane and doom (Lv. 60)
    Disease and plague (Lv. 80)
    *In the event that a character is afflicted with multiple status ailments, Remove Breath will cure only one.
    The effect cured will be determined by learnable level, with higher-level cure effects being prioritized over lower-level ones.
    This ability is still under development, and adjustments to priority may be implemented in a future update.
    Ability adjustments

Spirit Surge
    The "Haste" effect granted by Spirit Surge will be stackable with similar effects granted by spells and equipment.

Jump
    Recast time shortened from 90 to 60 seconds.

High Jump
    Recast time shortened from 180 to 120 seconds.
    Expanded range.
    Will also remove enmity from the nearest party member behind the dragoon.

Super Jump
    Expanded range.
    Will also remove enmity from the nearest party member behind the dragoon.

Spirit Jump
    Recast time shortened from 90 to 60 seconds.

Soul Jump
    Recast time shortened from 180 to 120 seconds.

Spirit Link
    Recast time shortened from 180 to 90 seconds.

---------------------------------------------

To maintain balance in light of the above recast time reductions, dragoon group one merit point enhancements will be adjusted as follows:

Jump Recast: Shortens recast time by 2 seconds (previously 3 seconds).
    High Jump Recast: Shortens recast time by 4 seconds (previously 6 seconds).
    Spirit Link Recast: Shortens recast time by 3 seconds (previously 6 seconds).

---------------------------------------------

Attribute Ranking Adjustments

HP will be raised from C to C+
    Evasion skill will be raised from C- to B
    Parrying skill will be raised from C to B-
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 01-20-2012, 07:07 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: [dev1070] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

I don't understand what they mean with Spirit Surge. Didn't it just grant magic haste before? Is it JA haste now? Vague update statements are annoying, they should be more specific.

The attribute changes are pretty unexpected. Dragoons evading stuff? That doesn't sound right...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I noticed that too. I had to highlight a few things in light of what I saw. A hike from a C- to a B is a hell of a hike.

I wonder if they'll notice that prior to implementing it and nerf it like they did with the much anticipated A rank that PUP was going to get for H2H.

Overall (and I'll have to crunch numbers for a minute here)... it doesn't seem like much will change in respect to the timers. Sure, they've been reduced... but so have the merit point adjustments to them.

*running the numbers*

Forget that. The difference is awesome.

Jump w/o merits:
      90 / 60

Jump with 5/5 merits:
      75 / 50 (33% decrease)

High Jump w/o merits:
      180 / 120

High Jump with 5/5 merits:
      150 / 100 (33% decrease!)

Spirit Link w/o merits:
      180 / 90

Spirit Link with 5/5 merits:
      150 / 75 (50% decrease!)
      Last edited by Yygdrasil; 01-20-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

That sounds good, maybe I should add Dragon to list of jobs, Squiggs when i ding 30 will need your help!

Comment

I think the reduction in jump timers is going to be a lot more powerful than they realize. Evasion rating is gonna be overshadowed by that pretty quickly. Dragoon is already a TP machine, the jump timers going down so much is just gonna be nuts. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Comment

*did the math* look up

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
              I don't understand what they mean with Spirit Surge. Didn't it just grant magic haste before? Is it JA haste now? Vague update statements are annoying, they should be more specific.

The attribute changes are pretty unexpected. Dragoons evading stuff? That doesn't sound right...
              Yes, it gave Magic Haste before; yes, I'm 95% certain that it's (by popular demand!) going to be made into JA Haste now.

Also, as every Dragoon should know, Ninjas can wear Haubergeon. Of course Evasion Skill doesn't make sense.
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Some aspects of this proposed update are really "meh" but other parts seem amazing. I'm glad to see DRG getting some love. I can't remember the last time I actually played along-side one. I think it was Dauntless -.-*

Comment

It was probably Dauntless. I'd play mine more often, but Red Mage is usually the better bet for most of what I find myself doing. I miss having my Saturday Nyzul static. Dragoon was a blast to play with those guys while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                    That sounds good, maybe I should add Dragon to list of jobs, Squiggs when i ding 30 will need your help!
                    I'm looking for you everytime I get on. Any chance you are going to be playing late night (for you) tonight or late-ish night (for you) tomorrow?
                    99 DNC
                    99 WHM
                    99 WAR
                    * 99 THF
                    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                      It was probably Dauntless. I'd play mine more often, but Red Mage is usually the better bet for most of what I find myself doing. I miss having my Saturday Nyzul static. Dragoon was a blast to play with those guys while it lasted.
                      Eligarf and I do Nyzul Isle on Saturdays. You should join us. Our times are usually kinda fluctuating... but it's really just the 2 of us and whoever we can pick up in addition to go the day of.

We're on floor 50 right now and planning to climb to 70 tomorrow if you're down.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                        Eligarf and I do Nyzul Isle on Saturdays. You should join us. Our times are usually kinda fluctuating... but it's really just the 2 of us and whoever we can pick up in addition to go the day of.

We're on floor 50 right now and planning to climb to 70 tomorrow if you're down.
                        Sounds good to me.

Comment

Kewl. Make sure you have 4 passes. Last week I totally forgot to grab one and wound up only being able to climb 15 floors instead of 20.

Comment

Heh, I've done that. I think I've still got 4 queued up from back when I was still doing it. Do you know if tags renew at JP midnight or is it on a 24 hour count from your last tag?

Comment

Glad to see my old job is getting some more lovin'.

That expanded range on High and Super Jump would have been helpful when claiming NM... especially a certain Valkurm Emperor.
                              Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                              Originally posted by Nandito
                              Ponies.

Duh.
                              You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Working...
                              X