Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chains of Promathia Areas Unfettered! (05/24/2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chains of Promathia Areas Unfettered! (05/24/2010)

The next version update will usher in a change of Twilight God proportions with the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. Tweaks bound to further enhance your adventuring experience in these areas are also in the works.

Read on for the details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upcoming version update will see the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond. A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits!

Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below:

Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01

Promathia Missions

Level restrictions imposed upon mission battlefields will also be lifted, making the Chains of Promathia missions more accessible than ever before. Adventurers who have yet to delve into the dark secrets of the Twilight God may now proceed with easier hearts!

*No changes are being planned for the storyline or mission progression. Level restrictions will remain in effect for ENM quests.
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 05-24-2010, 07:55 AM. Reason: put in a picture
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Chains of Promathia Areas Unfettered! (05/24/2010)

This part of the update wasn't necessary at all, period. But then, adding new zones would require actual work and why do that when you can just strip the challenge away from a mission series and destroy another set of BST merit camps.

Oh, well, I wasn't resubbing anyway.

This actually confirms one of my suspicions about Abyssea - they're probably modern-day versions of Fort Karugo-Narugo, Vunkerl Inlet and Grauberg. If they're willing to attempt to turn CoP zones into ExP camps (which will probably fail horribly, them being "too far" and all) Three add-ons, all WotG-related. SE does like to recycle.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 05-24-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Atleast I can get my Rajas ring now <_<b
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond.
        Well, I have to acknowledge Ziero was correct with his assumption. I'd still like to know which mobs they realistically expect people to exp on in those fucking awful zones.

A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits!
        Calling the re-use of tired content, "A journey of rediscovery" is rich. I suppose it reads better than, "We'll continue taking your money but don't expect anything new for it."
        Last edited by Grizzlebeard; 05-24-2010, 07:42 AM. Reason: Exp not expect.

Comment

I can understand uncapping the actual zones themselves, as mission wise there was really no need to cap them...but uncapping the fights too? That's just lame. The CoP fights were some of the most fun and challenging missions in the game, precisely because they were capped and lvl 75 zerg tactics didn't work on most of them. The first Mammet fight and Airship battle were some of the most epic missions to win because they required proper strategy, good teamwork and a bit of luck, now they're pretty much soloable.

Again, lame.

As for the zones, outside of a stray beast every now and then, they saw no use. Uncapping them and making them an Exp zone 75+ seems like a good idea to make the most of what they have.

Also, if the SS on the official site are anything to go by, Abyssea will probably be reskinned versions of La Thiene, Kon Highlands and Tahrongi, not modern day versions of the WotG zones.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

All I wanna know is, can I solo the Swift Belt NM in Sacrarium?
            | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
            2/5 WAR +2
            Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              I can understand uncapping the actual zones themselves, as mission wise there was really no need to cap them...but uncapping the fights too? That's just lame. The CoP fights were some of the most fun and challenging missions in the game, precisely because they were capped and lvl 75 zerg tactics didn't work on most of them. The first Mammet fight and Airship battle were some of the most epic missions to win because they required proper strategy, good teamwork and a bit of luck, now they're pretty much soloable.
              Yea, but watch the fights go up to lvl 60 or something monster.

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
              Atleast I can get my Rajas ring now <_<b
              And they now made it easier to solo fight the NM that drops Soboro, Whoo!

Comment

Unstable Cluster can be solo'd?

5/5 BST +2
                2/5 WAR +2
                Farsha(85)

Comment

Headline: Dura Might Actually Attempt to Play Through CoP!

"When asked for comment Dura said 'HOLY SHITE!' and then danced around."
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I don't know what ppl are complaining about this for. Restructuring old areas that hardly anyone touches anymore and uncapping fights that have been around for half a decade is a positive change.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                      I don't know what ppl are complaining about this for. Restructuring old areas that hardly anyone touches anymore and uncapping fights that have been around for half a decade is a positive change.
                      Have you been playing since the beggining of CoP? The fights where hard as hell, and fun as hell when they where capped. They where GREAT. It was a pain to get there at first, then they made it easy as hell if you stay on the edges. Now they are uncapping it, and making it easier to do the fights....
                      To me, thats not fun. I like a challenge. I think this game is going the way of WoW....

Comment

the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond.
                        So now pretty much all of COP is off-limits to anyone under 75?

GG, SE.

Comment

For the most part, the mobs in the zones themselves were always something people doing the missions avoided. By the third floor of Promy fights, you didn't want to catch aggro from things, as the bigger mobs were nigh unbeatable by a single party. Throw in the fact SE could have easily made those 75+ mobs spawn in far off corners away from the mission paths and the missions would still be viable to people of the appropriate levels.

...except for the fact that they uncapped the fights, making it so being under 70 makes you useless.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Idk feba, probably gonna be a mix of both, but yea I get what you're saying, level 40/50 capped zones all of a sudden catering to be DC/EM or worse to 75's, kinda defeats the purpose, BUT they did say they want more ppl leveling there so it's possible only certain mobs will be IT, like Taurus'

5/5 BST +2
                            2/5 WAR +2
                            Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                              Have you been playing since the beggining of CoP? The fights where hard as hell, and fun as hell when they where capped. They where GREAT. It was a pain to get there at first, then they made it easy as hell if you stay on the edges. Now they are uncapping it, and making it easier to do the fights....
                              To me, thats not fun. I like a challenge. I think this game is going the way of WoW....
                              Yes, I beat CoP before it was modified the first time. I enjoyed the challenge of the missions but nowadays there are not that many still needing to beat the fights for the first time and those that do cannot get help for them. I have been playing this game for about 6 years and I don't see the changes they are making as being bad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X