X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caution on Account Hacking

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    This is where SE gets their news?
    You'd prefer Dateline? The MMORPG "To Catch a Predator"?
    But yeah, ABC World News Tonight...I didn't know anyone ever watched that.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
      "To Catch a Predator"
      /obligatory

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
        You'd prefer Dateline? The MMORPG "To Catch a Predator"?
        But yeah, ABC World News Tonight...I didn't know anyone ever watched that.
        Sadly this is something the playerbase has been saying fr the past 6 months.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

The only problem i have with this is.... I HAVE WAITED MONTHS TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK!!!!!!!!! I SENT IN THE NOTORY FORM THEY VARAFIED IT APPARENTLY BUT THEY KEEP SAYING I WILL GET AN E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO RE-ATTAIN MY ACCOUNT! I HAVE HAD SE MAIL IT TO ME LIKE 6 TIMES NOW BUT I STILL HAVE TO DAMN E-MAIL. I AM SICK AND TIRED IF HACKERS AND SE ALWAYS GETTING THEIR WAY! I WAS A FAITHFULL PLAYER WHO NOT GOT INVOLVED IN RMT AND I FEEL LIKE I WAS KNIFED IN THE FUGGIN BACK IN THE END. I WONDER IF I WILL EVER GET MY DAMN CHARACTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Character -Elite "Was Hacked"
          Server -Diabolos

Comment

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
            If < 1 ohm.
            OK, that took me a min, but then I lol'd

Of course, if you don't know anything about Maxwell.....
            sigpic

(\ /)
            ( . . )
            C(")(")
            ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDiabolos View Post
              The only problem i have with this is.... I HAVE WAITED MONTHS TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK!!!!!!!!! I SENT IN THE NOTORY FORM THEY VARAFIED IT APPARENTLY BUT THEY KEEP SAYING I WILL GET AN E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO RE-ATTAIN MY ACCOUNT! I HAVE HAD SE MAIL IT TO ME LIKE 6 TIMES NOW BUT I STILL HAVE TO DAMN E-MAIL. I AM SICK AND TIRED IF HACKERS AND SE ALWAYS GETTING THEIR WAY! I WAS A FAITHFULL PLAYER WHO NOT GOT INVOLVED IN RMT AND I FEEL LIKE I WAS KNIFED IN THE FUGGIN BACK IN THE END. I WONDER IF I WILL EVER GET MY DAMN CHARACTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

the first thing that poped into my head when I saw this was: "now that they read/see some news artical on it they take us seriously?"

I have not been hacked but I did get a weird IM asking if I wanted to "rent" my account to which I said something to the effect that "handing out passwords is always a bad idea..."

I won't hand out my password to anyone and I generaly avoid using the PC client so I'm pretty safe unless someone hacks PS2s XD
                Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                (have fun MMO players ^^)
                Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDiabolos View Post

Jim

Character -Elite "Was Hacked"
                  Server -Diabolos
                  I mentioned this on another post, but meh I'll repeat it here My roommate finaly got an email from SE regarding his account. Well...not really, I got it, cause he gave them my work email so I can print out the form they sent, but when they sent him the email, it only came to me and not him. We don't know if his Yahoo account put it else where or they just didnt' send it to his email account..anyway..BUT it was Banned after it was hacked, so he has to prove to SE it was Compromised when it was Banned by SE......insert here...anyways, he called them up late Friday afternoon and gave them the info they requested to prove it was banned after he claimed it was hacked.

So umm..yeah I'll keep anyone posted who's interested. Later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mauva Syndicate View Post
                    OK, that took me a min, but then I lol'd

Of course, if you don't know anything about Maxwell.....
                    You're obviously more in tune with things than I am. Took me an entire day or so.

Figuring it out on the ride home gave me a good laugh, though.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

How many Borg soldiers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, resistance is futile.

Commence groaning.
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

BTW, if anyone is still wondering about this:

SANS Internet Storm Center; Cooperative Network Security Community - Internet Security - isc
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post

Hmh...SQL injection vulnerabilities. Interesting....

Also when i see Jack in the box commercials on my T.V. I EXPECT THERE TO BE JACK IN THE BOX IN MY AREA NOT 4 STATES AWAY!!!

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

IE.... funny pos program

Really people need to calm down -.- accounts cant be *snap* and bam its yours again, companies place all kinds of rules and regulations for these kinds of things, so accounts can be placed back in the proper hands.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Ok i had finally got my account back. Just wanted to let you guys know it took about 6 months from supeona to notory form. It is a long dreadfull process.

Jim

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X