• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wings of the Goddess" Version Update

Reposted from PlayOnline

Nov. 21, 2007 07:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

"Wings of the Goddess" Version Update

On Nov. 20, 2007, the shipment of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Wings of the Goddess expansion disc has started.
    However an update of the game will be required for the players who have installed the expansion.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

* This update consists of a version upgrade of the client program. When you press the play button after the time stated below, the version upgrade will begin automatically. Please follow the instructions on the screen.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI (Only applies to players who have installed the expansion)

* Time required for FINAL FANTASY XI version update that will begin after the FINAL FANTASY XI: Wings of the Goddess expansion disc is installed are as follows.

"PlayStation 2" Version
    >>Analog modem (56Kbps) users:
    About 5 hours, 16 minutes
    >>DSL (1Mbps) users:
    About 1 hour 21 minutes

Windows Version
    >>Analog modem (56Kbps) users:
    About 1 hour, 4 minutes
    >>DSL (1Mbps) users:
    About 54 minutes

Xbox 360 Version
    >>DSL (1Mbps) users:
    About 24 minutes

* Please note that the above times are the total approximate time for file check, download, and installation. The above times are for reference only. Download times depend on individual users' network environment and may vary from those shown above. Also, this update will require more time if previous version updates were not completed.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: "Wings of the Goddess" Version Update

So, for Windows, a 56k modem vs. DSL adds 10 minutes to your download time. For PS2, a 56k modem vs. DSL adds four hours and five minutes to your download time.

Something about that doesn't seem right.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
      So, for Windows, a 56k modem vs. DSL adds 10 minutes to your download time. For PS2, a 56k modem vs. DSL adds four hours and five minutes to your download time.
      Something about that doesn't seem right.
      Probably someone's math screwed up. This does however mean I am getting less and less time to play during my last vacation time of the year.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Great another hour of downlaods, thank god for my laptop and DS9 boxsets...

Comment

great...I get home and install Wings of the Goddess and then have to sit through another lame hour update before I can play. That stinks!
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            Probably someone's math screwed up. This does however mean I am getting less and less time to play during my last vacation time of the year.
            methinks the error was that they didn't just list 5+ hours for everything.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Maybe they left the guy who did the Crystal War Revisited chart in charge of calculating download times. Or they're using Excel 2007.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

I got my automated "Your game is ready" message. Said it should be around noon. Trying to call now to see if it's actually there, and I keep getting a busy signal.

Good thing I have my PS3. I can start the download, then make some more progress in Assassin's Creed. Hell, I could even open my GameFly envelopes and play Resistance or Skate. I think I'll stick with A.C. though. ^^
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Sort of OT, but I'm surprised SE hasn't put up a System Req page for the Windows version yet.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
                    Good thing I have my PS3. I can start the download...
                    ... once you have the expansion installed.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                      Great another hour of downlaods, thank god for my laptop and DS9 boxsets...
                      For me i have to work late today so no worries. I'll have my kid install for me^^
                      It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Has anyone else done this for the 360 yet? It checks 8294 files, which takes like 15 minutes, then downloaded 70 which only took 5...but then instead of installing it says 'unable to verify version information, version update failed' and I get to start checking 8294 files all over...
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

SE said there was going to be an error and all you have to do is re d/l it and it will be fine.

Edit: Here is the actual quote from SE concerning 360 ver.

Xbox 360 Only

After installing the expansion disc Wings of the Goddess, or the Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection, and attempting to download the version update, the error code "POL-12313" will be displayed. Retrying the download will allow the version update to proceed normally.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                          Dymlos
                          Bahamut server
                          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Ahhh I thought I had seen something like that, but I couldn't find it again when I was looking for it. Thanks^^
                            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

oO omfg, I jsut looked at the new boxart for the '08 collection for the 360 and they so improved it! It makes the old one look even more like shit! ; ; If it wasn't for the one single registration code I would go pick up the '08 edition.

Old: New:

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                              'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                              Dymlos
                              Bahamut server
                              Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Working...
                              X