Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accounts Banned (6/26/2007)

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    My uncle did that once, except it was a bunny.
    That wasn't the bad part. The bad part was cleaning it up so the dog wouldn't get at it.
    Wait wait wait, why does this get more thanks than when I actually try to help someone or make a joke?

I'm not kidding, that happened once. It sucked too, since the previous owners had fed the rabbits, and left us feed to give to them, it was nice to see a bunch of rabbits running around in the back yard with each other.

And then you slaughter one of their young in a very graphic manner, and don't see even a cotton tail for years!

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      Wait wait wait, why does this get more thanks than when I actually try to help someone or make a joke?
      I think you have a (not so secret) admirer.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

And here the sky RMT just got back. Do they even know what demoralization feels like? Are they robots programmed without such emotional concepts? Just two weeks ago they were grinding away in Kuftal and now, ban sticked again. I don't think they even stop to level subjobs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          And here the sky RMT just got back. Do they even know what demoralization feels like? Are they robots programmed without such emotional concepts? Just two weeks ago they were grinding away in Kuftal and now, ban sticked again. I don't think they even stop to level subjobs anymore.
          Some people like leveling.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
            - Gil and item exchange for real world money cases:
            June 26, Approx. 1000 cases
            AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I really hope SE is starting to get serious about these asshats. And the reason RMT never ever go away, no matter how many times they get banned is because people keep buying their gil.

Comment

Gil prices have shot up. 3 million gil is now at an average at over $100

:-D

GO GO Gadget Force Team!

at 100 bucks, that's hardly worth 3mil, I think RMT might be on the road to death.
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I have a question: what exactly is "Instances of ares or monster holding"?

And, how is this illegal? Was Is it some new rules in the last 6 months or so that I just didn't hear about?

Not that I do it, but I've heard of people some time ago dragging NM spawns back to US primetime, and others bringing it back to JP primetime... which is what got the "NMs increase in difficulty over time" update some time ago, if I recall...

Edit: Nevermind. The article has it correctly as "Instances of areas or monster monopolization"... but... again, I think my question still stands. If this referrs to 3rd party applications allowing them to do this, then I think it's valid.... otherwise I don't think this is really a decent reason for being banned...
                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                  And, how is this illegal? Was Is it some new rules in the last 6 months or so that I just didn't hear about?
                  Not that I do it, but I've heard of people some time ago dragging NM spawns back to US primetime, and others bringing it back to JP primetime... which is what got the "NMs increase in difficulty over time" update some time ago, if I recall...
                  Edit: Nevermind. The article has it correctly as "Instances of areas or monster monopolization"... but... again, I think my question still stands. If this referrs to 3rd party applications allowing them to do this, then I think it's valid.... otherwise I don't think this is really a decent reason for being banned...
                  These are griefing tactics. They're talking about holding a mob so that no one else can take it, even though you can not do anything about it. These are not new rules, just they are more visible in enforcing them.

This is (for instance) one person sleeping a valuable mob until they can wake up their LS and kill it 5 hours later type thing, not a handful of people already there and while the rest of the ls is on the way claim it and get working on it. (Though people would call GM's for this)
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

ahhh, I see now. Thanks
                    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

me and my ls did that with that one NM in Yuhtunga on the way to Yhoaor. think its called like Rose Garden or something(the one with Overgrown Rose as its place holder(me thinks))

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post

I think this same exact question got asked last month when SE announced the previous batch of bans.

I have heard of instances where someone got punished for holding mobs even though it had nothing to do with HNMs. A solo BST had a 6 man party camp on top of him, and was told to leave the camp since 6 is greater than 1. The 6 man party brought the BSTs exp to a grinding halt, so the BST decided to fight back by repeatedly charming, moving, and despawning the mobs that the exp party was targetting. The BST was subsequently sent to jail for basically the same thing as holding.
                        Lyonheart
                        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                          at 100 bucks, that's hardly worth 3mil, I think RMT might be on the road to death.
                          You underestimate the depth of depravity that the human soul can reach.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                            Gil prices have shot up. 3 million gil is now at an average at over $100

:-D

GO GO Gadget Force Team!

You do realize that this is all in relativity?

A year ago, to buy roughly 3 items, I needed 10 million gils.

Today, I only need about 2 million.

See the correlation? It costs the same USD as it did a year ago, the only thing that changed is the amount, but in terms of purchasing power, the almight gil just got stronger, not weaker, in this deflationary period.

Oh ... some of the long time players, like Kalistia, on my server, since the deflation, has gotten obscenely powerful. Her 700+ million gil just became, in under a year, a huge % of the total stored gil on this server.

Comment

<(; _ ; )> poor bunny!

(\ /)
                              ( ; . ; )
                              o(> <)
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I think the end of the gilsellers in ffxi might be near. It looks like SE is not only banning the sellers, but the buyers as well. No one wants to get their account banned, so they'll avoid buying gil. The prices are also quite high at the moment, even if the value of gil is rising. I'm sure people will continue to buy gil, but there won't be as many buyers out there. Hopefully the sellers will just give up.

Also, I think the gilsellers are free to level their characters without being banned. SE has no way of knowing if they're gilsellers or not if they're only leveling. Unless they're getting money for gear from some gilseller friends, but I doubt it. Gilsellers usually have the cheapest gear possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X