Accounts Banned (Apr. 25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounts Banned (Apr. 25)

We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

Based on the results of our investigation, over 3400 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while over 500 accounts were temporarily suspended.
    Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    Approx. 600 cases

- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    Approx. 200 cases

-Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
    Approx. 2200cases
    *The above number reflects the total number of accounts banned within the period of a month. This does not include individual cases handled by GMs.

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    Approx. 900 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 2.8 billion gil from circulation.

*As there were no significant violations, we will not be reporting the number of accounts banned in this round of investigations. Rest assured that we will continue to look into and penalize accounts found to be engaging in RMT activities.

We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews10214.shtml

Re: Accounts Banned (Apr. 25)

go go ban stick =P
    Last edited by Sevv; 04-25-2007, 06:16 AM. Reason: i failed
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I wish they'd stop announcing how much gil got destroyed.

does the U.S. treasury announce quarterly how many dollars it burned?

neither should you, SE.
      Grant me wings so I may fly;
      My restless soul is longing.
      No Pain remains no Feeling~
      Eternity Awaits.

Comment

Originally posted by Amele View Post
        I wish they'd stop announcing how much gil got destroyed.

does the U.S. treasury announce quarterly how many dollars it burned?

neither should you, SE.
        Its more or less, shows how much impact of the gil those accounts had to influence as inflation more than anything I think.
        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I dunno, I like how they tell me 2.8 billion gil got taken out, then I can look at my measly Gil balance....

/cheer SE

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
            Its more or less, shows how much impact of the gil those accounts had to influence as inflation more than anything I think.
            given it was rmt and rmt generally doesn't *use* gil (at least not in the quantities we're talking about, RMT isn't in the habit of buying up the supply of Cursed hauberk-1's for instance), it's actually not "in circulation" although I understand why SE uses the term as technically the 'official' reserve is the unlimited gil supply of npcs. (this is more accurately the mint analogue in the XI economy.)

gil that sits and isn't used actively in the economy has no effect on inflation, and in fact, helps deflation (since gil in circulation would be worth less if there was more gil in circulation). removing reserve gil from the game has no effect on circulating gil or it's relative value w/respect to goods on the market.

it's good PR. I know it is (since people like to hear SE is 'doing something' about RMT) but it's also bad economic management, since it can cause 'runs' on the market and lead to overcorrection because people overvalue their gil in the short term. (this is a big reason why the U.S. Treasury doesn't make public service announcements about how many dollars are taken out of circulation each year.)
            Grant me wings so I may fly;
            My restless soul is longing.
            No Pain remains no Feeling~
            Eternity Awaits.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

That's all I have to say.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I wish they would cut the Limbus fee from 50k down to something more reasonable, like 10-25k. I mean back went you could sell spider webs for 18k each 50k didn't seem like much now though it is tough to shell out 100k a week for 2 events.
                Sergeant Major
                75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
                22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
                Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

it has been tough trying to buy things in my server it like everything went up at least 4k and when i try to make money people are boosting the prices up kind of makes it hard to do things lol ^.^
                  Never underestimate my might!
                  Dragoon68, Sam36, Rdm43, Whm30.
                  Bonecraft38, Goldsmithing 4, Leather 6, Cloth 1
                  ZM8:Return to Delkfutt's tower, CoP2-3 The lost city, ToAU13:The black coffin.

Comment

Some quick math:

- average # of accounts (permanently) banned per server: 106
                    - average amount of gil per permanently banned account: 820k
                    - average amount of gil removed per server: 87.5M
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                      Some quick math:

- average # of accounts (permanently) banned per server: 106
                      - average amount of gil per permanently banned account: 820k
                      - average amount of gil removed per server: 87.5M
                      Ouch thats a bunch of gil
                      Never underestimate my might!
                      Dragoon68, Sam36, Rdm43, Whm30.
                      Bonecraft38, Goldsmithing 4, Leather 6, Cloth 1
                      ZM8:Return to Delkfutt's tower, CoP2-3 The lost city, ToAU13:The black coffin.

Comment

I still say a percentage of that gil should be given to each the people who aren't RMTs. Even if it was just 1k a person. At least the gil would go back into the economy for good and not for evil lol.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                          I still say a percentage of that gil should be given to each the people who aren't RMTs. Even if it was just 1k a person. At least the gil would go back into the economy for good and not for evil lol.
                          Doesn't that defeat the purpose of removing the illegally obtained gil?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                            then whats the point of removing the gil?

that gil being in the economy, whomever hands it might be in, pushes inflation. if its not in a rmt's hands, it'll be in a players hands and in terms of the economy it doesnt matter whos hands its in, it lowers the value of your gil and helps drive inflation up.
                            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Has anyone ever got an account back if banned? I heard that SOE was thinking about it calling it "Return to Vana'diel." For those who got banned years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X