Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Maintenance (Feb. 2)

Feb. 2, 2007 03:30 [PST]

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We ask that players who are scheduled to enter Assault or Salvage areas, Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance wait until it is complete before entering. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
    Feb. 2, 2007 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

---

Not sure if anyone posted this already.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Feb. 2)

random maintenance ftw!

I logged on at 8:58 PST. and I see the message. Excellant.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I almost posted this earlier so I could have news again, but I figured someone already had.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Please be a fishbot fix. -.-;
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It is a fishbot fix

At the following time, we have performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

* This update consists of a version upgrade of the client program. When you press the play button after the time stated below, the version upgrade will begin automatically. Please follow the instructions on the screen.

[Affected Period]
          Feb. 2, 2007 19:00 (GMT)

[Affected Services]
          FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
          - The fishing yield of the following areas has been adjusted:
          Batallia Downs, Valkurm Dunes, Buburimu Peninsula, Labyrinth of Onzozo

- Recipes for the following items have been temporarily removed from the game and will be modified in the future version updates:
          Rusty Cap, Rusty Greatsword, Rusty Pick

- Addressed an issue wherein the game would freeze under certain circumstances. ("PlayStation 2" and Windows versions only)

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            Please be a fishbot fix. -.-;
            Ask and tho shalt receive Task...lol! Nice fix, about time I guess. So how are they gonna "re-implement" those rusty items at a later date?

Comment

[Important Update Details]
              - The fishing yield of the following areas has been adjusted:
              Batallia Downs, Valkurm Dunes, Buburimu Peninsula, Labyrinth of Onzozo

- Recipes for the following items have been temporarily removed from the game and will be modified in the future version updates:
              Rusty Cap, Rusty Greatsword, Rusty Pick
              That's so funny how S-E has to keep following up with RMTs. Changing things that haven't been changed for... 5 years?

I wish they also ban those accounts in addition to the change they make to the game.

That makes me curious tho what you can now catch in those area....
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

WOOHOO! ^^ Not the sweeping fix to the fishing system I hoped for, but at least a direct hit on the RMT's new pet exploit. It's really encouraging to see SE releasing timely patches to combat gilsellers.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm glad they're finally addressing the freezing issue when switching from PC-PS2/3 and then from PS2/3 to PC. When you zone it'll freeze and eventually crash....could care less about the fishing fix becasue i hardly fish.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Wow! I still can't believe it was a fishbot "adjustment".
                    This is cool and a little scary at the same time.

Hopefully, the "adjustments" are mainly for the items and not the fish. Maybe the Rusty recipes will become level cap 90? Or they'll add some really expensive ingredient?

Tonight, I'll check if I can still catch Shall Shells in Bubu.
                    I wonder how long it takes the fish- and craft-bots to figure things out.
                    They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I give it a week, tops, before they hit on a new scheme. Say what you want about them, they are clever little weasels those RMTs. (Of course not clever enough to come up with names less obvious that Ooooyyyyy32)

Comment

guess we're all in debt to Taj
                        Last edited by x1ang; 02-02-2007, 01:12 PM.

Comment

So, did the fix work? Even though I'm at home right now I don't have time to play, so can't find out.

Are the bots still there?
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

some of the bots are still there but most have moved to other zones. the chinese figure these updates fast and usually turn to an new item rather quickly. just give them couple days and they'll be up to another exploit, only for something else.
                            Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                            Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Regarding the fishing "adjustments":

I just had time to fish for maybe 40 minutes in Buburimu. It's been a long since I fished there, but I'm pretty sure 4 bites (1 kelp, 1 bucket, 1 shall shell, 1 yellow globe) in that time is fairly abysmal for me.

I went out to Batallia to see what the fishbots were pulling up and considering there were about 60 all clumped together, there wasn't a whole lot they were getting. Mostly jellyfish with the odd rusty item.

My guess is that SE has temporarily reduced the overall bite rate (not just items phooey) in the areas they "adjusted".
                              They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X