X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21)

All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21)

Details here.

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 21, 2006 from 10:00 to 12:00 (PDT)
    *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Details]
    - Chocobo Raising will become available.

- The reuse timer for Puppetmaster's pet command, "Deactivate" will be changed to 1 minute.

- During a defensive Besieged, after retreating, the beastman forces would not remain at half strength. This will be fixed.

- Incorrect appearence for the "Archaic Mirror" monster within Arrapago Reef and Halvung will be fixed.

- An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.

- The "Bad Breath" ability used by some of the Morbol type monsters has not been reflected properly. This will be addressed.

- An issue with the battle motion of the monster "Mammet" within the battle field for the "Ancient Vows" mission is not displayed correctly will be fixed.

- Using the "Spirit Link" ability after obtaining the the job trait "Empathy" would debuff pet wyvern instead. This will be addressed.

- Effects for the following items are not reflected correctly and will be addressed:
    Karin Obi / Hyorin Obi / Furin Obi / Dorin Obi
    Rairin Obi / Suirin Obi / Korin Obi / Anrin Obi

- An issue with the instrument "Storm Fife" which could not be sold on the auction house but can be selected from the inventory when selling will be addressed.

- The furniture "Fighting Fish Tank" would reproduce an improper layout size during mog house layout. This will be fixed.

EDIT: Expanded text quoted above originally quoted by Aeolus and merged into this post. - Icemage
    Last edited by Icemage; 08-18-2006, 06:13 AM.
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Re: Aug. 21 Mainteance

Ick. They seem to be fixing the activate/deactivate Pup trick. No more endless nuking I guess.
    Tyros - Bahamut
    DRK75 / BLM75
    LS: MoonlightAngels
    Windurst: Rank 10 / Bastok: Rank 10 / San d'Oria: Rank 10 / RotZ: Clear / CoP: Bahamut v1
    ToAU: Clear / Assault: First Lieutenant / WotG: Mission 6 / Campaign: Wings of Honor
    Cooking 90.3 + 2

Comment

- The "Bad Breath" ability used by some of the Morbol type monsters has not been reflected properly. This will be addressed.
      Hmmm they fixing bad breath? Interesting.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Looks good I am pretty excited about the Choco thing.

Unfortunately, I am still in Kuwait and won't be home till the end of next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Awilo
          A few of the Morbol NMs have been having issues lately where there are no status effects applied from Bad Breath sometimes (I can verify that Voluptuous Vixen, at least, is currently suffering from this).

Icemage

Comment

Aug. 18, 2006 03:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
            Aug. 21, 2006 from 10:00 to 12:00 (PDT)
            *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
            FINAL FANTASY XI

[Details]
            - Chocobo Raising will become available.

- The reuse timer for Puppetmaster's pet command, "Deactivate" will be changed to 1 minute.

- During a defensive Besieged, after retreating, the beastman forces would not remain at half strength. This will be fixed.

- Incorrect appearence for the "Archaic Mirror" monster within Arrapago Reef and Halvung will be fixed.

- An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.

- An issue with the battle motion of the monster "Mammet" within the battle field for the "Ancient Vows" mission is not displayed correctly will be fixed.

- Using the "Spirit Link" ability after obtaining the the job trait "Empathy" would debuff pet wyvern instead. This will be addressed.

- Effects for the following items are not reflected correctly and will be addressed:
            Karin Obi / Hyorin Obi / Furin Obi / Dorin Obi
            Rairin Obi / Suirin Obi / Korin Obi / Anrin Obi

- An issue with the instrument "Storm Fife" which could not be sold on the auction house but can be selected from the inventory when selling will be addressed.

- The furniture "Fighting Fish Tank" would reproduce an improper layout size during mog house layout. This will be fixed.

Details here.
            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
            Woodworking 91.9+2
            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21)

Moved to front page news, merged posts and reformatted to suit front page news.

---

Also interesting to note are the changes to the descriptions of the 8 elemental booster belts from sea. I wonder what the new text will be?

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Awilo
                Listerine is going out of business.

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.
                  /cry

Comment

I also see now that I reread over it that the fighting fish tank is being resized. I assume this will make it 1x1 like the Goldfish bowl instead of the 2x1 that it currently is.
                    Tyros - Bahamut
                    DRK75 / BLM75
                    LS: MoonlightAngels
                    Windurst: Rank 10 / Bastok: Rank 10 / San d'Oria: Rank 10 / RotZ: Clear / CoP: Bahamut v1
                    ToAU: Clear / Assault: First Lieutenant / WotG: Mission 6 / Campaign: Wings of Honor
                    Cooking 90.3 + 2

Comment

doesn't matter. i'll be sleeping during this time, then waking up in time to head to work. ><
                      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Now you can have a mount with you all the time, gg

Comment

Originally posted by Maerta
                          Now you can have a mount with you all the time, gg
                          Here's hoping you can summon a chocobo at the Vahzl crystal and actually ride it to Fei'Yin. Gawd, I hate that run.
                          The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                          Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                          "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                          a world without hate.
                          And I can picture us attacking that world,
                          because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by Herrisa
                            Here's hoping you can summon a chocobo at the Vahzl crystal and actually ride it to Fei'Yin. Gawd, I hate that run.

Well, i read their post. They say you will be able to call it anywhere. Of course only where you are able to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Maerta
                              Well, i read their post. They say you will be able to call it anywhere. Of course only where you are able to ride.
                              Unfortunately, we don't know if we can ride up in Xarcabard or not. We've never been able to have a chocobo in that area. Though I assume that since it's considered an outdoor area, we'll be good.

That and I've been told that Bards can only use Chocobo Mazurka in an area that chocobos are allowed. We know that Mazurka works in Xarcabard and Beaucedine.

Now that makes me wonder something else. I would like to assume that Zeruhn Mines is not considered a dungeon, because you cannot use escape there, and using escape in Korroloka puts you in Zeruhn. I wonder if we would be able to call them in Zeruhn. I doubt it, but it would be pretty funny. There'd be no reason to do it anyway, except to see if it is possible.
                              Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                              I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Working...
                              X