X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoL Site Updated- RMT Countermeasures

Jun. 12, 2006 01:00 [PDT]

RMT Countermeasures

Recently, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Since the middle of May, 2006, the development team and the GMs carried out a detailed investigation of this problem, and discovered the existence of a group using illicit methods to produce large amounts of gil that are later sold in the real world (Real Money Trading). We would like to take this opportunity to outline the measures that have been taken to correct this issue.

Based on the results of this investigation, more than 250 accounts among those found to be involved in large-scale RMT operations have been terminated. We will continue to monitor accounts suspected of dealing in gil created or obtained in an unfair manner. Thanks to these measures, more than 250 billion gil has been removed from circulation.

As has been previously stated, acts of RMT will not be tolerated in FINAL FANTASY XI, and any violations of the user agreement will be dealt with severely. We would like to assure our players that all efforts are being made to ensure a fair playing experience.

We hope to have your continuing understanding and cooperation in creating a Vana'diel that everyone can enjoy.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news7775.shtml

I was hoping for more detailed info on the Job Updates, and the new avatar, but RMT countermeasures works ;P
    Last edited by Balfree; 06-12-2006, 04:01 AM.

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: PoL Site Updated- RMT Countermeasures

That is good news to me, as someone coming fresh to the game very soon. I mean, the fact that they took 250 billion gil out of circulation has to be a good thing, right?

Comment

Just the thought of 250 billion gil gives me shivers. Man, I could use some of that. But I'm glad they are taking measures, and I'm glad to hear about this.

Comment

For those keeping count, that's 550 Billion this year alone that has been removed from people that have been obtaining gil by "ilicit methods" as SE likes to call it. Considering that just after the announcement there was a Windows version patch, I'd say people were duping gil again.

For the nay sayers that SE does nothing, I say suck it. 550 Billion gill and almost 1,000 accounts banned within six months is nothing to senze at.

Comment

250 billion... they should give me a billion for how cute my taru is.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Thanks once again Kolid, for the update (moved to front page, also edited a bit to look a bit better on front page)

Anyway, might this be the reason why bibiki bay fishing guild hasnt had 10 anon "ASDFG"-type characters for the last month-ish ?
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Well good on SE for finding those violating ToS in such a way. And also i got to say wow, cause it only took them a month this time, so i guess they are refining thier methods on trackin down RMTrs (this is in no way a slam i am really pleased )

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Good job SE. I am yet to log on and see the exact effects of this move.
                With soooooooo many servers, that's a lot of work tracking down RMTs. I guess chipping away at the accounts slowly will indeed work out over time - hehe just like xp.

Keep it up SE. One suggestion I do have is tracking down bots. Hopefully SE can do something bout that too.
                Race: Galka
                Main: PLD61
                Skills: Cooking 62, Clothcraft 22, Fishing 10
                LS: ChainsofGod
                AF: Honour Sword ( )
                Gallant leggings ()
                Gallant Gauntlets ()
                Gallant Coronet ( )
                Gallant Breeches ( )
                Gallant Surcout ( )

Server: Cerberus

Comment

Wow, thanks for the update.

And... 250 billion on 250 accounts?! That's a billion an account! @.@;;; Just thinking about it gives me the shivers...
                  BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                  Cooking83
                  Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Excellent news!
                    SE really are working hard to remove a problem that affects us all.
                    People always whinge about gilsellers and how SE do nothing, but look at this and the last purge.. that's a LOT of action.

Well done SE!
                    Oyoyu
                    TaruTaru
                    Windurst Rank 6
                    Midgardsormr

BLM:32/WHM:66/DRG:52/PLD:54/MNK:12/WAR:27/BRD:34
                    SMN:33/BST:9/RDM:8/THF:32/RNG:19/DRK:15/SAM: 27/NIN:19/BLU5/PUP10/COR5

Comment

The amount of gil removed really is impressive, but 250 accounts is really only 7 or 8 per server. Still, good to see some action being taken, but don't be surprised if you still see most of your server's notorious gilsellers out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by Djonma
                        Excellent news!
                        SE really are working hard to remove a problem that affects us all.
                        People always whinge about gilsellers and how SE do nothing, but look at this and the last purge.. that's a LOT of action.

Well done SE!
                        People say that because they (SE) seem like they dont know their own player community and their habits enough to act accordingly _EVERYDAY_

I've said this before: Ask the gilseller if he's a gilseller. He's not gonna deny it. I've done it countless times.

Korroloka tunnel fishers said they sold gil because its their job.

That yagudo nm... "firegods" "earthgods" and other "-gods" have admitely confirmed that they are gilsellers on the Ragnarok server

Just yesterday i was camping VE and there were 2 "Asdf" anon linkshell-less parties, one wiped and asked me for raise, the other was also struggling, i noticed their members and quickly asked if they sold gil, guess what they said? "yes, can you raise plz?"

Shouldnt imediate ban be in place? when i called GMs on all those situations, all they did was say theres no proof.. even though they just admited..

Thats what makes me mad... then again, GMs are NOT square, I guess.

Comment

Should be a week or so before the gilsellers start showing up in oz again with dif characters. Mind you SE sound like their going to be banning them alot more often now.
                          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                          Woodworking 91.9+2
                          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

And why doesnt SE follow these people's adresses and sue or something? Or is this not enough of a legal offence?

Comment

The RMT botting ulli are still there...
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X