X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Beta News

Xbox 360â„¢ FINAL FANTASY XI Beta

(03/17/2006)

The commencement of official service for FINAL FANTASY XI on the Xbox 360 begins on April 20, 2006*, and so we must say farewell to the extremely popular beta test (ending at midnight PST on April 2, 2006).
    As was previously mentioned in Topics, it will be possible to transfer characters from the beta server to an existing World. The procedure for transferring characters will be explained in an upcoming announcement.
    * Japan Standard Time.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Thanks Yyg!

This kind of angers me. They never let us keep our beta characters from Cactaur. Granted, most people didn't get very far, but it's the principle. They should make them start over like they did for us. lol

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
    Personality Tests

Comment

Re: Xbox 360 Beta News

yeah i know

well, i think they need all the customers they can get.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

What is the estimated population on that Server? Is that server itself being shut down?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, there are approximately one thousand active beta testers.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I wonder how will they distribute players amongst the servers....
            Even more.... iwll there be the possibility to have new servers at all?

Comment

As was previously mentioned in Topics, it will be possible to transfer characters from the beta server to an existing World. The procedure for transferring characters will be explained in an upcoming announcement.
              This is just BOGUS and totally ASS-TASTIC of SE to do this.

I'm peeved now... if I was able to roll character from Closed to Open and to retail, I would have a level 45 character at retail Day One...

Comment

april 2nd is my birthday THANKS FOR THE PRESENT
                Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

/sea all on Hydra (beta server) brings back around 3650 people logged in....

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                  we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Well keep in mind the general policy for beta testing is not to allow players to keep there characters simply because it would give people an unfair advantage, whereas with a game that has been around for years, allowing people to beta test will not give them an advantage, but participating in the beta test would disadvantage people who could have spent that time leveling a live character.
                    ~Zozor!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiseman40
                      Well keep in mind the general policy for beta testing is not to allow players to keep there characters simply because it would give people an unfair advantage, whereas with a game that has been around for years, allowing people to beta test will not give them an advantage, but participating in the beta test would disadvantage people who could have spent that time leveling a live character.
                      So using that logic, SE really shafted the NA beta testers. Not surprising.

It doesn't surprise me that they are doing this. They are going after a non-traditional audience for a MMORPG. To say, "so sorry but you start from scratch" is rather disheartening and won't help sell the game. So this way they are probably hoping they'll catch more people.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                        It doesn't surprise me that they are doing this. They are going after a non-traditional audience for a MMORPG. To say, "so sorry but you start from scratch" is rather disheartening and won't help sell the game. So this way they are probably hoping they'll catch more people.
                        Exactly, from what it looks like, they are catering to the "traditional" xbox crowd. They're afraid if they treat them like they do everyone else, that they'll all just say screw it and go back to playing Halo. Its the whole "instant gratification" thing.

Disclaimer: I own an old xbox and a 360, and I still occasionally play Halo2. If you don't fall into the traditional and stereotypical idea of an Xbox player, then don't take what I said as an insult. If you do fit the stereotypical idea of an Xbox player, then well, I guess my post speaks for itself.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                          So using that logic, SE really shafted the NA beta testers. Not surprising.

I thought of this too, but there's something to consider. XB360 release adds how many new players compared to the NA release? I came in after NA release, but IIRC, wasn't the NA beta significantly larger than the current XB360 beta?

Alternately, it could be a simple matter of them not adding a new regional market that makes the difference. That is, they already have the NA/EU POL/Registration servers in place, and they do have to transfer that information as well. The fact that thier already in place might have something to do with the ability to roll accounts over.

Comment

Personally, it is of little concern to me because I plan on just carrying on the play with my original character anyway. While I liked playing the 360 beta, it was just way to competitive to level up that character.

Besides, there is no telling how many of the beta players will want to pay that extra fee to SE for Playonline service every month. The fact they get to keep their character may be enjoy to entice them continue playing.
                            You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

Hmm...i feel a little shafted....its not a major deal but i would have liked to transfer my old Cactuar character too...

Comment

Working...
                              X