• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb. 21, 2006 (JST) Update Details

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...z1/detail.html

What I found interesting,

The following restrictions have been placed on delivering gil:
    The maximum amount of money that can be sent at one time has now been set to 1 million gil.
    Gil can now only be placed in one of the 8 delivery slots.
    I like this, I know a lot of people will complain about HNMLS banks and such but, I think have a bank mule and picking a day and time to have members run up and recieve their pay would be a good work around.

Oh! and I like this!!:

The chocobo fares in San d'Oria, Bastok, Windurst, Jeuno, and the crags of Holla, Dem, and Mea will drop more rapidly than before the version update.
    I was at Mea the other day 3758gil for a chocobo, I ran instead. I needed the exercise.
    Sergeant Major
    75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
    22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
    Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Re: Feb. 21, 2006 (JST) Update Details

If you go on the main page, there's more on the gil adjustment:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/inf...on/060221.html
    what I found interesting there was:
    A tax on sending gil was among the measures considered, but the development team is still observing the effect of the RMT countermeasures implemented on February 9.
    And, on the topic of the update, I like how they're reducing the time for the chocobo prices to drop in alot of the areas. Hopefully, this'll keep the mea price from rising on my server ~.~.
    Haikus are easy.
    But sometimes they don't make sense.
    Refrigerator.

Comment

As for restricting the amount of gil that can be sent, I predict that gilsellers will want to actually meet the buyers in-game to trade to the gil, especially for the large buyers ( which are one to many on Asura.). This increases the effectiveness for gilseller's mules, but those mules stick out like sore thumbs to SE. I suppose SE can also send "moles" when buying gil to find out who is selling and who isn't.

Comment

It will be like gil laundering, a Gil mule will run up trade to another Gil mule who in turn will trade the exact amount to another Gil mule who will meet up with the buyer.

We will see more lvl 1 characters running around Jeuno for sure.
        Sergeant Major
        75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
        22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
        Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

A tax on sending gil was among the measures considered, but the development team is still observing the effect of the RMT countermeasures implemented on February 9.
          What was that about RMT quick fixes?
          They may not get rid of RMTs... but they are damn sure making things hard on them.

-RMT (Sellers) would have to send gil from multiple accounts... thus costing them more to maintain.
          -RMT (Sellers) would have to stay online longer and have more contact with the player they are sending gil too in order to confirm transactions.
          -RMT (Sellers) now stand to lose even more money if caught.

-RMT (Collectors) can no longer send massive amounts of gil to 1 account after selling. Instead, they will have to wait for the RMT (Sellers) to stay online and empty the inbox from each transaction, thus slowing them up and forcing them to spend more time in front of the NPC than the NM camp.

-RMT (Buyers) will now feel more exposed when they have to wait for that 10 million gil for 50$ (guessing) to be sent, thus drawing more attention to them because...

-SE can now more easily track gil movements in the economy.

So lets hear the negative side of this from the skeptics...

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

This will definatley make things harder for them. But yes, we will see alot of mules in jeuno now. I hope this leads to the banning of more accounts! SE is doing a good job!

Comment

It looks like they are realy pushing the RTM issue, probably to fix it to some degree before the x360 retail releace so the new players wont be descuraged by a retarted ecconomy.

Also i like the new chocobo fare policy, i rarely have gil anymore thats not invested in the ah (thank you crafting >.>).

Comment

That is the main reason behind it. To make this game affordable for new members. My fear is that once the new xbox members are estblished, they will let the economy go crazy again. I hope not!

Comment

The only negatives I see on the gilsending is that it's a big blow to those of us that have distributed mules that make gil for the main character. It restricts how much and how fast I can send gil between the characters on the same account. Mogmail is the only way to exchange gil from mules to main on the same account, so if a tax gets implemented too, it really would screw over many of us legitimate players. In the end, it may force us to acquire a second account to juggle the gil around more to get it to ourselves

The choco price reduction? I don't agree with. Almost every server complains about inflation and the need for gilsinks. Well, S-E just reduced the effectiveness of one of those gilsinks.

Most everything in this update I agree with and understand as being a necessity... except for the choco price thing, I think that was not right.

Comment

I lack to see why dont you agree on the Chocobo thing... can you please develop...
                    and well maybe the money trading can be disable for characters on teh same POL ID?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                      and well maybe the money trading can be disable for characters on teh same POL ID?
                      You know, that's a really good idea! I'd be content if they did something like that!
                      Haikus are easy.
                      Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                        I lack to see why dont you agree on the Chocobo thing... can you please develop...
                        Wont that defeat the purpose of limiting RMT accounts with large number of characters/mules?
                        ~Aquelia
                        TaruPrime Powah!
                        Chocobo Raising Diary: http://aquelia.waltzforariah.com

Comment

forcing them to spend more time in front of the NPC than the NM camp.
                          you know gilsellers work in team. The one at NMs are bunch of auto scripted bots and at the end of day they send all items to the central account where it sells everything.

I agree this is a lot of trouble to legit players too. -.-
                          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

just a little note that if you're in the chatrooms, there's also a POL update that you might wanna get now.
                            EDIT: and the FFXI update.
                            Haikus are easy.
                            Refrigerator.

Comment

Setting RMT aside, this is going to make distrubuting profits after a BCNM really annoying.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X