Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warp Hacking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    I don't understand why SE just doesn't make an account on each server, and have a script written for it, to just patrol the zones, watching above and underground for suspicious activity such as warping, being underground, and so on. It then alerts a GM who then sends the player a tell, and teleportation them to the GM jail if there is one. If they don't respond, they get suspended, if they log on after suspension and continue, they get banned.
    Not that SE doesn't have test accounts, but the company does have access to everything; it wouldn't need an account to 'look' at a small area in a zone.

    As to why the dev team doesn't monitor the player activities more given that it can access everything, it's probably due to issues of resource allocation:
    1. What do you want the devs to work on, and
    2. Do you really want to saddle the server hosts with some very RAM/CPU/Data intensive processes?

    I would guess that trying to monitor in detail all the player all the time will probably slow down stuff enough to make the game unplayable (unless there are very few players).

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    I don't understand why SE just doesn't make an account on each server, and have a script written for it, to just patrol the zones, watching above and underground for suspicious activity such as warping, being underground, and so on. It then alerts a GM who then sends the player a tell, and teleportation them to the GM jail if there is one. If they don't respond, they get suspended, if they log on after suspension and continue, they get banned.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    One of my FC mates managed to legitimately build up a crazy amount of gil via crafting and gathering. We do love poking fun at him and have seriously considered running a betting pool on when he's getting suspended and put under investigation.
    Don't joke about it ... I've known a couple of legitimate players that logged in to a near empty coffer (Apparently their gil seized by SE) He should realize that a lot of that gil was built up through exploitation and aren't even "real". I think half my Free Company are programmers IRL and we've figured out how these guys are doing it and have made separate inquiries through the support email. Basically we all agree that SE is going about it the wrong way. They need to actively ban players who've acquired a lot of gil really quickly from the game, not the suspected RMT players (although that kind of accumulation ban will hit them, too) You get rid of those that buy gil, then the RMT will eventually stop. The botting won't, however, but that's a separate investigation and it would be better in that instance if SE focused on closing the loopholes before they worry about stamping about the bots. No loopholes, no bots.

    Edit: Quickly acquiring a large sum of gil means through trade and not through the markets. Especially if no item changes hands (or items that are of any significant value to end game players) I would hope SE keeps logs of transactions in the game...

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    One of my FC mates managed to legitimately build up a crazy amount of gil via crafting and gathering. We do love poking fun at him and have seriously considered running a betting pool on when he's getting suspended and put under investigation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    So yeah, now they have a crafting hack...

    new crafting glitch/hack


    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Fleece no longer an option

    And I thought diremite webs were getting dififcult to farm -_-; SE needs to really crack down on the warp bot. Unfortunately, this means changing the game code, and it probably means locking the game in a sandbox so that things we take for granted (like ALT+TAB) will never work again. Or they can do what Sega did with PSO2, and have some security shield running (I think Blizzard still runs Warden with WoW IIRC)

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    I did what Mal suggested but the problem was that the "botter" pulled out a chocobo companion. I'm guessing they haven't figured out a way to block trades, so instead they pull out a chocobo companion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Took 'em long enough, but better late than never.

    Maybe now it'll actually be possible to farm Diremite Webs & Fleece. Might also explain why prices have started to rise somewhat - I swear Excalibur's economy is totally FUBAR - Cobalt is nearly worthless while Steel & Mythril are worth a fortune.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    SE added an update to their fight against RMT:

    FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Regarding Actions Taken Against In-Game RMT Ads and Illicit Activities (Oct. 1)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jarre
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    At least many people can use the same spot and it doesn't disapear like in FFXI when one person has used it

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Reported another one ... this was pretty blatant no matter how you look at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Some of them have an auto-cancel code written, but the ones I've encountered don't.

    So unless they're on ACN, they'll stop dead and just let the mob wail on them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Teleport farming diremites? -_- Sweet merciful Nald.

    I heard about the trade thing, but with the miners I could never get the trade window up before they popped out of range.
    If you wait near one of the nodes, they will appear next to it eventually, and then use macro (target, trade) to do it more quickly than using the convoluted menu system. However, I did not know about this "trade will freeze the bots", so this is worth a shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    Teleport farming diremites? -_- Sweet merciful Nald.

    I heard about the trade thing, but with the miners I could never get the trade window up before they popped out of range.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Warp Hacking

    I did my part.

    Someone in-game told me that if you trade one of those bots, they freeze up. So I basically started MPKing the guys who were teleport farming the diremites until their gear broke.

    If SE won't do anything about 'em, I will.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X