FFXIV Early Access Issues/Duty Finder Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV Early Access Issues/Duty Finder Errors

Not sure if this is happening on any other server (I'd imagine so) but the Duty Finder on my server (Goblin) is not working. A lot of players who are in Gridania doing their level 15 Quest are being frozen at the NPC after engaging with it. Not sure if this is happening on anyone else but me. Just making a note of talking to the NPC will freeze all your actions and it even goes as far as preventing log out. Just thought I'd post this in regards to maybe keeping people from being caught up in the mess. People are saying the server is overloaded.
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Re: FFXIV Early Access Issues/Duty Finder Errors

It's all NA/EU servers. They're doing a 3 hour emergency maint to fix it.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I kinda wanna take a peek at the Japanese servers. Wondering if there is any english players there.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Looks like the combined load of the EU players + the NA players pushed the servers over the edge.

I shall continue drinking my beer watching re-runs of Stargate Atlantis until they come back up ^o^
        - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
        Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
        My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

I've had this happen to me on the THM Quest "The Threat of Perlexity". Basically force the game to close via task manager and you get control of your character back. Send in a bug report and try again.

If the mission is truly bugged then send in Bug Reports and tickets and whatnot.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Having issues on certain story missions not creating the instance for me. Well, not just me, pretty much everyone is having the same problem. Other than that, I'm having a fantastic time so far!

Comment

The instance servers are over capacity which is the cause. Higher level missions and Dungeons will put you in no problem.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Well, I am at a standstill until they get this instance issue resolved. There are no more quests available for me and I haven't progressed far enough to be able to change classes yet. Also taken my Hunt Log as far as I can. =/ Time to wait for maintenance....
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

ARGH WTF!!

-_- NA/EU servers just all crashed again, right as I was about to HQ an item too

Not cool.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Server congestion causing excessive latency? Take down the NA/EU servers so the Japanese players can play without issue.

Typical SE.

Comment

Not a good start after the shitstorm they had with the initial release...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Not a good start after the shitstorm they had with the initial release...
                        Please I've heard enough of this from the fucking WoW players on the damn server. Don't need it from you. Gonna point something out.

-World of Warcraft had a bad release.
                        -Diablo 3
                        -Star Wars The Old Republic

Comment

2 of those barely carry any interest anymore, and WoW wasn't nearly as disastrous. It also recovered quite quickly, where XIV just got written off entirely.
                          sigpic

Comment

Another 2.5 hour maintenance coming up:

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

As we previously announced on the “Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)” announcement, we will be conducting maintenance to address the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

While we previously stated that we will be optimizing the servers prior to the emergency maintenance, we will require additional time to also implement counter measures to decrease the load on the servers.

While we estimate the time frame of the maintenance to be around two and a half hours, we will do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
                            Aug. 24, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
                            North American/European Data Center Worlds
                            - Adamantoise
                            - Balmung
                            - Behemoth
                            - Cactuar
                            - Cerberus
                            - Coeurl
                            - Diabolos
                            - Excalibur
                            - Exodus
                            - Faerie
                            - Gilgamesh
                            - Goblin
                            - Hyperion
                            - Lamia
                            - Leviathan
                            - Malboro
                            - Midgardsormr
                            - Moogle
                            - Odin
                            - Phoenix
                            - Ragnarok
                            - Sargatanas
                            - Shiva
                            - Siren
                            - Ultros
                            Since the forums are loading like ass, I'll post the previous, corresponding message for everyone to see:

The following is the current situation regarding the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

After investigating the issue, we have identified that the following issues are currently occurring.

- Regarding the server in charge of connecting players to the instances.
                            We have confirmed an issue with the server in charge of connecting players to the instances. An overload on the servers caused a significant drop in performance. Therefore, we are currently making preparations to further optimizing the server. We currently estimate the operation to take about 30 minutes.

Fortunately, this process can be done without any sort of maintenance. We will be able to verify the performance of the server immediately after the optimization process is completed.

- Regarding the error 90000
                            We have confirmed an issue with the character data for certain players. These players currently will receive the error 90000 and not be able to access any instances.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue, but the issue will require maintenance to address.

We plan on conducting emergency maintenance as soon as we complete the optimization process stated above.

We are currently concentrating all of our efforts to address this issue, so we appreciate your continued patience while we work to address this matter.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
                            Last edited by Hayde; 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                              Server congestion causing excessive latency? Take down the NA/EU servers so the Japanese players can play without issue.

Typical SE.
                              The Japanese playerbase is also tiny compared to the NA/EU playerbase that gets entirely lumped together. Ideally they should have split NA and EU further which they didn't.

Basically there are fewer problems with the Japanese servers because the strain on them is a fraction to that the NA/EU servers are.

Statements like that just makes you sound like a fucking moron.
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                              X