Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

Oh so it's like reserved housing in a zone shared by other players? That is very cool mew. Ya in FFXI zones, the players outdoor residential areas were not explorable, you just warp from the residential entrance directly into the mog house (like entering a hotel entrance and instantly appearing inside apartment), though this sounds more indepth, mew. Well ya, even Basty, Windy and Sandy had houses you could "enter", though you couldn't own those (liked some of those Sandy houses in the persistent zone. and the shops in Basty upstairs felt kinda like a house.) Though wonder if they have to generate new zones for every extra house made. That sounds like a lot of extra processing for a mostly cosmetic feature. I wonder if that might in fact hurt the general population in the primary city zones. Or on the flipside, help balance the amount of crowds in a single city area. but better a crowded feeling city than an empy feeling one, mew.

Comment

Yeah I'm a little worried should even half of the people who quit shortly after 1.0 launched, that racked up hundreds of millions of gil come back and derail the economy before it even has a chance.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        Yeah I'm a little worried should even half of the people who quit shortly after 1.0 launched, that racked up hundreds of millions of gil come back and derail the economy before it even has a chance.
        Oh ya be sure to message Yoshida about it and let the beta community be aware how that gil issue could affect things, unless there will be servers that are exclusive for fresh created characters only, they would really have to come up with some solution. Maybe they can label 1.0 Gil as "Lesser Gil" Like 5,000 Lesser Gil is worth 1 Gil when converted into present day Eorzea money/currency. That could be another great solution, mew.

Comment

So like, can we just strap.... "it" (because I refuse to acknowledge J9 as a human being) to a rocket already and fire it into the sun?
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder ... though ... if they weren't banned? There was a hack in the early days where items could be duplicated (And there was also an exploit) It wasn't just a duplication of an item per se, but a duplication of an entire inventory slot. In other words, you duplicated a stack of mythril ingots (not that anyone could've gotten those within the first week) rather than just one ingot.

I may have some screenshots of general chat where people boasted (or talked about other players) having 100 million or more gils within the first 3 months of release. Yes, it wasn't too difficult to make gil in the game, as I made my first million within 2 months. But to rack up 2, 3 or 5 hundred million? That's utter ridiculousness if it was straight up legit.

Comment

Aren't they reducing the gil we have on-hand by 10%?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                Yes. And with certain other game mechanics, I'm quite sure those with millions are going to blow through it without noticing, but can't discuss that right now due to NDA.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                  They aren't reducing our gil by 10% they are reducing it to 10% of our current value. Not sure if that's what you meant, but....
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                    They aren't reducing our gil by 10% they are reducing it to 10% of our current value. Not sure if that's what you meant, but....
                    No. They are reducing gil by 10%. If you had 1 million, you now have 100k.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                      No. They are reducing gil by 10%. If you had 1 million, you now have 100k.
                      NO. It's symantecs, but what you are saying is not correct. if you had 1 million and "they are reducing gil by 10%" you would lose 10% of your gil. If you had 1 mil, 10% of your gil would be 100k, so reducing your gil BY 10% would reduce it to 900k. They are reducing a players gil to 10% of the amount they had.
                      RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                        NO. It's symantecs, but what you are saying is not correct. if you had 1 million and "they are reducing gil by 10%" you would lose 10% of your gil. If you had 1 mil, 10% of your gil would be 100k, so reducing your gil BY 10% would reduce it to 900k. They are reducing a players gil to 10% of the amount they had.
                        Yeah that thing.^
                        sigpic

Comment

But that's also very much irrelevant because prices are also supposed to get adjusted to match that reduction.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                            Yeah that thing.^
                            ^

Comment

But that's also very much irrelevant because prices are also supposed to get adjusted to match that reduction.
                              Not this shit again... NPC pricing is adjusted... How many items do you buy from an NPC??? The economy in FFXIV is not between player and NPC its between player and player. The reduction in gil will start the economy off with pricing reduced and on a smaller scale, but once the game's been out for a while and players have begin to amass gil, pricing will eventually be back to where it once was.
                              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Ugh ffs you really are dense you know that?

You'd be right *only* if it was just NPC pricing, but it's also what items can be sold to NPCs for AND how much gil you receive in general from all sources - the effective generation of gil has been cut 90%. Is it sinking in now? WE LITERALLY CAN NOT GENERATE AS MUCH GIL AS BEFORE, WHICH MEANS GIL SINKS WILL BE THAT MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!

Jesus fucking Christ...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X