X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malacite
    replied
    Re: Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

No, because it was at freaking 5 a.m. my time and when he was asked about it in the last one he said the private houses would all be instanced.

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    What? The housing are all private instances just like our mog houses were so idk what you're complaining about.
    Did you even watch the Live? Yoshi-P essentially ran his Lalafell Gladiator through a section of the housing for what seemed like a good portion of the front end of that presentation. I'd say at least 15 minutes (there was a humorous point in which he jumped and fell through the roof and out to the side of one of the houses) That section of Limsa Lominsa was the player housing. LL proper was a different section altogether (and he had to use his developer hack to warp out)

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

What? The housing are all private instances just like our mog houses were so idk what you're complaining about.

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

I really hate the navigation, especially since I can't see the full questions (and figure out whether or not I should bother clicking on it).

I fell asleep halfway through the live broadcast but I swear to god Yoshi-P forgot to turn on some graphic elements. Limsa Lominsa looked like something out of a top end PC game circa 1999. However, what concerns me is that while player housing is a neat novelty, the arrangement in-game, while it makes for some impressive technical demonstration, looks rather blah and overwhelming. Blah in the sense that there doesn't seem to be very much variation in the housing (it's like one of those planned communities where every house looks the same aside from minor differences in lawn arrangements and painting schemes) and overwhelming in that if you luck out and got stuck with something 2,500 yalms in, you got a long-ass way to get to the housing. I think it would be just as interesting to have a facade of a community but a portal at front which will take you directly where you need to go. This doesn't need to be SAO since we're not planning on getting stuck in some virtual world with no hope of ever leaving it ...

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    started a topic Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VI Q&A Updates

Some really interesting ones in there, like a new bonus for those of us that got the collector's edition for 1.0!
Working...
X