• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeni
    replied
    Re: Letter from the Producer Live VI - Q&A Answers

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Yeah I'm a little worried should even half of the people who quit shortly after 1.0 launched, that racked up hundreds of millions of gil come back and derail the economy before it even has a chance.
    I wonder ... though ... if they weren't banned? There was a hack in the early days where items could be duplicated (And there was also an exploit) It wasn't just a duplication of an item per se, but a duplication of an entire inventory slot. In other words, you duplicated a stack of mythril ingots (not that anyone could've gotten those within the first week) rather than just one ingot.

I may have some screenshots of general chat where people boasted (or talked about other players) having 100 million or more gils within the first 3 months of release. Yes, it wasn't too difficult to make gil in the game, as I made my first million within 2 months. But to rack up 2, 3 or 5 hundred million? That's utter ridiculousness if it was straight up legit.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

So like, can we just strap.... "it" (because I refuse to acknowledge J9 as a human being) to a rocket already and fire it into the sun?

Leave a comment:

• jenova_9
    replied

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Yeah I'm a little worried should even half of the people who quit shortly after 1.0 launched, that racked up hundreds of millions of gil come back and derail the economy before it even has a chance.
    Oh ya be sure to message Yoshida about it and let the beta community be aware how that gil issue could affect things, unless there will be servers that are exclusive for fresh created characters only, they would really have to come up with some solution. Maybe they can label 1.0 Gil as "Lesser Gil" Like 5,000 Lesser Gil is worth 1 Gil when converted into present day Eorzea money/currency. That could be another great solution, mew.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jenova_9
    replied

Oh so it's like reserved housing in a zone shared by other players? That is very cool mew. Ya in FFXI zones, the players outdoor residential areas were not explorable, you just warp from the residential entrance directly into the mog house (like entering a hotel entrance and instantly appearing inside apartment), though this sounds more indepth, mew. Well ya, even Basty, Windy and Sandy had houses you could "enter", though you couldn't own those (liked some of those Sandy houses in the persistent zone. and the shops in Basty upstairs felt kinda like a house.) Though wonder if they have to generate new zones for every extra house made. That sounds like a lot of extra processing for a mostly cosmetic feature. I wonder if that might in fact hurt the general population in the primary city zones. Or on the flipside, help balance the amount of crowds in a single city area. but better a crowded feeling city than an empy feeling one, mew.

Leave a comment:

• DakAttack
    replied

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    This is confusing mew. So the neightborhoods are instanced, but the houses are not? So wait what if there is overcrowding of courses if more people build houses in that neightborhood? unless they get their own instanced neighborhood, but then having a persistent house in an instanced neighborhood doesn't sound that much different from a Mog House (which is a private zone) Unless people outside can visit....but wait outside is instanced, well between the town, neighborhood and house zones. town and house are persistent, but neighborhood is like a bridge.... or something
    The neighborhood is a zone like any other, but instead of there being only one huge neighborhood, there will be several to choose from. If they used priority player model loading from FFXI, you may often see your neighbors running around the town.

Leave a comment:

• jenova_9
    replied

This is confusing mew. So the neightborhoods are instanced, but the houses are not? So wait what if there is overcrowding of courses if more people build houses in that neightborhood? unless they get their own instanced neighborhood, but then having a persistent house in an instanced neighborhood doesn't sound that much different from a Mog House (which is a private zone) Unless people outside can visit....but wait outside is instanced, well between the town, neighborhood and house zones. town and house are persistent, but neighborhood is like a bridge.... or something

Leave a comment:

• Etra
    replied

I honestly don't see what the issue is with having the gil. All I see is, "It's not fair because they can buy things I can't."

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

Originally posted by Etra View Post
    So roll on one of the fresh servers.
    Problem solved.
    I mean not allowing ANYONE to have gil transferred. You need to understand from the developer's perspective and the community at large. It's an all or nothing proposition. What fool would want to re-roll and not have access to their previous items/gils? I know of no one (outside of those overzealous idiots who got banned after breaking NDA) Yoshi-P painted himself into a corner when he promised that these things will not be touched. I'm sure, almost certain, that he has misgivings over it.

Special achievements, bonus items, even some enhancements to the character (e.g., permanent experience boost, say, 5%) that are not game-breaking, but obviously well-deserved would've been the best way to go. Right now, the community does have a legitimate point and concern (and even many game journalists have already started this discussion amongst themselves and in interviews with SE) Again, it remains to be seen, as Phase 3 will provide the best test-bed so that SE can examine closely the detriment (or non-factor) of this 'promise'.

Leave a comment:

• Etra
    replied

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
    That makes sense. Although pretty much most zones in the game are "instanced" (they are not seamless like in WoW or other MMOs) in the sense that you zone in. The housing area was huge, probably a lot larger in total area than Limsa Lominsa upper level in 1.0 and I must imagine it has to be as the game progresses and more and more players can afford to purchase one. I'm sure there's a few players from 1.0 that could afford one right off the bat and a lot of us Legacy players (who didn't blow all our gils trying to "max" out professions towards the end of 1.0) will have a distinct advantage over new players. Quite possibly one of the rare instances where I would agree with the concerns of the player base at large (regarding the allowance of gil transfer even at a reduced rate)
    So roll on one of the fresh servers.
    Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    the neighborhoods are instanced, the houses them selves are not.
    That makes sense. Although pretty much most zones in the game are "instanced" (they are not seamless like in WoW or other MMOs) in the sense that you zone in. The housing area was huge, probably a lot larger in total area than Limsa Lominsa upper level in 1.0 and I must imagine it has to be as the game progresses and more and more players can afford to purchase one. I'm sure there's a few players from 1.0 that could afford one right off the bat and a lot of us Legacy players (who didn't blow all our gils trying to "max" out professions towards the end of 1.0) will have a distinct advantage over new players. Quite possibly one of the rare instances where I would agree with the concerns of the player base at large (regarding the allowance of gil transfer even at a reduced rate)

Leave a comment:

• Kailea
    replied

the neighborhoods are instanced, the houses them selves are not.

Leave a comment:

• Etra
    replied

They aren't instanced.

He said before "prime real estate" would cost more than the houses that are farther in the zone.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

Well, it's also available to your FC, so he could have just opened it up to them. Again, these aren't "tiny" spaces like our mog houses. Also, the scale of them vary dramatically - there's small, medium and large estates you can buy (each exceedingly more expensive than the last).

It went by quick 'cause it started Thursday instead of Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

It definitely was not instanced It looked like at least 60+ player houses in the area where he was shimmying around.

And wow, the beta test seems to go by fast this weekend. Still pissed cause we got booted out at the final boss in one of the dungeons (the level 25 one)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X