Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    I was level 3, and after looking it up that fish was level 8. This might seem strange, but I felt like a total badass. fishing is awesome
    That's pretty sweet

    The strat I use for fishing is as follows (Works about 90% of the time) ... make sure you're at the right pool (i.e., R1-9 = Grade 1 waters; R10-19 = Grade 2 waters; etc.)

    -Fish nibble (WAIT)
    -Fish bite (JIG)

    Imagine your HUD divided into 5 equal parts, with 1 part being the center and 2 parts on either side of it. I set my marker at around the 2nd from the left. It will usually goes as follows:

    -You've hooked something, but cannot reel it in.
    -The fish has tired, but you still cannot reel it in.

    If it's the second, land your second marker on the first. If it 's the first, I land my next marker to the part on the right side. Most of the time I get the message:

    -You take in some line.

    If that's the case, land the next marker one more part to the right. You should be able to reel in at this point. If it's:

    -The fish is taking line.

    Place the marker to the left of your very first marker because the fish is pulling away from you and you need to have it come to you. If you get messages about "taking a great deal of line" you've deviated too far from where you should be on the HUD. Try not to deviate so much from your first marker with each successive marking.

    Doing this will result in a catch, fish getting away or you're not able to hook it but you kind of know what you just lost. These results will be mostly dependant on rank (you versus the fish) and as well as the gear you are wearing. This is the ideal place to be at as long as you have taken care of the above "skills" necessary to get to this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Aeni View Post
    I've gotten 900s before ... it's not often but that doesn't align with what Luna Flower is seeing. Marks not declining ... it's just personal bad luck. Or doing easy leves (i.e., R16 Tanner doing an R15 leve instead of an R20 leve)
    I've got over 1000 a few times my max was 1400ish or 1200ish I'm not sure but I'm sure I got 1200.

    Leave a comment:


  • awesomeOmnislashing
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Here is my most epic moment in this game so far:

    I had just picked up fishing, aspiring to get out there and fund my recently found need for crayfish. On my first leve quest out in ul'dah I saw a reward for a straw hat. It seemed pretty run of the mill, but I also thought it looked like a good way to start saving up gear for a new job. I took the leve quest and headed out to black brush eager to get my fish on. After arranging some of my gear macros and taking off the festive items I had just got (kabuto! yay) I popped on the quest and headed to the location.

    Arrived out to the NW of camp, inside a cave with a small area of water in the corner. I was instantly pleased, thinking to myself that "this is where a game designer would put crayfish". However moments later, I found myself really aggravated with how difficult level 1 fishing was for me.. regardless, I struggled my way to level three and learned "dowse". Sweet. I started to come up with small strategies, based on what I thought was happening most often. Still can't tell if they were accurate or not o.0

    Then all of a sudden something broke the string of "normal" reactions that I noticed while fishing at my grade 1 cave puddle. I was panicked a bit, because time on the leve quest was getting really low and I still had not gotten a hang of what I was doing. With more of a guess than anything else, I managed to hit the right gig angle and my character starts to get super intense and reel his line in quickly. He whips his line up and I see the lens flare come off of his pole and hand:

    "you obtain 2 brass loach+1"

    I was level 3, and after looking it up that fish was level 8. This might seem strange, but I felt like a total badass. fishing is awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luna Flower
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
    My friend went 10-20~ just off breaking crystals and selling the shards off. apparently its an awesome route
    Oh wow yeah I should really try that. I have like 107 fire crystals I wont be using lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Luna Flower View Post
    Got r13 Alchemy I am having such a hard time getting my hands on bee baskets and Tarantulas ><
    My friend went 10-20~ just off breaking crystals and selling the shards off. apparently its an awesome route.

    ---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

    Physical 50 DING.
    STR 101
    VIT 145
    DEX 100
    INT 20
    MND 40
    PIE 20



    ARM38 (useless rank, no new tier of synths) I wonder if there's a rank40 quest... and now I have 4700ish marks on leatherworker23 then I'll just go get my hands on a training book to start doing buffalo synths. (g'bye dodo).

    Gotta get leather high enough to fix my R42 hammer, then BSM up to fix my R47 hammer.

    And that's that.

    So this month's plan is ARM45/BSM28/LWR25/GLD20

    BSM28 to fix my iron flachon sword thing for my GLA (32 atm, made my R37 haub and bronze plate set though I only +1ed the belt... I suck for crafting on full moon)

    Leave a comment:


  • Luna Flower
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Got r13 Alchemy I am having such a hard time getting my hands on bee baskets and Tarantulas ><

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
    They're not as frequent, but I still get 600+ every time.
    I've gotten 900s before ... it's not often but that doesn't align with what Luna Flower is seeing. Marks not declining ... it's just personal bad luck. Or doing easy leves (i.e., R16 Tanner doing an R15 leve instead of an R20 leve)

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Luna Flower View Post
    Nice on getting the ARM book. Have you noticed a decline in the amount of guild marks you get for your individual crafts pre-20?
    They're not as frequent, but I still get 600+ every time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Got GLA to 26 tonight and enjoyed the next installment with my companion. God she's a loose woman. Sleeps with anything that moves.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luna Flower
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
    *sniffle* really? :<

    And starting today I'm making another crafting plan, can't afford to fuck around anymore, need to get this crap over with so I can get my GLA up to figure out howto properly tank in this game!
    Nice on getting the ARM book. Have you noticed a decline in the amount of guild marks you get for your individual crafts pre-20?

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Pfft! You did awesome so far! Congrats!
    *sniffle* really? :<

    And starting today I'm making another crafting plan, can't afford to fuck around anymore, need to get this crap over with so I can get my GLA up to figure out howto properly tank in this game!

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Pfft! You did awesome so far! Congrats!

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    The plan.

    ARM40/LWR25/WVR20/GLD20/CRP17

    End results.

    ARM37/LWR23/WVR20/GLD14/CRP15

    I failed.

    Oh well... I got yet another book for ARM (hatting training) and so now I have 5 books.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Luna Flower View Post
    I think it has to do with how many posts you make within a certain time frame.
    That's the very definition of spam. I don't mean that in a bad way. It just means you make a lot of posts at one time. Yyg has two medals. I wonder what's the limit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luna Flower
    replied
    Re: Post your Best/Latest FFXIV Accomplishment

    Originally posted by Aeni View Post
    I don't get any even when I'm religiously here everyday. Or does it mean "spam"?
    Ummm all my posts are legit. I think it has to do with how many posts you make within a certain time frame.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X