Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo Grind

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    I do have a serious question though... I'm R24 CONJ and approaching (or have reached) R20 in all 3 of my crafts but have had very few opertunities to earn marks in any of them. I've got almost 7k Conj Marks and 3k Leatherworker marks... and thats it. Am I missing something? Is there a way to earn them that I dont know about... like in FFXI? Do I need to sell crap to the guild to earn them?
    You need to check each and every leve to see which ones will award marks for that day (battlecraft and faction). The marks for crafting is random ... but I've only gotten them (so far) from difficult leves. In other words, the more difficult the leve in relation to your current rank in the craft, the more chances you get at earning marks. I received almost 800 weaving marks just yesterday for a level on a recipe 4 ranks higher than my current (21 vs 17) and completed it 4/4. I've received marks for Alchemy, Blacksmithing, etc in the same manner.

Pro-tip: If you're in Limsa, look for the "Training and _____" or any other leves from the same NPC at Beard Camp because that's the one NPC that consistently has given me marks for the turn-ins (not saying that other NPCs don't, but the leves for that NPC tend to also be the most challenging, roughly 4-8 ranks above your current, although I don't advocate trying for the 8 ranks above unless you have a ton of physical levels, stacked all attributes and wear class favorable gear)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
      You need to check each and every leve to see which ones will award marks for that day (battlecraft and faction). The marks for crafting is random ... but I've only gotten them (so far) from difficult leves. In other words, the more difficult the leve in relation to your current rank in the craft, the more chances you get at earning marks. I received almost 800 weaving marks just yesterday for a level on a recipe 4 ranks higher than my current (21 vs 17) and completed it 4/4. I've received marks for Alchemy, Blacksmithing, etc in the same manner.

Pro-tip: If you're in Limsa, look for the "Training and _____" or any other leves from the same NPC at Beard Camp because that's the one NPC that consistently has given me marks for the turn-ins (not saying that other NPCs don't, but the leves for that NPC tend to also be the most challenging, roughly 4-8 ranks above your current, although I don't advocate trying for the 8 ranks above unless you have a ton of physical levels, stacked all attributes and wear class favorable gear)
      Yes: Training and _____ I have noticed... now that you mention it.

Also... it seems that you only ever get the option of guild marks if you have actually started that craft and dont at least 1 synth. I have not yet been prompted for any woodworking/goldsmithing/cooki9ng marks yet... the only options i've seen are Thaum/Conj/Weaver/Leather and Alchemy. I did see one leve for BSM that offered it to me... but I'm lvl 2 BSM... silly me for needing that steel needle.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
        Also... it seems that you only ever get the option of guild marks if you have actually started that craft and dont at least 1 synth. I have not yet been prompted for any woodworking/goldsmithing/cooki9ng marks yet... the only options i've seen are Thaum/Conj/Weaver/Leather and Alchemy. I did see one leve for BSM that offered it to me... but I'm lvl 2 BSM... silly me for needing that steel needle.
        Not all of that type of leve gives out marks but I think you can get a feel for which ones do and which ones don't. It's essentially ones that usually awards 300+ SP per synth and are not limited to just one camp. It's random and so I don't want anyone else here to see this and go thinking that the leves reward it everytime. If they did people would have every ability by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
          Not all of that type of leve gives out marks but I think you can get a feel for which ones do and which ones don't. It's essentially ones that usually awards 300+ SP per synth and are not limited to just one camp. It's random and so I don't want anyone else here to see this and go thinking that the leves reward it everytime. If they did people would have every ability by now.
          fair enough.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Getting back to the topic ... I've given up on GLA. I'm trying to make sure I'm there when Behest starts but my limited time doesn't allow me to participate in Behest all the time and on time. Sometimes I'm there when it happens but most of the time I pass by a camp and it already started and/or it won't happen for many more minutes.

THE BIGGEST SHIT THING I'VE experienced was in a Behest on Sunday and we were all not pleased. It was a mix group of JP and EU players and was one of the bigger Behests in recent memories in Cedarwood. I was PGL at the time and it was a good group, methodically taking down not just the Battlewarden targets but the random mobs in the area to maximize our SP gains. And 1/3 of the way through the server decided to kick ALL OF US off and it was definitely not more than 10s of a d/c and we all were booted off party and no longer involved with Behest. This needs to be corrected or fixed because there's the same issues with general leves. God that pissed me off since I rarely get to participate in Behest let alone involved with a good group of players.

Comment

Working...
            X