No announcement yet.

Crafting Gear Guide (Work in Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting Gear Guide (Work in Progress)

The gear listed here starts around level 12-14 (when crafting gear starts to matter more). The prior gear is of little consequence IMHO.

MC = Magic Crafting
    C = Crafting
    OP = Output
    CT = Control

Head:
    R13 - Cotton Scarf - MC+4
    R16 - Bronze Magnifiers - MC+7
    R21 - Brass Specticals - MC+8
    R24 - Canvas Beret - MC+8
    R26 - Iron Magnifiers - MC+10
    R26 - Canvas Hat - MC+9
    R31 - Silver Specticals - MC+12
    R33 - Veleteen Scarf - MC+12
    R34 - Velveteen Beret - MC+10
    R36 - Velveteen Hat - MC+13

Body:
    R14 - Cotton Gown - MC+3 / C+8
    R16 - Cotton Doublet - MC+3 / C+10
    R24 - Canvas Gown - MC+5 / C+12
    R26 - Canvas Doublet - MC+5 /C+15

Legs:
    R14 - Cotton Chausses - C+4
    R16 - Cotton Tights - C+4
    R16 - Cotton Slops - C+5
    R24 - Canvas Chausses - C+6
    R26 - Canvas Slops - C+8
    R34 - Velveteen Chausses - C+9

Feet:
    R16 - Dodoskin Thighboots - MC+3
    R24 - Elm Pattens - MC+6
    R34 - Ash Pattens - MC+8

Hands:
    R7 - Hempen Work Gloves - OP+4
    R14 - Cotton Halfgloves - CT+5
    R17 - Cotton Work Gloves - OP+7
    R18 - Fingerless Dodoskin Gloves - OP+5 / CT+5
    R24 - Canvas Halfgloves - CT+8
    R27 - Canvas Work Gloves - OP+10
    R34 - Velveteen Halfgloves - CT+11

Belt:
    R16 - Leather Tool Belt - CT+4

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Crafting Gear Guide (Work in Progress)

You know what might also be helpful is what classes (or all classes) a particular gear has favor to. I notice this has a somewhat peculiar effect on crafting that I have not noticed before until recently when I updated most of my crafting gear for BSM. The transition from low rank "All Classes" gear into a hodge podge of "better" with a couple of pieces that did not favor BSM at all has lead to a somewhat perplexing increase in failed syntheses. This may just be random or not and I'm going to test this if I can find the corresponding "All Classes" type of gear to test with (or at least replace those two with BSM favored stuff)

Comment

Well I try to stick to gear that fit all/most DoH classes.

Head: Coif (Fits all classes +control) for weaver, The wizard hat thing is amazing with both control and M craftsmanship, (Eye wear has Mcraftsmanship)
      Body: This is a hard one, for Most classes A doublet(M.craft/Craft)/doublet vest(just craft, no Mcraft), with exceptions like tanner and weaver.(Gowns for weaver(+mcraft,+craft) no ideas what to use for tanner)
      Hands: Half gloves for all. yay (+control)
      Waist: Tool belts, sashes or ropes +control (I prefer the belt for no particular reason, but sashes are now easy to get)
      Legs: Slops/Tights (same stats, but one shows off your ass, the other doesn't)
      Feet: Thighboots are ftw for everything really.
      Jewelry: use whatever stat rings that has what your mainhand needs like ARM with VIT rings and so on.

---------------------------

My ARM31 getup

Canvas Coif (Brown)/Silver Magnifying glasses (Green)
      Canvas doublet (Blue)
      Canvas halfgloves
      Leather tool belt (Green)
      Canvas slops (Brown)
      Leather thighboots (Green)

The doublet so far has no real rival, until maybe SE releases Velveteen Doublet, same with the slops, I'm forced to wear Velv tights and those are a disaster on a male character and you all know it.

Comment

So I'm noticing a lot more failures on my BSM recently and especially after the patch and was wondering ... hey ... what's up with that. Still using that R12 birdsbeak on my R19 BSM. Next upgrade is the R22 hammer. So ...

I discovered that there's a whole set of R17 tools that SE snuck into the patch. The mats are still slowly being accumulated by YG but it's there for all to see. These make use of the previously worthless Tin ingot, which presumably would make squares and plates had SE saw fit to make proper use of them at release. These use Undyed Cotton Cloths much like the now modified R7 and R12 recipes that first used the undyed canvas cloths.

IF this means that failure rate is subject to the availability of upgrades rather than using that previous static formula of 10 ranks ahead this may mean that the rule may no longer apply to barring higher ranked crafters from preying on the lower ranked item market. This may require more testing.

In the meantime I need to get my carpentry up even higher to try to get the necessary grips for the R17 tools. Bleh ... just what I need ... being forced again to do something I rather not do until later.

Comment

This hasn't been updated in years and I don't have the stamina nor time to help out but just wanted to post a tidbit on the new changes in 1.19

From what I've seen, and experienced, about 100% of the time you won't get any kind of positive gain from equipping gear that is higher rank than your current class rank. You lose stats in a lot of cases. I guess they finally put an end to THAT ambiguity. Also, old gear are less optimal, but haven't seen an instance where it has a less than desirable effect (i.e., you still get awarded the same bonuses that the gear is conveying)

Comment

Working...
          X