lolmeleewhm weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lolmeleewhm weapon?

Aoe goes past shadows, and were gonna be taking on monsters that could f us all up fast... thats why its tp burn.... so im thinking 1h
    /WAR survivability is shit. Only magic AoEs generally go through shadows, and /WAR won't help against those either. Also, TP burns don't do mobs that can fuck you up fast. That's kind of the point. Fight mobs so weak that you can kill THEM fast.

Also, I forgot about Morgenstern since its default DPS is horrible and it didn't show up on my FFXIAH search. I would say Morgenstern is actually the best single wield club besides Perdu for pure damage but I'm not sure it would outperform Darksteel +1 dual wielded.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
      2.5 million for a RDM weapon?
      Straying off topic but it's not that much more then a Blau Dolch or an Enhancing Sword, depending on server prices of course.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
        Yeah i was thinking /war for more survivability, the mail and a nice sheild. But ninja shadows.... hmm.....

Aoe goes past shadows, and were gonna be taking on monsters that could f us all up fast... thats why its tp burn.... so im thinking 1h
        AoE doesn't go through stoneskin and if you don't have that up if you're anywhere near AoE range on a mage job you should put the job down and play something else. It's not as if it's hard to keep shadows up on WHM/NIN since you have Utsusemi Ichi, Utsusemi Ni and Blink.

WAR is terrible because it gives nothing useful to a WHM for survivability. Defender only really works if you're taking damage and WHMs will always have Stoneskin and shadows up anyway so they won't be taking any damage that needs mitigating.

WHMs get an absurd number of buffs so they don't need much else for survivability. Subbing RDM would give you access to Phalanx and some en-spells and subbing BLU will give you Cocoon and an extra Stoneskin spell. WHM/NIN is probably more survivable than NIN/anything so unless you pull excessive hate or get lazy keeping stoneskin and shadows up you won't need anything else.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Better damage tho.... /war.... is what i was thinking....

And things that can f you up might go down really quickly. Case in point, seeing tp burn hexa strike whm's taking down bahamut like the tp burn drks do.

Again on morg, isn't it a relic? I dont have acccess to wiki or i would corss refence each wep posted so far, but Im not interested in losing two years of my life to get a relic i use once in awhile for a fun dd whm expereince.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            Straying off topic but it's not that much more then a Blau Dolch or an Enhancing Sword, depending on server prices of course.
            Didn't buy that one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
              Again on morg, isn't it a relic? I dont have acccess to wiki or i would corss refence each wep posted so far, but Im not interested in losing two years of my life to get a relic i use once in awhile for a fun dd whm expereince.
              No, Morgenstern's not a relic. Mjollnir's the club relic.

Morgenstern's the Rare/Ex club which you get from a KSNM. It starts off with DMG27 Delay 310, but if you get 500 weaponskill points on it, it becomes unlocked and you get DMG40 Delay 310 with Critical Hit Rate +6%.

It's a really nice weapon. I personally have one unlocked and it's what I main hand almost all the time when I want to melee with WHM. If you have Crit merits the Critical Hit boost really comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                Zareehkl Jambiya - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                Buh? Since when could RDMs wield Jambiya-type daggers?
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  /WAR survivability is shit.

This. Good lord 1000 times this.

WHM/DNC + K Club = GTFO
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Off topic:

It's like melee RDM - you either get a Blau Dolch or daggers suck, and you either get a Joyeuse or your swords suck. It's not just that everything else sucks by comparison - it's that everything else sucks, period.
                    Guespiere is actually a respectable sword in it's own right, I always recommend that for RDMs who don't currently have a multi-hit option such as Joy/Justice available to them yet. Only real downside is that the Defense Down addt'l effect won't proc with Enspells up.

And yeah, Z.Jambiya is nice for if you have a multi-hit offhand, solid base damage for WS. Not quite a Blau but it's not terrible.

On topic:
                    If I had to rate them:

Single wield:
                    1) Perdu Wand
                    2) Seawolf Cudgel IF Hit Rate isn't capped; Kerykeion or Brass Jadagna if Hit Rate is capped
                    3) Deae Gratia or Darksteel Maul +1

Dual Wield:
                    1) Perdu + Seawolf IF Hit Rate isn't capped
                    2) Perdu + Deae Gratia or Perdu + Darksteel Maul +1 if Hit Rate is capped
                    3) Perdu + Brass Jadgna/Kerykeion
                    4) Darksteel +1/Deae Gratia + Seawolf if Hit Rate isn't capped
                    5) Darksteel +1 x2 or Deae Gratia + Darksteel if Hit Rate is capped.
                    I think offhanded Prudence Rod deserves mention here, I wouldn't rate it as any more of a pain to get than those damned pirate cudgels.
                    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I've had Prudence for almost a year, and while collecting virtue stones can be a bit of a pain in the ass (they go away so quick) it does decent damage and it's fun to double attack so often. Prudence Rod is 99% of the reason I haven't gotten another club for WHM just yet. Because I'm fucking lazy, I'm fucking poor, and Prudence performs quite nicely.

Hell, they go freelot in 99% of Sea linkshells, so if you have sea but don't actually kill Jailers, get with a LS that does and ask them if you can swipe a rod.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

For TP burn I would suggest trying the seawolf cudgel.

If accuracy is not an issue maybe Morgenstern. (the critical hit rate on this weapon is worth enough to have it specially when doing hexastrikes)

If dual wielding, prudence rod with virtue stone

on a side note, whm dd on TP burn is not the most efficient setup unless you have all the best WHM gears. Although it is possible to have a dd whm gears that can compete with the natural DD's out there, it is beyond reach for most players. But it is a sight to see when a WHM do manage to obtain the best pieces of gears in the game and use it in action.

search youtube "jarriane whm"

or watch the two videos below:

watch?v=qlSZRr4_FwI

watch?v=eG31udoKWDs

Comment

Just thought I'd point out that WHM/NIN is very much a legit (and broken with the right gear) merit pt combo as Mystic Boon can allow for potentially infinite MP. A WHM does not melee for DD in a merit pt, they are purely going for TP for Mystic Boon spam to keep MP up while contributing to the kills.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            Mystic Boon can allow for potentially infinite MP.
                            ...which is great if you like Nyzul and run it every day. I never got into it, and am not in a LS that does either Nyzul or Assault.

But I know what you're talking about, because Spirit Taker still does a pretty good job of keeping MP up.
                            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Nyzul is not hard. The only real problems that ever occur are;

1 - Stupid people who have no clue what they're doing/ are not properly prepared.

2 - Just plain bad luck with the floor conditions (Dahaks...)
                              sigpic

Comment

I never said anything about hard. You just have to actually do it, and quite a bit. You're not going to get Mystic Boon without doing a lot of Nyzul, period. And you're not going to solo it either.

I don't want to do pick-up Nyzul, and nobody else I know wants to do Nyzul. So this isn't an option for me.

EDIT: and you have to get a Werebuster to drop to even start. If you have floor 100, great, you're in. But how long did it take you to get to 100?
                                Last edited by Elwynn; 08-05-2009, 10:47 PM.
                                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X