X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lolmeleewhm weapon?

Lolmeleewhm tp burn pt. [Hexa Strike]

Best weapon?
    Each has it own pros, our ls got into a discussion about this as we have a lolmeleewhm, and some of our linkshell members, including myself, decided to do a pt as it would be fun.

Whats better?

Darksteel Maul +1
    Purgatory Mace
    K-club

Each have pros and cons. Not sure which is better tho. I'm kinda liking the Darksteel Maul +1 over everything.

Re: lolmeleewhm weapon?

Personally I prefer an unlocked Morgenstern or a Perdu Wand. Are you subbing NIN? If so then Perdu Wand should definitely be your offhand weapon since it's one of the best DoT weapons available for WHM and it even has a hidden effect of Attack+13 Accuracy+5 below 100%TP. For your main hand either Brass Jadagna, unlocked Morgenstern or a Purgatory Mace.

If you find yourself in the bizarre position of actually having a Kraken Club, then that goes in your off-hand, without question.

Comment

You might also want to look into a Deae Gratia (spelling is almost 100% wrong), but it's a beast of a club.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Barring Mythics and Relics, Perdu Wand is the best bar none. The rest is situational. Darksteel Maul +1 is best dual wielded or against very high Defense mobs. Brass Jadagna is a solid single-wield weapon. Kraken Club would be best used either with Mystic Boon or dual wielded.

Edit: Just looked up Deae Gratia, since it wasn't on FFXIAH yet. That one's basically a Darksteel Maul +1 +1. A good choice if you could get your hands on it.
        Last edited by Armando; 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Ghost pirate clubs are fun.

Sea Robber Cudgel - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Seawolf Cudgel - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Comment

Lilith's Wand is also quite nice for campaign battles.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Both the Martial Wand and Lilith Wand are nice but only when dual wielded.

Perdu Wand is nice but if a pain to obtain since you need to be a Chief Sargent and it will set you back 40k IS so you are practically required to have a merit job levelled.

Kerykeion and Deae Gratia look pretty nice to and if duel wielded with a Lilith Wand makes the /DNC subjob completely obsolete.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm not too keen on Sea Robber's Cudgel. Darksteel Maul +1 has better DPS without penalizing your Accuracy, and has almost the same Attack bonus. Seawolf Cudgel is good though, especially if dual wielded since both weapons will benefit from the Accuracy boost.

I don't see what's so great about Martial Wand. It's not going to do much for your Hexa Strike and it doesn't offer much else besides the TP bonus. Might as well just pick Brass Jadgna or Seawolf Cudgel or Darksteel Maul +1.

Kerykeion has even better DPS than Brass Jadgna, which is the one with the best DPS next to Perdu. Doesn't seem easy to get though.

Honestly though if you're serious about melee WHM then your only option is Perdu Wand. Nothing else comes close to its performance - with over 25% more DPS than the other weapons and high stat boosts. It's like melee RDM - you either get a Blau Dolch or daggers suck, and you either get a Joyeuse or your swords suck. It's not just that everything else sucks by comparison - it's that everything else sucks, period. Perdu Wand is the only weapon that has a DPS comparable to a real DD's weapon.

If I had to rate them:

Single wield:
                1) Perdu Wand
                2) Seawolf Cudgel IF Hit Rate isn't capped; Kerykeion or Brass Jadagna if Hit Rate is capped
                3) Deae Gratia or Darksteel Maul +1

Dual Wield:
                1) Perdu + Seawolf IF Hit Rate isn't capped
                2) Perdu + Deae Gratia or Perdu + Darksteel Maul +1 if Hit Rate is capped
                3) Perdu + Brass Jadgna/Kerykeion
                4) Darksteel +1/Deae Gratia + Seawolf if Hit Rate isn't capped
                5) Darksteel +1 x2 or Deae Gratia + Darksteel if Hit Rate is capped.
                Last edited by Armando; 02-06-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Martial Wand is pretty much only there for Mythic Boon
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    It's like melee RDM - you either get a Blau Dolch or daggers suck, and you either get a Joyeuse or your swords suck.
                    What about the new ZNM Dagger?

Zareehkl Jambiya - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

10.75 DPS with yellow HP with a damage code of 36 (higher than BD) and it doesn't cost 2 1/2 million gil. BD is 11.12 DPS without the Hidden Effects--still king, but seriously... 2.5 million for a RDM weapon?

Comment

10.75 DPS with yellow HP with a damage code of 36 (higher than BD) and it doesn't cost 2 1/2 million gil. BD is 11.12 DPS without the Hidden Effects--still king, but seriously... 2.5 million for a RDM weapon?
                      Hadn't seen that one yet. It's certainly a good substitute. The latent's kind of annoying but it could be used I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        Hadn't seen that one yet. It's certainly a good substitute. The latent's kind of annoying but it could be used I guess.
                        A little bit of Zenith can take care of that and most RDMs like Zenith anyway. The Jambiya is also f'ing sexy graphically, too.

Comment

K Club is still a nice option for WHM though IMO >.>

DW it with Perdu or Martial (Martial being for campaign and you wanna spam high lv mystic boons)
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I tried out K-club once on my whm, it was sooooo much fun. I was doing Hexa-strike every minute or so (I can't remember how fast it was since this was 4 years ago). You build up so much tp with K-club that it's ridiculous.

Of course you should have it on your off hand, but one handed is just as fun. With Genbu Shield of course.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Yeah i was thinking /war for more survivability, the mail and a nice sheild. But ninja shadows.... hmm.....

Aoe goes past shadows, and were gonna be taking on monsters that could f us all up fast... thats why its tp burn.... so im thinking 1h

Comment

Working...
                              X