No announcement yet.

Requirements for 5 Hit build…or less??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for 5 Hit build…or less??

I put this in the WAR section because it needs much more help than my Bst…but if possible I wouldn’t mind diving into both.
    Looking for someone fairly knowledgeable when it comes to TP sets. Although any advice would be helpful.

**Regarding WAR**
    I’m still new to WAR. But I’ve been gearing my TP set based on the following.
    -Make sure to have 25-26% haste
    -stock up on DA/TA where applicable
    -stock up on dex/acc where applicable
    -stock up on store TP where applicable

At first I was looking at just stocking up on Store TP where possible…but after doing some math (not sure if my math is correct), it seems like there are pockets where 1-10 or so Store TP wouldn’t make a difference. Thus probably a better idea to put something else in those spots.

I guess my first question is (and hopefully I’m asking this correctly)…how much Store TP does a Ukon War (482 delay) need to get a 5-hit build?
    After doing what I hope is the correct math, I was coming up with +53 Store TP needed.

Secondly…is 5-hit build what I should be shooting for? Is 4-hit more for the elite extreme players (the people that have the time/means to gain exceptional gear)?
    My math was coming up with 88 Store TP needed, which seemed much harder to find gear for.

I guess as far as WAR goes, we can start there. If possible, I’d like to dive into it more but only if my math is correct thus far.

**Regarding Bst**
    For gearing Bst, I followed the similar pattern as War, but I also included stocking up on DW. Which got a little trickier because from what I understand, DW affects TP gain (where has haste doesn’t?)

As a Bst/Dnc with my gear (which includes +20% DW (/dnc & suppa)), I was coming up with +8 Store TP to get a 8-hit/round. And +24 Store TP to bring that to 7-rounds
    (Guttler delay is 280, farsha delay is 276 if anyone feel like looking into it).

My question for Bst is, does that Store TP amount seem accurate?
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: Requirements for 5 Hit build…or less??

I use FFXI calculator. That 88 seems high, but /sam gets you some amount (no clue what that is).
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I use FFXI calculator
      Never used it, what does that tell you? I don’t have access to it at my work and I no longer download things on my computer at home unless absolutely necessary lol.

Anyway, 88 is what I came up with for a 4-hit build…again, that’s assuming I’m doing this correctly.
      Also...rechecked my math, seems 93 is the amount needed...88 would give you 24.4% tp and 93 would give a solid 25%

I was looking over my stuff and it’s actually 54 TP for 5 hit.
      Here’s my math.

Delay → TP calculation formula (got this off BG-Wiki)
      if delay is 480~530
      13.0+((Delay-480)×1.5)÷50

So for Ukon (482)
      13+(( 2 x 1.5)/50)
      13+.06 = 13.06
      TP per swing = 13.0% with no STP (drop anything in the hundreds iirc)

And just from a simple search on wiki, the Ukon page says 13% tp. So i think i'm good there.

Store TP formula I’m getting from Wiki is
      (Base TP/hit) * (1 + (Total Store TP / 100))

So 13 *(1 + (54 / 100)) = 20.0 tp per hit (actually 20.02 but again drop hundredths decimal)
      100tp / 20.0 per swing = 5
      If you did 53 Store TP you’d get 19.8 per swing, which would net you 99tp in 5 swings.

/sam would give you 15 STP, so other 39 would need to come from gear.
      Where’s Armathdo when you need him ; ;

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Aegis just started

Comment

it seems like there are pockets where 1-10 or so Store TP wouldn’t make a difference.
        Correct. The fewer hits you want, the larger the pockets get. To get 100 TP in 5 hits you need 20 TP/hit. To do it in 4 you'd need 25, to do it in 3 you'd need 33.4.[quote](not sure if my math is correct)
        Which got a little trickier because from what I understand, DW affects TP gain (where has haste doesn’t?)
        DW affects TP gain indirectly. DW lowers your Delay, and your TP is calculated using this lower Delay. In other words, it's the same as using a lower Delay weapon. Your TP rate won't drop, but it also won't increase (unless you're using daggers, because the TP formulas benefit low delay weapons.) When Dual Wielding, take the average of the Delays, reduce it by your DW% and use that in your TP calculation (drop any decimals.) In the case of Gluttler and Farsha, you'd get an average of (280+276)/2 = 278. Now reduce that by 20%: 278 * 0.8 = 222.4 -> 222 Delay.
        Math
        Looks correct to me. The important part is to drop all decimals after the tenths both when calculating your base TP and when applying Store TP. You did both, the numbers work out. I'm assuming you're using a 2+ hit WS to get that last TP point.

If you want to work out how much Store TP you need, it's easier to work backwards:
        1) Figure out how much TP you want to get. For 1-hit WS, you need 100. Every extra hit in the WS gives you 1 more TP, so you can subtract that from your goal. E.g. With a 3-hit WS you only need 98.*
        2) Take your TP goal and divide it by the number of hits. ROUND UP to the nearest tenth or you'll fall short. This is the TP/hit you need.
        3) Take that TP/hit and divide it by your base TP/hit. ROUND UP to the nearest integer (can't have fractions of a Store TP after all.) This is how much Store TP you need.

* Note that because of the 95% hit rate cap, the more hits your WS has the less likely you are to land ALL hits. For example, the odds of landing all 6 hits in a dual-wielded Rampage is 0.95^6 = 73.5%. If you base your TP build on the assumption that you'll land all 6 hits, you'll come up short 26.5% of the time. If that makes you uncomfortable, assume you'll miss once or twice and base your build on a 4 or 5 hit WS instead.

Comment

The only jobs I've heard of who ever geared for 4-hit builds were SAM and briefly COR(although that was before they nerfed the hell out of miser's roll). I wouldn't go for a 4-hit if I were you.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

@Squiggs
            Thanks bud, ended up DLing that calculator. Didn’t know that was around.
            Fooled around with it for half hour. Turns out that I was spot on (after my adjusted numbers in the previous post)

@Armando
            Thanks for lookin that over. Also, thanks for the tip on calculating TP for DW. I actually did all that except didn’t drop the .4 on the new delay. Although after recalculating it looks like the same results.

@Cid
            Thanks for YET AGAIN proposing a new challenge for me…./sigh

Ahh I’m joking. I figured a 4-hit build is only possible with top notch gear AND Cor Rolls (or maybe Atma). So wasn’t really shooting for that. I just saw it on an older topic where someone was talking about doing a magian GA with +STP making it possible.

I’m going to be messing around with some numbers/gear options. So you may see more questions from me pop up on this topic.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Aegis just started

Comment

so far...this is rough. not seeing many ways with out getting Ogier Gloves...and even with that it's pretty rough.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
              X