Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trial of the Magians Advice

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
    If you get a group together and need a WHM, let me know. I'm still at the bottom myself
    I'll definitely keep you in mind, dude. Our LS leader is WHM but if he wants to help it'd be nice to have him on a job he enjoys but never gets to play like his BLU.

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    BG
    Blue Gartr? I only go on there to look at the info... I've never tread anywhere near the forums.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

But all of the info is in the forums.

Comment

I'll definitely keep you in mind, dude. Our LS leader is WHM but if he wants to help it'd be nice to have him on a job he enjoys but never gets to play like his BLU.
        If the stars ever align and we’re on (and free) at one time, my buddy and I will join yous as well.

I think he’s around 20 but very much so wants Primal Rend/Stringing Pummel.

I’m Bst/Pup/Nin/Smn/Blm/Whm
        He’s Mnk/War/Dnc/Bst/Pup

Pretty sure us 4 or 5 could tear shit up.
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I've only ever used BG for info on recent Dyna changes (maps and proc info) and that was after a couple fruitless solo'n attempts just jumping in. But mainly I used FFxiWiki (not very updated anymore) and Ah.com if there's something I can't figure out on my own or want opinions. Should I get stuck I'll ask advice from my LS, then here. I don't want my adventuring to turn into a paint by numbers recipe. And I got fed up with needless nerd hubris/rage on N4G.com long ago.

Pretty sure us 4 or 5 could tear shit up.
          Hells yeah... we could chew that place up easily.
          Last edited by Neverslip; 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM.

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

It's just a tool. No one's saying you have to use it.

Comment

Here's my thoughts on BG

BG forums are a great source for in-depth info. Those guys do some serious testing and often enough show the data to back it up. Parsers, screen shots...etc. If you wanna know the best combinations to maximize performance (and why)...Go there.

It's all about efficiency. They don’t care about what mythic you want or what relic you got. There's no 'goals' topic there. They care about what is the least amount of jobs/people needed to complete the objective in the least amount of time.

There are like, 2 topics only for new people. A 'Random question' topic and a 'whats better' topic (self-explanatory). The rest for the most part is in-depth discussion about xyz events and you better know your shit if you want to contribute.

Things get rough there when other people chime in with their own theories/thoughts/concerns/feeling with nothing much to base it off. And to be honest, I don’t blame them for some of the stuff they say to people.

They get so fed up at people like Mal, because people like Mal try to talk the talk but cant walk the walk. Low-manned groups there can get a 90 Masamune (or whatever its called) in 1-2 weeks, from scratch. Then people like Mal chime in about how they love Sam so much but having trouble with Carabosse...the first NM of the Abyssea trials.

If you wanted to be treated with any type of respect there, you need to think all business. Get to the point, get to it fast and get out.
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

a 90 Masamune (or whatever its called)
                This made me chuckle.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

BG forums are a great source for in-depth info. Those guys do some serious testing and often enough show the data to back it up. Parsers, screen shots...etc. If you wanna know the best combinations to maximize performance (and why)...Go there.
                  I very much agree... I just hope I never have the need/want to get into the "why's" and the number crunching. I play games to have fun and 'adventure' w/ a good crowd of people. I don't want to review someone else's "homework" or stress over aspiring to someone else's idea of perfection. I'm glad the graphing calculator is there... I just hope I never get interested in programming functions into it sorta thing.

Glad they are there... I'm not gonna join their playground or hold their opinions of me in very high regard.

/em doffs his Goblin Coif.

Comment

Isn't making fun of them or being snide about the way they want to do things the very thing you're asking them not to do about you? Or saying that you don't care about?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                      Isn't making fun of them or being snide about the way they want to do things the very thing you're asking them not to do about you? Or saying that you don't care about?
                      Wait, what?

If that was directed at me (and I'm not sure) and my posts were coming across as snide, I didn't mean to ... and I wasn't making fun of them. They are number-crunchers (fact) who (from what many have posted thus far) are fairly judgemental of others and verbose about putting someone in their place. I'm simply stating the fact that I hope that I never get into that; because, personally, I know I don't enjoy that. That's a fact. That's not a judgement and there is a distinct difference. I don't care what they would say of how I play my jobs. That's also a fact. I said I haven't visited BG for anything other than maps for Dyna and proc'n info. I never made a judgmental statement about them... cuz what's to judge? They are what they are and I am how I feel.

In other words... I'm glad that tool is there. I only use that tool if my other tools fail me. I don't care how that tool thinks of me but I also never said the tool can't feel that way about me. I just won't care. That's all I said. And if tool has a bad connotation for you ... substitute that word for pony. It'll still mean the same thing.

Comment

The post I was responding to used a lot of air quotes. Or just useless quotes. Pretty easy to misunderstand.

Comment

Ah sorry... I misundestood... I only saw your text right after my post and didn't know how I'd offended you. Have a good weekend all.

...and, Squiggs... Unless TP bonus only accts for the first hit of a multi-hit WS (which I'm not sure about myself) go for the TP bonus.

Comment

TP Modifier - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Additional hits on the WS (be it from double attack, triple attack, dual wield, or subsequent hits from a multi-hit WS) will always have a fTP of 1.0.
                            Only the 1st hit.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Since more TP affects the crit% of Raging Rush, I'll be going with the TP Bonus axe.
                              99 DNC
                              99 WHM
                              99 WAR
                              * 99 THF
                              99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                              99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

^ only on the first hit. Martial Bhuj was only ever for Steel Cyclone, which is crap now next to RR, KJ & FC.
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X