jobtrait fencer and 2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jobtrait fencer and 2h

atm i use a martial buhj for steelcyclone.

could it be that fencer also works for 2h weapons and not just wielding a single 1h weapon?
    i wsed with 200% tp and 160%(+40% from fencer) and the damage outcome is almost the same.
    War 70, Mnk 30, Drk 75, Thf 37, Bst 8, Nin 37, Blm 37, Dnc 37, Rdm 75

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=288293

Re: jobtrait fencer and 2h

Try with a magic WS like Frostbite or Raiden Thrust against Level 0 mobs. That'll give consistent results. Report the damage from doing the WS at 275 and 300 TP. For the sake of completeness, test with and without a strap.
    Last edited by Armando; 06-27-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Lmnop tested for me. Didn't get any TP bonus on Raiden Thrust, and that was without a strap.

Comment

By my understanding Fencer only affected single-handed weapons.

Comment

Yes, but a few people were going by placebo effects and the rationale that two-handed weapons only take up the main slot (the description reads main hand only as opposed to one hand only.) It's a pretty straightforward test so might as well put the rumors to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            Yes, but a few people were going by placebo effects and the rationale that two-handed weapons only take up the main slot (the description reads main hand only as opposed to one hand only.) It's a pretty straightforward test so might as well put the rumors to rest.
            Ah, I see, so MNKs are starting to take up other jobs.

Scary. Seems the definition of a "two-handed weapon" can be bent any way they want.

Comment

after further testing i can say that it doesnt work for 2h. i just wanted to know if someone else felt the same or if i was wrong.
              War 70, Mnk 30, Drk 75, Thf 37, Bst 8, Nin 37, Blm 37, Dnc 37, Rdm 75

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=288293

Comment

Just in case any of you are curious, BG has a thread detailing all the old job traits that have been updated as well as new ones that were ninja edited in. WAR for example gets shield mastery at 80 now.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Have they done any testing with the Main Hand Crit trait (Fencer) and Duel Wield? I are very curious about this.
                  Last edited by Solymir; 06-29-2010, 11:11 AM.
                  "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

I tested that yesterday as well. See my info (Rep-o) on the discussion page of wiki.

Talk:Fencer - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

EDIT: to clarify, I didn't test crit rate, but I did test dual wield. I was considering that both, TP bonus weapons (Martial anelace) and crit bonus weapons only apply to the weapon where the bonus is found. i.e. a sword with +6% crit rate can be dual wielded, but only that weapon will get the crit rate -- the offhand will have normal crit rate unless it has its own bonus. So it seemed rational that maybe Fencer would affect the main hand (the WS hand) and not the offhand. But disproving the TP bonus pretty much disproves the crit rate bonus as well by virtue of it being one trait.
                    Last edited by Lmnop; 06-29-2010, 04:18 PM.
                    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
                    X