Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: steel cyclone vs raging rush

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    This actually applies to in any case where the enemy might normally resist (or in the case of Puks absorb) an SC; even if they are strong to 1 of the elements, if there's 2 or more elements to the chain that resistance is totally ignored.
    There are some cases where this is not true. Prime avatars are the only example that springs to mind. A Light skillchain will heal Garuda for the full damage of the closing WS.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Not this again ...

*whacks Itazura with a rolled up newspaper* BAD KITTY!

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
      There are some cases where this is not true. Prime avatars are the only example that springs to mind. A Light skillchain will heal Garuda for the full damage of the closing WS.
      o.O really now? I've never had the opportunity to test this so I wouldn't know.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
        Off-topic alert~

That was a response to this exchange, right?
        DD/NIN vs. DD/subDD debate

Itazura's example: ~308 dmg/min taken
        Callisto's example: ~794 dmg/min taken

As you said, though, that may not have been the best example for the DD/DDsub; you were only getting ~16.4k exp/hr in that party, which is fairly low for a BRD+COR party.

Here's another recent example from my experience (Feb. 6th), with much stronger DDs.

Camp: Greater Colibri (lower camp)
        Party: WAR/NIN, SAM/NIN x3, WHM/SCH, BRD/NIN
        Rate: ~24.4k exp/hr
        Damage: ~257 dmg/min taken

Looks like stronger DDs may lead to less damage taken, but I'm not sure that's from the birds having fewer chances to do TP moves or just they spend more time running (instead of fighting all the time) since I couldn't always get birds/Wivre to where they were before they finished one.
        Yeah, like I said that was a pretty bad example of the strength of DDs, more just of how much I get hit for. The DRG in that party was awful(notice that I averaged over 200/damage per WS more than them despite piercing bonus?) and the COR did at least 500 less damage per Slug than the CORs I'd typically party with(pretty sure they were subbing RNG, I almost always party with COR/WAR). The MNK was also afkish a few times, aside from the fact that I'd never merit with a MNK in general if I had a choice.

I naturally would take more damage than anyone else in the rest of the party due to being first voke and just having hate the majority of the time from damage. Things were not dying as quickly as they should be due to sub-par DDs, that much is evidenced in the XP/hr. My WAR buffer is about gone so I need to flag up tonight, if I get a reasonable example I'll get you a fresh parse.

And TM is correct, the various Nyzul Custard bosses are the same way, the one that absorbs Fire(Cinnamon I think) will fully absorb a Light sc.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Wonderful information for my upcoming 63 WAR. Thanks everyone for all you do.

Though, I'm finding I like Penta Thrust at this level against birds, more than I do RR. XD I was starting to think that I'd end up going Penta at 75 in meripo at this rate...
          °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
          sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Working...
          X