Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistencies

Ok, so I've been playing WAR for a while now, but there is still something that truly bugs me. My WS seem to not hit as hard as other WAR's that Ive seen. Ive seen other WARs bust out 1.5k+ Raging Rushes and Rampage's and yet, I can't seem to pull it off. Am I missing something? This is on greater birds mind you.........thoughts, suggestions?
    Originally posted by Van Wilder
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
    I'M BACK BABY!

Re: Inconsistencies

You'll need to post full sets of gear and stuff, otherwise you'll get the text book answer of missing hits due to lack of acc.

How much TP are you getting back?

PS > Also, cookies.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

WS Set:
      Weapon: Byakko's Axe and Mythril Grip +1 or Maneater/Joytoy
      Ammo: Bomb Core
      Head: Adaman Celata
      Body: Hauberk
      Neck: Chivalrous Chain
      Earrings: Fowling and Minuet
      Hands: Hecatomb Mitts
      Rings: Rajas and Ruby Ring
      Back: Smilodon Mantle +1
      Waist: Warwolf Belt
      Legs: Warrior's Cuisses
      Feet: Hecatomb feet

usually i have a meat mithkabob up since im not about to spend 25k just to feed birds.
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Ok, now we just need to wait for the professionals to come do the math.

But the one thing I'd suggest is trading Warwolf for something like Potent belt or Life for multihit WS.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Are you fully merited? Do you have any parses to back up these observations? Did they use Warrior's Charge? It's easy to observe 1.5k damage WS but that doesn't mean the person's average was anywhere close to that. I once pulled out an 800 damage Vorpal Blade as a 68 PLD single wielding Save the Queen in EXP. I proc'd two Double Attacks and scored a bunch of crits.

Comment

I play on Xbox so I cant really use a parser. That might have been the case, but they were similarly geared, save for maybe one of those WARs having a Flame Ring instead of my lolRuby Ring =P

No, I'm not fully merited yet on Great Axe (4/8 atm) but I do have 4/4 Crit 5/5 Double Attack, then again, its been a while since I took out my WAR to play (only had half of those merits at the time of my observations) so they might be off..........
            I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I play on Xbox so I cant really use a parser. That might have been the case, but they were similarly geared, save for maybe one of those WARs having a Flame Ring instead of my lolRuby Ring =P
              You're overestimating the effects of STR. I think it's just selective observation. I'm sure they don't actually average anywhere close to 1.5k.

I notice you don't have Brutal Earring, too. That would give them an edge with the 5% extra chance to DA hits, too.

Comment

Yeah I'm working towards that brutal as we speak, only 30 more coins to go >.< maybe I should start buying coins instead of just saving the ones I get from limbus.........
                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

There's a whole plethora of factors that go into RR/Rampage damage, most importantly in order are: Accuracy > Crit Rate > Double Attack > Attack Buffs(Berserk/Chaos/Minuet). More than likely the people you're partying with aren't averaging anywhere near 1.5k on RR, but those epeen spikes stick out when you see them, and are almost always the case of them getting lucky with 1-2 DAs and 3-4 criticals in the same WS. I have what I would consider pretty solid WS sets and still typically only average 1.1k~ WS'.

As far as improving your gearsets, I would trade the Smilodon+1 for an attack+15 back if you can, Amemet+1 or Forager's(ideally Cuchulain's, but that's a pretty big price tag). Looking at your set there does seem to be a lack of accuracy in a lot of slots, but for Raging Rush you also want to keep a fair amount of DEX since the real damage comes from the criticals, a DEX ring such as Thunder or Spinel Ring would make a solid substitute for the Ruby since you'd get some extra acc as well as a slightly better dDEX for crit rate.

If you have Byakko's Haidate use those for Raging Rush over the AF2 legs, Askar Dirs are another reasonably decent choice if you can't get Haidate just yet. Trade the Mythril Grip+1 for a Pole Grip. Since you have Sea already, work on an Aqua Gorget, that will cover both RR and Steel Cyclone. And Fire Bomblet will be a decent upgrade over the Bomb Core.

If you don't have enough IS or high enough Assault rank for Perdu Voulge work on that as well, it's a good chunk above most other options, and for most intents and purposes the last GAxe you'll ever need. You have Heca Hands/Feet already which is a nice base, those are both really solid pieces. I wouldn't really even bother with Dual Wield at this point, especially without full Axe + Sword merits, just finish GAxe merits and stick to that, it's a superior weapon.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Well I have full sword merits (for PLD and BLU) but no merits on Axe. So you say for RR leave my haidate on and use a dex ring instead of str ring? Ok Ill try that out. Ive got the points for a perdu, but not the rank. What are the stats on a perdu, cuz ive heard it has some hidden stats that dont show up........
                    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

The hidden stats are 5 acc 10 attack, coupled with the large base D boost it's pretty far ahead of most other options. The latent is active any time you have less than 100TP, which includes weapons skills. Especially in merit situations when you're burning your TP every time you hit 100%.

If you have space for extra combat merits to use on WAR do GAxe instead of Axe, Dual Wield needs exceptional gear to just break even with a slightly above-average Great Axe build.
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

oh but i do have Gaxe merits, none in axe LOL. So the hidden stats are what make a perdu good, cuz from what I saw, it only has 1 DMG more than Byakko's Axe.
                        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                        X