War speed lvling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War speed lvling?

I was just wondering how fast could i get a war to 30? new to server just seeing how long its gona take to get paladin job, i dont have any good equip just basic

Re: War speed lvling?

Wellll,

I'm gonna throw out some variables here, adjust as you want:

No prior Knowledge of Vana' Diel
    Play time of 3-4 hours an evening EST
    Recent Low level exp adjustments/quest
    +
    Factoring in Farming to keep your gear leveled up
    Factoring in certain quests that are "a must", I.E. Subjob at 18, Chocobo liscense at 20, nation missions for airship pass, etc.

Your looking at aprox 3-4 weeks. (your going to want to lvl either Mnk or Thf to 15 for your subjob ((I recomend Thf)) )

If you have played prior you could probably lvl up a job from lvl 1, in aprox a week, maybe less if you started on a Friday afternoon, and worked all weekend to get that job to 30. (this is assuming alot of things.)

Personally, I'd reccomend lvling War up to 37 before you attempt the Subjob quest for Paladin. and save your gear cause most war gear is equipable by pally's

Comment

You can take it to 37 (for SJ purposes and not having to level it ever again for that purpose) in roughly 2 weeks if you're diligent and play a lot, but 3-4 weeks would be the average. Go to the WAR forum right now and read the stickies.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

And for pete's sake don't be one of these morons that wants to level the job without getting a subjob! Do it right and get your subjob at level 18 so people don't think your rmt or a total idiot.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
          Your looking at aprox 3-4 weeks. (your going to want to lvl either Mnk or Thf to 15 for your subjob ((I recomend Thf)) )
          Except that THF is the most useless sub before 30.

Again, for emphasis, useless.

As in, it brings nothing to the table. It has tools for farming, but we don't farm in EXP PTs. Not to mention neither Treasure Hunter or Sneak attack are even useable before 30. WAR/THF before 30 just screams "noob" and little else.

MNK gives WARs hate tools through Boost and Dodge. WARs will be asked and expected to tank at various points of their low level careers. If you want your experience to go well with tanking before unlocking Paladin, WAR/MNK is the way to go.

And that said, the subjob quest starts at 18, not 15. The max subjob level is 37, so you'll want your MNK to hit 18. After you accomplish this and unlock your subjob, go back to WAR and level to 37.

Don't halfass it and leave it under 37 because you'll just have to come back later and ungimp it. Get it done ASAP. Feel free to unlock PLD at 30, but don't stop with WAR til 37.

And at 30, there are a few other subjobs of interested to quest for PLD - Ninja, Blue Mage and Dancer. DNC helps PLDs solo quite well and saves them the fuss of having to burn up MP. Its also great for things like campaign and besieged at higher levels. Ninja is an expected subjob at high levels for tanking certain fights. Yes, expected. Utusemi is useful. BLU subjob is for something we call "supertanking," not exactly requisite, but it is sometimes a strategy. PLD basically grabs all the hate they can from a major target and runs off while others kill the weaker stuff. BLU's Cocoon Spell is useful for this as it boosts defense 50%

There are no fast tracks in FFXI, well, except for BRD, but I loathe the term "fast track" and blazing a BRD to 75 is more of a recipie for high level misery than fun.

That aside, take your time. There's a lot of lucrative goals for PLDs along the way to 75, such as the quests rewards you can only obtain by making progress through CoP missions. And if you're a PLD, you'll want to finish CoP missions for sure.
          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-15-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Theoretically, you could level up war in two days. This is assuming that you don't do anything else but level for two entire days.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

well i played ffxi before but it was a LONG time ago, had a few 7x jobs but i played mostly rng/nin giving a pld/war combo this time for tanking, btw is brd a good job to sub? and thanks for all the input fellas

Comment

Mnk sub ftw. I tanked as war/mnk all the way through 50. As a Galka War/mnk I was outtanking hume pld through Crawlers Nest. Thats kinda the reason I chose to go pld later on. ^,^

I also think you should take war through 37 just to get it done. War is fun to lvl on its own, but if your focus is pld, get war SJ ready and drop it to concentrate solely on your pld.

Take advantage of the Field of Valor books at the outposts. Build up some tabs and start using 'em on reraise and such. Don't sit around waiting for pt invites. Have your flag up all the time and go solo FoV until you get a pt, or just build your own pt.

Gaxe. It might be tempting to lvl sword and board for your pld, but trust me, that lvls just fine. Gaxe maximizes your dmg as war and is just MEAN w/ counter. I loved after 25 to double attack and then counter a mob when tanking. I loved when I did the Dragon fight for rank 3 that my war/whm friend and I went to kill the eye first and I just counter the dragon on my way past. ^.^

Hold your war gear. You'll be able to use much of it when you switch over to pld. As War/mnk, get used to voke/boost timing and watch your hate control. Good skills to use as pld. You don't get boost, but you get spells to toss in there instead. I found that I would know when my voke was up w/out even checking timers. Became second nature after tanking so long. ^.^ Go me.

Oh, and of course, grab an Empress Band as soon as you have the points and use as often as possible.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                There are no fast tracks in FFXI, well, except for BRD, but I loathe the term "fast track" and blazing a BRD to 75 is more of a recipie for high level misery than fun.
                How is this done? I have some chr gear on the side and wouldn't mind having something to do when I don't feel like sitting in MH for hours waiting for the drk invite that never comes. =.='

Comment

There's nothing to do. Once you get 25+ the invites pour in so you can get to 75 fast and easy on brd. Only thing you need is a few instruments because people don't care how a brd is equipped. LOL So no trick, just an insane amount of invites.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jonjon View Post
                    I was just wondering how fast could i get a war to 30? new to server just seeing how long its gona take to get paladin job, i dont have any good equip just basic
                    ugh
                    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
                    X