This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TO ALL NEW WARs: How to be awesome

I just found it. You don't want it, despite the awesome cover. Believe me. It's weird, in that really bad way.

Comment

I live on /d/, I believe I can handle it.

PM it to me if it's really that bad. I mean, I really just want to see the full cover, but now I am intrigued.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Likewise. I think my virgin eyes can handle the shock.

PM it to me as well, please.

Comment

PM, but also you need to do these for the other 17 jobs too.

And before anyone brings it up, I mean the 17 good ones.

Comment

but also you need to do these for the other 17 jobs too.
            I'm not THAT awesome. I could cover 4 or 5 jobs at the lower levels, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              I'm not THAT awesome.
              yes you are.

do it.

Comment

Might as well add my name to the PM list.

Also, good starting info like this for the other jobs would be hella worth it. You'd be surprised how much good info gets overlooked because people think it's obvious or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  PM, but also you need to do these for the other 17 jobs too.

And before anyone brings it up, I mean the 17 good ones.
                  What are the other two shit ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks View Post
                    Yes, enlighten us.

Comment

I've been helping a friend lvl her Smn recently via lvl synching and have often found myself lvl 30 or lower on my War. Though I'll throw out a Sturm if needed, I mainly would use Shield Break because it's just that good. And of course I always carry a full compliment of bolts, taking up 6-7 inven spaces, because they're all so damn awesome.

Also, can I get on that PM list too, it's gonna drive me crazy not seeing the full pic ;;>_>

Originally posted by Feenicks View Post
                      My money is on Pup and Smn
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

this thread almost makes me wanna level up warrior.

x.x

god...
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I'm intrigued by this cover now, as well.

As for the topic of the thread, I've played my WAR as a dual wield axe Warrior from about 26 on, at the urging of a friend who wouldn't shut the fuck up or let me in his party unless I DW'ed axes and tanked. Should have told him to go fuck himself. Now, at 62, Gaxe is far below cap but my NPC likes to cure me when I go out to skill up so life continues, I guess.

At any rate, Gaxe > Axe for WAR, by far. If you want to be a DD at high levels bring your Gaxe, sub SAM and beat the shit out of mobs, to hell with all the people who think that dual wielding Axes is better, even at undercapped axe skill, I still see the damage potential from it on the weak ass beetles I've been fighting.

Maybe I should level sync to about 45 where I'd get good skill ups on my Gaxe still, lol.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Honestly, and it kind of makes me sad to say this, but I can't think of any situation where DW axes is better. Hell, I'm not even all that interested in getting a ridill/joy because I have my Perdue and I can't see myself using anything else.

...unless I get a fort axe or Martial Bhuj on HNMs or something
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

All this demand for the doujin/cover almost makes me want to change the title of the thread. I'll send some more PMs soon.

By the way, does anyone know what happens if you Quick Draw Shield Break? I've read that you can increase the Def Down on weapons with that added effect, so maybe it's possible to make Shield Break even more stupidly broken.

Aksannyi: It's too bad you aren't on Midgard. My WAR happens to be 45 too and I've always wanted to do a WAR/NIN x2 Shield Break + Armor Break super rape party.
                              Last edited by Armando; 10-28-2008, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                                super rape party
                                O.o I think you might want to ask Akashimo to join that party!

Well my war is 62, it's just that if I synced to 45 I could still get skill ups and not be horribly gimp using Great Axe, which I would be horribly gimp if I partied at my actual level. Warrior is probably my next 75, but that's so far down the line (like, sometime after I finish capping WHM and BLM merits, not to mention RDM which has been on the back burner for, like, ever) that I don't even know what to do with it. For now, I just take it out for fun when I want to do lolcampaign or take my NPC out to play.
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X