Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrior Gear and Martial Axe (Wall of Text)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warrior Gear and Martial Axe (Wall of Text)

Digging up my thread.

While playing around with my armor, I was thinking about what would be cool for a haste setup 2-3 years from now when I can Afford Ares's Harness that is. There's a Axe Grip with -3% delay coupled with a Ares Harness and a Rune Chopper (9% Haste), with Sanction or Sigil it'd give you 2 MP per tick. Add in that Whitegate Headpiece with the 30MP and 5% Haste, Dusk Gloves and Feet 5%. Total, that's 22% Haste, add in /SAM and a Hasso and you get 32% Haste. All you need then is a Song or a Haste cast on you and you'd be pretty close to a Warrior Zerk.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Delay Reduction =/= Haste. It will not add to Haste's exponential growth nor benefit your TP gain in any way. Plus it'll mess up X-Hit Store TP builds. It also won't do anything during WS.

Pole Strap > Sword Strap.

Comment

Aurum boots > Dusk (same haste but Aurum give acc) and you forgot about Byakkos pants (5% haste) and Swift Belt (5% Haste).

And as pointed out, -delay doesn't mean the same as Haste. Lowering your delay lowers your TP Per hit (even if it is a fraction of the amount) while not stacking with actual Haste gear/spells/abilities.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Aurum boots > Dusk (same haste but Aurum give acc) and you forgot about Byakkos pants (5% haste) and Swift Belt (5% Haste).
          Only one of those two would be needed to hit the 25% cap though. Edit: And Swift Belt is 4%.

Comment

As for Rune Chopper, I played around as WAR/NIN outside Bastok [S] with Sigil refresh alone to see how it worked (I read the info from wiki, but I tried not to misunderstood the wordings...).
            1. Without Rune Chopper, cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately.
            2. With Rune Chopper, Sigil refresh, RSE Hume gloves (max 3 mp only) and when have MP (MP > 0), cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately. The /recast timer is deduced... and I did the math, the result is close to 9% haste (the /recast can only give time as mm:ss). I also checked the /recast timer a few times while waiting for next Utsemui to ready, it seems haste is maintained even when the MP is going back and forth between 0 mp and 1 mp for each ticks.
            3. With Rune Chopper, Sigil refresh, RSE Hume gloves (max 3 mp only), but MP is down to zero (drained by Rune Chopper), cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately. There is no changes in the /recast timer. I also checked the /recast timer while waiting for next Utsemui, I saw no changes.

I did the above a few more time just in case I screwed up in somewhere, the result is the same.

Then I spend hours in Campaign + exp parties with Sigil/Sanction Refresh and Rune Chopper, I seems to me that the +acc and haste only kicks in for the swing when I swing the Great Axe while my MP > 0. When swing at the instance which MP is zero, the effect does not kick in (it seems). I could be wrong.. (or not entirely correct) since I did not use a time-watch (for haste) or a parser (for acc+)... but the effect of Rune Chopper is so subtle that that I decided not to bother and put it back to AH.

I hope that info helped.
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I tested using some 15 MP ring. I found that when my casting completed with 0 mp, I did not gain the effect of haste. When it completed with 1 mp, I'd gain the reduced recast time. 1mp/tic refresh makes it so you'll go 3 seconds with 0 mp, 3 seconds with 1 mp, repeat. This means you would have to get your delay to something like 6 seconds exactly (figuring in the 9% haste) and time it so your 1st swing (and therefore all subsequent swings) occur in the 1mp time frame in order to consistently gain the effect on your DPS.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Geez... that is under the assumption that using JA, WS, moving around, casting magic, or your movement is frozen while other cast buff/magic on you... that won't screw up the timing... XD

If merit on Cobril that stole food, Rune Chopper and Sanction Refresh should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                  As for Rune Chopper, I played around as WAR/NIN outside Bastok [s] with Sigil refresh alone to see how it worked (I read the info from wiki, but I tried not to misunderstood the wordings...).
                  1. Without Rune Chopper, cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately.
                  2. With Rune Chopper, Sigil refresh, RSE Hume gloves (max 3 mp only) and when have MP (MP > 0), cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately. The /recast timer is deduced... and I did the math, the result is close to 9% haste (the /recast can only give time as mm:ss). I also checked the /recast timer a few times while waiting for next Utsemui to ready, it seems haste is maintained even when the MP is going back and forth between 0 mp and 1 mp for each ticks.
                  3. With Rune Chopper, Sigil refresh, RSE Hume gloves (max 3 mp only), but MP is down to zero (drained by Rune Chopper), cast Utsemui, then check its /recast timer immediately. There is no changes in the /recast timer. I also checked the /recast timer while waiting for next Utsemui, I saw no changes.

I did the above a few more time just in case I screwed up in somewhere, the result is the same.

Then I spend hours in Campaign + exp parties with Sigil/Sanction Refresh and Rune Chopper, I seems to me that the +acc and haste only kicks in for the swing when I swing the Great Axe while my MP > 0. When swing at the instance which MP is zero, the effect does not kick in (it seems). I could be wrong.. (or not entirely correct) since I did not use a time-watch (for haste) or a parser (for acc+)... but the effect of Rune Chopper is so subtle that that I decided not to bother and put it back to AH.

I hope that info helped.
                  I had only done this once in a party, I had the Wivre Pin, a few rings, Sanction, and my Elvaan RSE Gloves. I think I also had a Pie +1, apple maybe. I ended up with about 80-90ish MP RDM gave a occasional refresh and I did pretty well IMO.

I had never actually checked the recast rate on spells/JA's but I know with just that axe, Hasso and Sanction and a occasional Refresh from a rdm, the Latent will not be able to drain the MP pool because the latent takes 3MP per tick and with sanction giving 1 and a refresh, you'll actually get MP back instead of a drain. That's why I suggested the Ares body because it has Auto-Refresh I think.

Recently I hadn't done it in awhile so I grabbed my Rune Chopper, and ran out to Eldieme (S) since I finally got around to unlocking Sandoria (S) and Campaign. I then grabbed Sigil and had my RDM friend cast haste and refresh on me, and from there I went to work on the Fortification lol. Technically that would be the easiest way to test the haste theory because the Fortification will not hit back and you also get points for fighting it.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Well, if you have both Refresh (magic) and Haste cast on you, Rune Chopper would rock =P

As for campaign battle, I had tried WAR/DNC with Aspir Samba + Rune Chopper on those Beastmen, which was quite self-reliable.

Comment

I often use a dual Rune Axe setup as BST/NIN, using either sanction, sigil, or Gaudy Harness as my source of refresh. Rune Axe's latent includes Regen, and I can see the Regen kicking in every other tic. So the latent on Rune Chopper will also behave the same: you'll only get the benefit every other tic if you're relying only on Sanction or Sigil. If you can get into a party with a RDM who will keep you refreshed, then you can get full time benefit from Rune Chopper.
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                        Well, if you have both Refresh (magic) and Haste cast on you, Rune Chopper would rock =P

As for campaign battle, I had tried WAR/DNC with Aspir Samba + Rune Chopper on those Beastmen, which was quite self-reliable.
                        lol, i might do WAR/DNC when I get Dancer Leveled, I think mine is 22 atm. Once I get WAR to 75, I'd like to take DRK and then either BLU or DNC to 75.

Originally posted by Lyonheartlakshmi
                        I often use a dual Rune Axe setup as BST/NIN, using either sanction, sigil, or Gaudy Harness as my source of refresh. Rune Axe's latent includes Regen, and I can see the Regen kicking in every other tic. So the latent on Rune Chopper will also behave the same: you'll only get the benefit every other tic if you're relying only on Sanction or Sigil. If you can get into a party with a RDM who will keep you refreshed, then you can get full time benefit from Rune Chopper.
                        ^^THIS

I had only been in maybe 1 RDM party after I bought the Chopper and the RDM told me that I could either get Refresh or Haste but not both lol. When I hit 75 one of my RDM friends said he'd give me refresh and haste so I can Zerk in merit parties.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------

Comment

If the RDM only gives either Haste or Refresh but not both... take Haste. (geez, what is the RDM thinking.... Orz...)

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                            I had only been in maybe 1 RDM party after I bought the Chopper and the RDM told me that I could either get Refresh or Haste but not both lol. When I hit 75 one of my RDM friends said he'd give me refresh and haste so I can Zerk in merit parties.
                            This rdm is a disgrace to all rdms and should have thier hat immediately taken away! (if they have one....otherwise their sword because they are probably melee'ing too.....oooo I think I just used Provoke on MrMageo! /ducks )
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X