Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Berzerk???

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Exactly what is a forum for? Asking questions and receiving answers. If you don't wish to respond to the question, that is your choice and please feel free not to. But also refrain from responding to people as if their questions are not worthy of attention, just ignore the thread. If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to PM a staff member.
    Um... he did answer the question. He was a bit snarky sure, but he also gave two other relevant sources to find more information in the future.
    I was tanking and definitly trying to get his attention off the mages with little hp left and trying to get him down soon. So In the future berzerk is something that should be planned out with tank, or co-tank and the healer before using? Should I use dodge immediately after using Berzerk?
    I'm presuming you're WAR/MNK. You won't really have Dodge until 30. In most cases by then you should have a tank in the party. As suggested before though, i would only recommend using Berserk for weaponskills and then canceling it. As you get Sturmwind and start to do heavier damage, you'll want to only weopnskill toward the end of the mob's life as well. Save dodge for when you do get hate.
    Last edited by eticket109; 07-31-2008, 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by dani1977 View Post
      Yea seems that it isn't really useful
      Maybe not just yet, but Berserk is a nice JA to have around when you're in a really smooth party, and you're not worrying about taking a screwdriver to the neck. It just takes experience to know when to use it appropriately.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
        I'm presuming you're WAR/MNK. You won't really have Dodge until 30. In most cases by then you should have a tank in the party. As suggested before though, i would only recommend using Berserk for weaponskills and then canceling it. As you get Sturmwind and start to do heavier damage, you'll want to only use Shield Break at the beginning of the fight as well. Save your TP from the end of the last fight. The only exception is if somebody else is using Shield Break already.
        FTFY.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
          Um... he did answer the question. He was a bit snarky sure, but he also gave two other relevant sources to find more information in the future.
          If you wish to discuss this matter, please do so privately.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Using Berserk and cancelling it immediately is stupid. The hate it makes is practically 0 and then you won't have it available when you actually want to use it. If you're tanking and you want to give Berserk some use, at the very least use it right before a WS, and cancel it after the WS hits. (Post-25 tanking you can get 100 TP, Berserk, WS, Defender, get 100 TP, cancel Defender, WS, cancel Berserk to get two zerked WS.)

Also, what YM fixed. Sturmwind is a no-no. Shield Break is the answer to all of life's problems. Anyone that tells you otherwise doesn't know how good it is.
            Last edited by Armando; 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
              FTFY.
              good call.
              Using Berserk and cancelling it immediately is stupid. The hate it makes is practically 0 and then you won't have it available when you actually want to use it. If you're tanking and you want to give Berserk some use, at the very least use it right before a WS, and cancel it after the WS hits.
              wait what? you just argued against and for the point I was making in the same paragraph.

if you can ws without hate then by all means leave it on, but if the tank sucks or you're tanking, then using it for anything except the weaponskill will just suck up mp.
              Last edited by eticket109; 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

It's a wonderful tool under the right circumstances ... it's essentially free extra damage, so long as you aren't the one being hit. If I'm tanking as NIN/WAR or WAR/NIN, I'm prone to use it whenever it's up, then drop it once my shadows go down. It's just that as a blood tank, using it isn't the best of ideas...

Comment

I don't know, I've tanked with zerk up even at low levels. This is of course, assuming you aren't overhunting things. If the majority of the monsters check as IT, then yes, zerk is probably a bad idea for tanking. For DDing though, it's outstanding, it's one of the job defining abilities for warrior, and what makes the job so good early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandros View Post
                    I don't know, I've tanked with zerk up even at low levels. This is of course, assuming you aren't overhunting things. If the majority of the monsters check as IT, then yes, zerk is probably a bad idea for tanking.
                    Were you eating fish/defense food? Were you being "PL"ed?

If you answer no to both questions, I would still think the party would have been better if you didn't have Berserk up while tanking. *Someone* had to heal you, and that means someone had to rest for MP more often.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I recall switching between def food in the dunes to att food by 20+, certainly on mandies. No to the PLing question.

And I didn't mean to imply I used it every time it was up, for all 3 minutes if MP was a concern--I dropped it then, but saying Zerk tanking = no 100% of the time is just as bad as saying it's a good idea to leave it up constantly.

(Exception being Kazham, because really, mandies aren't very difficult).

Comment

Working...
                      X