WAR/DNC Tanking 48-50 GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WAR/DNC Tanking 48-50 GC

I'm probably wrong then. I'm guessing it hits even if you have 3 shadows up?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      I'm probably wrong then. I'm guessing it hits even if you have 3 shadows up?
      Depends. It doesn't always have good accuracy, so sometimes you get a full absorb off of a fresh cast of Utsusemi.

When it does land all hits, though, it packs a wallop.

Icemage

Comment

I'm fairly certain it'll always take off the same number of shadows regardless of hits or misses (I did some research into the behavior of WS vs Utsusemi, it's actually quite peculiar.) If 3 shadows can stop it without getting hit, then it should be a 3-hit attack.

Comment

Pecking Flurry is 4 hits attack. For more than once my NIN/WAR did has a fresh 4 shadows from Ni and that attack comes right afterward and removed all 4 shadows. Counting shadows is a major part of my NIN tanking, and I believe what I had seen.

Just like Vorpal Blade can miss a few swings, Pecking Flurry can miss a few hits too.
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Ah, ok.

By the way, I'm not saying that it can't miss. I'm saying that the attack will always take off 4 shadows no matter what, or at least it should (just like how Goblin Rush will always take 3.) I did a lot of testing on WS vs Utsusemi, and it works in the oddest way - each WS will always take off X shadows, where X is the number of hits the WS usually has. It doesn't matter if you add extra hits with Dual Wield or Double Attack, or if you're blind as a bat and you're losing hits, it always takes off X shadows if the target has them. For example, I could do Dual Wielded Fast Blades all day and the mob would only lose 2 shadows even though I'm doing 3 hits, and it'd never take off less than 2. Likewise, I did Dual Wielded Swift Blades and I'd always take off the mob's 3 shadows, and never hit it.

The offhand hit in H2H doesn't count any more than your offhand hit with Dual Wield by the way. E.g. Combo takes off 2 shadows and Shoulder Tackle takes off 1.

Comment

E.g. Combo takes off 2 shadows and Shoulder Tackle takes off 1.
              I thought Combo is a 3-hit WS? That's so weird. ._.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Well, H2H behaves very similarly to Dual Wield - it's got an "extra" offhand hit that can't be turned off. As far as the game is concerned Combo is a 2-hit WS, plus offhand hit. It's just more practical to list it as a 3-hit WS.

Comment

Well, H2H behaves very similarly to Dual Wield - it's got an "extra" offhand hit that can't be turned off. As far as the game is concerned Combo is a 2-hit WS, plus offhand hit. It's just more practical to list it as a 3-hit WS.
                  That's interesting. I never thought about it that way before.

So, does this mean Asuran is just a 7-hit WS, or is it 8-hits with the off-hand hit thrown out, due to the 8-hit-per-round limit?
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

No clue. Someone would have to find a 7-image Utsusemi move or Blink move with 100% absorption rate and Asuran Fists the mob to find out.

Comment

Rabbit Pie - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

* Strength +5
                      * Vitality +5
                      * Attack +25% (Cap: +100)
                      * Defense +25% (Cap: +100)
                      * Intelligence -2

Time for me to hit Meriphataud.
                      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        Rabbit Pie - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

* Strength +5
                        * Vitality +5
                        * Attack +25% (Cap: +100)
                        * Defense +25% (Cap: +100)
                        * Intelligence -2

Time for me to hit Meriphataud.
                        Looks like a winner! I can't wait to see if they're a) affordable and b) available the next time I get asked to tank! Good find!

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                        WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Holy shit. That food looks soooooooooooooooooooo broken. It's also going to be expensive as SIN.

Comment

I don't think it's true. T.T A lot of sites are only listing it as attack+25%. Still, my sister's in the 90s for cooking and the lynx meat is selling for like 7k/stack so I'ma see if I can make some and try it out. (though the mushrooms are 7k/piece and none in stock so looks like not only will I be farming... the drop rate will be suck)

---

The more I look at it, the more I think the Defense+ is non-existent. Just the +attack stats alone are better than most meat dishes out there. Hedgehog pie is attack+18%, cap 90. Couerl Subs are attack+20% cap 75 (iirc on both of these items). 25% is not only a faster rate, but a higher cap!! this is too good to be true.

But anyway, you all understood why I brought this up. Any food that could theoretically provide a significant chunk of attack and defense could really help a War/Dnc out.

Comment

... It's also going to be expensive as SIN.
                              Sin doesn't seem very expensive to me, that is, unless you go to Las Vegas and do blow out of a hooker's belly button. Especially if that hooker happens to be Scarlett Johanssen.

Oh! Or if you pay to urinate on Ivanka Trump while you're video taped by Michael Moore. That would be hella 'spensive too.

Yeah.
                              :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

Confirmed. Adds defense. Can someone tell me how to post pictures as thumbnails? I'll send the SSs.

Comment

Working...
                                X