Double Attack Merit Myths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Attack Merit Myths

I've heard a rumor (that I'm rather liking) about double attack and wanted to know if anyone in the war community had found this to be true about war merits. I have heard that it is not only good to merit double attack for warrior but that when double attack is fully merited, it procs on other jobs as well making the character itself lethal. This would in fact be amazing, but it sounds out of the scope of SE and rules that regular merits follow. Please clarify for me ^^

Re: Double Attack Merit Myths

Job specific merits are for that job only. Other merits apply, such as Stat+, Weapon/Defensive skill+, Magic skill+, HP/MP+, or the other category. But Double Attack is a WAR job-specific merit, therefore making that myth...busted? lol.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Putting merits into Double Attack increase it's frequency by a maximum of 5%. Since it's a level 25 WAR Job Trait, you would assume that any job of level 50 or higher that is subbing WAR will benefit from this increase. However, Job Specific traits only apply when that job is your main, and at 75. So, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Would be lovely were that true, it would also mean my Rapid Shot merits on my RNG could be applied to my COR.

Sadly, that's just not the case.

Comment

Yeah I've had idiots get pissed (almost even blist me @. @ geez calm down) when I told them that "No, your thunder magic merits from BLM don't work on RDM" and vice versa...
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well thanks for the replies guys, ah well not everything goes the way you want it to ^^
              Last edited by Narconia; 07-21-2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X