Lowered Attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Attack?

Ok, I'd like to start off by saying that back before COP expansion came out, i had a lv75 BLM and WHM and other variously lvled characters. After COP came out i ended up going to wow but now i'm back. So i consider myself rather versed in FF as far as casters, but know next to anything about melee, promyvion or aht urghan content or any patches since then

I currently play a Taru Warrior with no sub yet at lv17 with rather decent gear for my lv so i know this can't be a gear issue. Naturally i'm lvling at Valkurm Dunes. Here is my question.

My party was doing pretty well killing different gobs(gamblers leechers muggers) and the occasional fly. I was on a mithkabob hitting for roughly 30-45 dmg a swing and not missing much. Healer fell asleep or something because i ended up voking to pull aggro off someone while our paladins voke was down and i got owned in about 6 hits of no heals and so forth.

A WHM in AF gear happened to walk by and gave me R2. I waited out the rez sickness like normal and went back into the fray. i ate a squid sushi this time to try out the acc on it. i noticed was actually missing about the same possibly more, but my question doesn't lie here. I found myself hitting for 9, 12, 15 and much lower than before. I know a kobab doesn't make that much difference at this lv. And i don't think sushi would bring my average attk down.

my question is, does dying have any effect after rez sickness is over? is there any explanation for this? Maybe we happenned to pull much higher lv goblins after the one that killed me i don't know. It was weird, the only thing i changed was my food, my gear was the same as before i had died, can anyoen explain this? or shoudl i just cry fluke?
    Last edited by leetreeb; 06-17-2007, 06:10 AM.

Re: Lowered Attack?

Squid Sushi does not affect your Strength or Attack at all, while Meat Mithkabobs increase both. Other factors could be the level of the enemies you are fighting, and whether Dia has been cast on the enemy or not to lower their defense. After resurrection sickness has expired, your abilities are back to normal.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
    Image by Askannyi
    LoneGamer.net

Comment

Re: Lowered Attack?

No, Raise and Raise sickness don't have any hidden effects other than making you near-useless for 5 minutes.

Two things happened. Your attack was a lot lower, and perception. Don't eyeball your damage numbers, it's always deceiving. Anothing thing is that the mob's level affects your performance. If the party happened to pull something tougher than usual right after your weakness wore off, you'd see yourself hitting for less and missing more.

That aside, don't use Sushi at this level. In fact, don't use Sushi for the next 30 levels. Use Shield Break (you are using a Great Axe, right?) Shield Break is -40 Evasion to the mob, which translates to every melee in the party getting a 20% boost to their hit rate. That's way more damage than any other WS will have to offer.

The thing about Sushi is that it's a percentage bonus, but Acc vs Eva isn't a ratio, it's straight subtraction. Getting 15% more Accuracy at this level is nowhere near the same as getting 15% more Accuracy at level 60. Take your DEX and divide it by two, then add to that your skill in your weapon. Multiply that by the sushi percentage (usually 15%) and that's how much Acc you get. Divide that Acc by 2 and that's how much your hit rate will go up. You'll get a relatively small number. In fact, Sushi can't match Shield Break until about level 60 (you need 267 Acc for a 15% bonus to give you 40.) On the other hand, meat is a ~25% bonus to your Attack, which always translates into approximately (emphasis on that word) 25% more damage on your swings.

In short: Raise didn't have anything to do with it, eat meat, start every fight with Shield Break, and watch your damage skyrocket. Screw Sturmwind for that matter, Shield Break is also better than it.

Comment

Working...
      X