Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with WAR/MNK armor and weapons

Hello,

I am WAR51/MNK25 and on the verge of getting AF gear.

I can't seem to find any information about whether the use of all the AF gear available to me is going to be of use, so need some help there. I have read all the stats, but still need guidance. There is so much armor out there, so what are my optimal choices to take me thru to level 75 with MNK as sub. Yes, that is my choice, I love the MNK subjob although I have trouble getting a party sometimes, but you know what? Tough, my WAR/MNK can do a lot of dmg. I will level NIN someday, but for now my choices to go to 75 with are WAR51/MNK25 MNK34/WAR17 and PLD23/WAR12 (I really love tanking, can't wait to level this more).

Plus, after level 50 what GAXE should I be looking for. In my possesion are Horror Volgue, Raifu (nice for a small amount of additional damage) and Gigant. My GA skill is 154 atm and I have WS Keen Edge now, mmmmm so, so, Sturmwind is much better.

Unfortunately, I belong to a LS that doesn't seem to have much time for doing things together. I would love to get the Voyager's Sallet since that would last me thru level 70 at least.

As WAR/MNK I have been asked to tank, although I am DD equipped, and get complaints all the time for not subbing NIN, but I have chosen my way, and will not budge!

I have Valkure mask, brigandine, iron muskateers mufflers and Gigas bracelets, 2 Puissance rings, 2 Wing earrings (couldn't afford Drone), iron muskateers sabatons and I can't remember legs lol, a life belt, need to get jaguar mantle, have spike necklace and I am about to purchase a combat casters boomerang +1 My ranged is not so great because I didn't even think about levelling it, so it is at 63 right now with a long boomerang.

Also, could someone please write down clearly macro to change out hands to Gigas bracelets when using WS in party?

Maat here I come!

Thanks,

gillmaree

Re: Help with WAR/MNK armor and weapons

Fighter's Mask (head): Marginally useful for DD, if you can't afford Valkyrie's/Walkure Mask. Good for tanking due to the +enmity.

Fighter's Lorica (body): Great for tanking -- VIT +5, and as much +enmity as all of PLD AF combined! Avoid at all cost for DD. Even going the cheap route, you should be able to afford Royal Squire's => Royal Knight's Chainmail.

Fighter's Mufflers (hands): Good piece of WS gear, due to the +STR (cheap alternative to Gigas bracelet line). Good for tanking due to the +enmity.

Fighter's Cuisses (legs): Good for tanking. Can be somewhat decent for DD, if you need the extra +acc, though there are better pieces for that role.

Fighter's Calligae (feet): Good for both tanking and DD. Many WARs use this all the way to end game.

I would put the feet, hands and body as must-have pieces of AF. If you like to tank, I'd suggest getting all the pieces.

As WAR/MNK I have been asked to tank, although I am DD equipped, and get complaints all the time for not subbing NIN, but I have chosen my way, and will not budge!
    WAR is an incredibly flexible job that can make use of many different subjobs. You are only hurting your own potential by limiting yourself to one and only one sub.

Also, could someone please write down clearly macro to change out hands to Gigas bracelets when using WS in party?
    WS macro:
    /equip hands "Enkelados's Brc."

TP macro:
    /equip hands "Name of other hand gear goes here"

With the /equip command, you have to use the shortened form of the name (the one you see when you're looking at the list of items in your pack/Mog Safe/etc) and it has to be exactly as shown, down to the capitalization and all punctuation marks. And if the name of the item has more than one word, you have to have the double quotes around it.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Also, equip swaps take no time. This means you can put them back-to-back:

/equip hands "Enkelados's Brc."
      /ws "Sturmwind" <t>
      /wait 3
      /equip hands "Ryl.Kgt. Mufflers"

Gillmaree, I think you'd find a lot of similarities to our own Armando. You may consider taking his route and just going PLD full time. The age of WAR tanking is over (and this is coming from a WAR who loves to tank). Warrior is still incredibly fun, obviously, and I still get to be the guy that tanks when the Ninja goes down.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

What race are you?
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Whoops! Female Elvaan

Comment

Thank you so much! and yes, I will level NIN Groan!!!!! lol

Comment

Now I know why my macro wasn't working thank you so much! Yes I love PLD, but have sooooo much fun with WAR

Comment

oh and hehehehe. I love it when NIN sucks and I can tank and keep hate better than him/her. Nothing against NIN, I just get a silly grin on my face when that happens

Comment

Learn it, live it, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post

Learn it, live it, love it.
                    Or maybe it's the legendary "Asuran Posts" posting skill. An 8 folded posting attack that will bump your post count.

PiNG needs to "adjust" (read nerf) multi-posting skills by allowing Auto-merge again.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                    X