X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taermus
    replied
    Re: WAR from 16-20, weapons?

Don't be afraid to use an axe without dual wield.

If you can't be bothered to skill it up, keep using GAxe. Dual wield before 48 is rather pointless, as the delay is all kinds of ick. When I was that level, I used axe/shield with /mnk sub to tank. Then again, since you're being PL'd, it doesn't matter too much in any case.

Just don't do something goofy like get a polearm or greatsword.

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied
    Re: WAR from 16-20, weapons?

Great Axes beat Axes from 1-40 any day of the week, no questions asked, Dual Wield or otherwise. At 40 Axes start to have good DMG/sec (C.C. Axes), but they still don't compare to Great Axe WS. The thing is Shield Break: giving the mob -40 evasion is ridiculously powerful. Better than any buff you'll encounter at those levels. Arguably better than landing a Sturmwind, as well. AND it'll let you (or the THF or RNG) land Acid Bolts much easier.

But, you're correct. Dual Axes are lackluster until later on, so single-wielded they're even more mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• hongman
    started a topic WAR from 16-20, weapons?

WAR from 16-20, weapons?

Hi all

So I am currently lvling WAR from 16-20, to cover subs. Depending how how things go I may take it further...

Currently using the Moth GAxe. I have noticed that after dual wield becomes available, most WARs I have seen sub /nin and DW hand axes.

I'm guessing this shouldnt really be done before DW is available? I am subbing MNK right now for higher dmg output. But I HATE GAxe. Yes, it does wonderful DMG - but it so damn slow! Guess I am noticing it more after playing with Daggers on RDM :p

I am quite impressed though. 1-14 was unbearable but 15-16 is becoming more fun, if not just a tad boring. I was getting 30-40 with Berserk on IT Flys, whist the 18 NIN I was with was doing 5-10 per hit on them. Yes, was being PL'ed :p
Working...
X