• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: oh my god

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
    Make sure you equipment is up to date. A simple economic equipment setup at that level should be chain mail (lvl 24 gear) for body, legs. Have Turtle sheild (vit +3, Def 6), fang or spike necklass (depending on financial situation) for +str and Dex. Power sandles for +3 VIT, warriors belt +1 for HP boost and Vit boost, Republican cap Hp+3, Def 7 and for hands use republican mittens for HP+ and Attack +. All these meant my LS mate could tank good as a war taru.
    Turtle Shield isn't a great idea in my book, due to the AGI-6 on it. Given that a WAR's defensive skills are not very impressive to begin with, lowering AGI by that much can't be good.

On WAR/MNK, I say go with Great Axe and just forget any shield. Not sure if there are enough easily obtained HP+ equipment available at low levels to make a significant difference to a Tarutaru WAR tanking; the better bet is keep up the defense and get a good healer and a backup healer.

Tarutaru or otherwise, a well geared WAR/MNK tank with a Great Axe and eating the right food can hold the monster in place while the mages are pouring on the cures, and mantain output decent damage at the same time.

While Power Sandals is nice, it's rather hard to get without help from high level player. Also, if I'm guessing correctly, the OP is a relatively new player, and many not have the resources to get all HQ gears like Republic Cap/Mittens.

HQ items he should splurge on, though are equipment like Spike Necklace--a very nice investment, which lasts many, many levels. Sadly, with the ever shortening tanking careers for WAR's, I cannot recommend OP purchase a Warrior's Belt +1, given that Brave Belt (Def:3 STR+2 VIT+1 DEX-1 AGI-1) is better for DD and still usable for tanking.

Also, a pair of Stamina Rings will last a WAR/MNK until the end of expected tanking days (Lv.36, or sooner). When not tanking, Vision Ring seems to be the latest trend for under Lv.30 physical damage dealers. (Stamina Ring is about 10k each on my server, while Vision Ring is about 15k. If money is tight, I'd get Stamina Rings first as a low level WAR/MNK.)

Leave a comment:

• Jarre
    replied

Make sure you equipment is up to date. A simple economic equipment setup at that level should be chain mail (lvl 24 gear) for body, legs. Have Turtle sheild (vit +3, Def 6), fang or spike necklass (depending on financial situation) for +str and Dex. Power sandles for +3 VIT, warriors belt +1 for HP boost and Vit boost, Republican cap Hp+3, Def 7 and for hands use republican mittens for HP+ and Attack +. All these meant my LS mate could tank good as a war taru. as a taru you need to consentrate on 3 lacking properties. Str, Vitality and HP.

Leave a comment:

• Auron517
    replied

Originally posted by Mog View Post
    You take too much hate? What you need to do is unlock ninja sub for warrior, then you won't die as much.
    PLEASE do not tell him this. There's already enough Warriors in the game going /NIN at his level when /MNK is superior for both tanking and damage. The fact that he's a Tarutaru might be part of the problem.

If he's tanking, better gears and party support and if doing damage, hate management are the resolutions to his problem...not shadows.
    Last edited by Auron517; 02-01-2007, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Minimee
    replied

kiryn step away from the keyboard..... oh wait just look closely, your a taru playing a melee type job. if you get hate and get hit you die. a hume whm probaly has more hp and def than you at same level. really if your tanking as a war you need def gear and def foods. if your damage then back off if tank cant hold hate. level 25 you should be in the jungle no reason you cant tank mandys. gobbies on the other hand will slice you up before the whm can get up. if they get off a bomb toss its time for dirt nap. this is the life of a taru DD. /nin can take some of the edge off and make pulling easier, but your still going to have a high death rate. in the 30s spiders will 1 shot you, sickle slash on taru is bad. avoid them lol. it gets better some later on but not much. you will die alot just the way it is. i was in a beetle party in crawlers nest in my early 50's and someone in party everytime before weapon skill would /party use last resort souleater. well since i was only dark this must have been for me. i knew better but did it just to show him i knew how. needless to say i did so much damage to mob i got hate that no one could get off. well i died quickly. know your limits and your partys and deaths will be fewer. tarutaru (melee) impossible to guage!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraNhomango
    replied

Er...

Don't you want to at least ask questions like "How did you die?" and "What were you doing at the time?" and "Were you tanking?" and "Did the mages cast cure on you?" before prescribing /NIN?

How about an equipment check?

If OP's character info is correct, he's only WAR25, and /NIN wouldn't help him tank or do damage much.

Leave a comment:

• Mog
    replied

You take too much hate? What you need to do is unlock ninja sub for warrior, then you won't die as much.

Leave a comment:

• Kiryn
    started a topic oh my god

oh my god

What am I freaking cursed or something. I always die constantly as a WAR but never died as a MNK with /WAR.

What is up with it. I died 5 times today
Working...
X