X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiryn
    replied
    Re: oh my god

Thank you for the helper guys. I'm surprised you didn't laugh at the equipment I had .

I tried selling everything I had to make money off of but none of my items sell, even below price ;_;

Leave a comment:

• Icemage
    replied

Gear looks fine to me. The slots that are deficient don't matter much at this level anyway. The only note I'd make is that you don't need to keep the Empress Band equipped after you activate it - the EXP+ Dedication effect stays with you even if you unequip the ring, so definitely take IfritnoItazura's advice about the Courage+1 ring above.

Icemage

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraNhomango
    replied

To OP, sounds like the five death thing was that you had a bad day. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Originally posted by Kiryn View Post
    Equipment:
    --------------
    Gear Slots:
    MAIN: Moth Axe
    SUB: No Item
    RANGE: Self Bow (Don't ask, Money issues again)
    AMMO: Bone arrows(^^)
    HEAD: Iron Mask
    NECK: Spike Necklace
    EAR1: Shield Earring
    EAR2: Shield Earring
    BODY: Chainmail
    HANDS: Lizard Gloves
    RING1: Empress Band
    RING2: Courage Ring +1
    BACK: Dhalmel Mantle
    WAIST: Barbarian's Belt
    LEGS: Lizard Trousers
    FEET: Scale Greaves
    Even for Tarutaru, I'd change from Shield Earring to Beetle Earring +1 when not tanking. I would sell the Courage Ring +1, and get two regular Courage Rings instead for playing as DD, as well as two Stamina Rings for playing as tank. (You can use the Empress Band before starting, then switch to Courage or Stamina Ring after you use it.)

You should either upgrade legs to Chain Hose now, or wait until next level and upgrade to Republic Subligar. There isn't anything too terrible interesting for the feet slot at the moment, but try to quest the Lv.29 Wonder Clomps as soon as you can.

Leave a comment:

• Jei
    replied

At your level, you can't really do anything really.... No matter how good you are, no matter what sub you use, if

1) you fight monsters too high for your level
    or
    2) the members in the PT doesn't know what they're doing

then you'll die. Plain and simple.

At your level, your survivability replies mainly on the healer, and some on the other provoker to help share your hate. There's not much you can do on your own.

22-24 ideally I like to fight fish. But without a good healer, screwdriver can and will kill you if you're the main tank.

24+ I like to go straight to Kazam. I hate giants in the tower.

Leave a comment:

• bikkebakke
    replied

Funny... I have had 0 deaths leveling my WAR from 1 - 31 as a Tarutaru... main tanking or not. Don't blame it on the fact that he's a Taru, blame probably lies with his support.

Leave a comment:

• Kiryn
    replied

I meant WAR/MNK. I don't have any advanced jobs. I have no gil. I'm have good gear that was recommanded by others a few spots lacking cause of funds. But i'm taking WAR to 30 so I can do the Samurai quest. And once I hit 30 I will go farming in Windy for Yagudo necklaces for atleast a week and level up Clothcraft for money to support my Samurai job when I get it and WAR for up to 37.

I'm WAR24/MNK12. I had 25 cause I was close to getting it til the party disband so i'm at 24. We was partying in Batallia Downs(sp?) and fighting in the undeground place to Necropolis I think. And we was fighting Sabertooth Tigers. (never died by them). I died 2/4 times with Goblin Furrier. I died in Qufim 2 times by a freaking Pugil cause PL ran out of MP >.>. Then I died by a frigging Giant Sentry in the tower. so I lost about a good 1500-2000 exp ;_;.

Equipment:
    --------------
    Gear Slots:
    MAIN: Moth Axe
    SUB: No Item
    RANGE: Self Bow (Don't ask, Money issues again)
    AMMO: Bone arrows(^^)
    HEAD: Iron Mask
    NECK: Spike Necklace
    EAR1: Shield Earring
    EAR2: Shield Earring
    BODY: Chainmail
    HANDS: Lizard Gloves
    RING1: Empress Band
    RING2: Courage Ring +1
    BACK: Dhalmel Mantle
    WAIST: Barbarian's Belt
    LEGS: Lizard Trousers
    FEET: Scale Greaves
    Last edited by Kiryn; 02-01-2007, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eticket109
    replied

I personally think /nin isn't all that useful until 50 when Dual Wield II is available. I'd probably go /mnk to 30, /mnk or /thf to 50 and /nin from 50 on.

Leave a comment:

• LyonheartLakshmi
    replied

Originally posted by Mog View Post
    {Um...}

Warrior/ninja is the norm combination when it comes to leveling warrior. Monk is only good up to a certain level, but past that he's going to want to sub ninja.
    "Up to a certain level". And what level is that? Sure, /NIN is the norm... at end game. But at what level does /NIN start being a better option than /MNK?

Auron's advice is spot on. For the level of the OP (25), MNK sub is still more valuable to a party then NIN sub. At that level, NIN sub is still situational.

To the OP: if you find that you are pulling hate too often as WAR/MNK when you are just a damage dealer, try laying off Boosts during battle. Boost generates a lot of hate, and the attack bonus it gives for just one swing isn't worth it.

If, however, you are tanking, and still dying, then it's an issue of either upgrading your gear or simply finding better parties to support you as main tank. Here's a hint: don't be main tank if you're two levels below the highest party member.

Edit: as far as food goes, you can use Meat Mithkabob for tanking. Just keep Defender up, and you effectively transfer the Kabob's attack bonus into a defense bonus. This will let you carry one stack of food in your inventory, and be able to switch between Tank and DD at a moments notice, without needing food effect to wear off.

Leave a comment:

• Auron517
    replied

Originally posted by Mog View Post
    {Um...}
    Warrior/ninja is the norm combination when it comes to leveling warrior. Monk is only good up to a certain level, but past that he's going to want to sub ninja.
    Er, according to the OP's profile, he's only level 25. If the thread was him inquiring about subjobs for Warrior down the road, I could understand you recommending that he gets Ninja sub.

Despite the fact that numerous people are WAR/NIN from level 1 to 75, does not change that /MNK is the way for him to go at his present levels.

Leave a comment:

• Icemage
    replied

MNK/WAR isn't generally expected to main tank at any level. WAR/MNK is often expected to main tank in the 20-30 range.

As a tarutaru with lower max HP and somewhat lower VIT than average, tanking is somewhat more dangerous than other races. This more than anything is the problem. Obviously good gear, food, and competent healers affects this as well, but all other things being equal, it's the shift in roles that's probably causing the difference.

Icemage

Leave a comment:

• Celeal
    replied

war/nin can die just as much too; /nin does not automatically solve the problem. Ever try to main tank as war/nin at low ~ mid levels without proper support? It is just as ugly as any tank in a subpar party.

Leave a comment:

• Mog
    replied

Originally posted by Auron517 View Post
    PLEASE do not tell him this. There's already enough Warriors in the game going /NIN at his level when /MNK is superior for both tanking and damage. The fact that he's a Tarutaru might be part of the problem.

If he's tanking, better gears and party support and if doing damage, hate management are the resolutions to his problem...not shadows.
    {Um...}

Leave a comment:

• Auron517
    replied

Originally posted by Kiryn View Post
    I always die constantly as a WAR but never died as a MNK with /WAR.
    He says he never died as a Monk subbing Warrior, but always dies when he plays Warrior.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostraven
    replied

ummm he said he died as a mnk/war

Leave a comment:

• Slip
    replied

Also, don't forget food! It does more for your performance than almost any gear you can buy.

At level 24 Boiled Crab (Vit +2, Def +27% /Cap 50@185 base def) is your friend for tanking.

If you're really strapped for gil at least use Boiled Crayfish (Def+30%/cap 25@83 base def).

If you've got gil to spare go for Tavnazian Tacos (too many bonuses to list and they're becoming a lot cheaper these days).

Also, as a War, you'll want to bring along some melee food too. Meat Mithkabob's never go out of style and if you need to level up a weapon that's fallen behind a bit Squid Sushi can be good to make up for your missing Accuracy.

----

In general you want to look at why you're dying too.

Are you tanking? If so are you taking too much damage per hit (aka not enough Def/Vit) or is your primary healer asleep at the switch / not up to the task (aka get a better healer).

If you're not tanking then why are you pulling hate?
    Constant boosting? If so don't do it unless you tank proves they can hold hate against it.
    Berserk + WS when the mob arrives? If so wait till the tank has hate secured.
    Tank just sucks? If so either get a better tank or switch to def/vit gear and food and be the better tank yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X