Warrior Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warrior Trouble

At level 12 hopefully you are still fighting lizards if partying in the dunes... unless you are low end of party and fighting clippers. Mithkabobs are a waste at your level... I'd use Meat Jerky which can be bought from the inns at the nations for pretty cheap. You're missing alot because well... you're in the dunes. The dunes is a rough place to get through and really you won't be getting great hit rates no matter what you do. Just stick it out and get your sj unlocked. With the additional stats from a sj you should be able to hit semi-decent, but still not great.

Comment

Weapon Choice: Great Axe
      Buy one in bastok or selbina. Which ever is closest. And go back to a starting area and cap your greataxe skill. It should last you to level 20.
      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Greataxe

Food Choice:Meat Jerky
      This is your best bet for food in the Dunes. It's cheap and the best att food for your level. You can buy it off npc in any of the starting cities. Grab a stack or two while you cap your G.Axe skill for use in parties.
      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Meat_Jerky

Weapon Skill: Shield Break
      Try to start every battle with this. It will help the hole party alot. It's like giving everybody in your party +40acc.
      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Shield_Break
      Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
      sigpic

Comment

Now its not so bad, just i can't do jack against any IT++ mobs. And my GAxe skill is 38-40 now.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
        Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Originally posted by Kiryn View Post
          Now its not so bad, just i can't do jack against any IT++ mobs. And my GAxe skill is 38-40 now.
          If your character info is up-to-date (that you're a level 13 WAR), then your GAxe skill is pretty close to cap. The cap for GAxe at lvl 13 is 42. If you "can't do jack against any IT++ mobs", then rest assured, most other players are experiencing the same problem, and your party is probably overhunting.

Just keep plugging away, and don't give up!
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Kiryn View Post
            When you check a mob does it say high Defense and/or High Evasion if it does generaly that means that you are fighting mobs that are too high for your level. Get your party to fight weaker mobs. You should try fighting Hill Lizards or Sand Hare at 13. At around 17ish Goblin Gambler and Goblin Leechers are easy pickings if your white mage is good at silencing them.
            Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
            sigpic

Comment

-.- meat jerky is ass. stop praising it.

Go with Roast Mutton if you can, as it gives a higher attack boost (27% vs 22) and failing that, grilled black hare if you can find it. It costs a bit more for the Hare (it's an HQ synth, normal is grilled hare) but it also lasts 6 hours and gives +30% attack with a cap of 20 @60 attack. and in the dunes, your skill won't exceed that by too much.

And yeah, use Great Axe ASAP
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                -.- meat jerky is ass. stop praising it.

Go with Roast Mutton if you can, as it gives a higher attack boost (27% vs 22) and failing that, grilled black hare if you can find it. It costs a bit more for the Hare (it's an HQ synth, normal is grilled hare) but it also lasts 6 hours and gives +30% attack with a cap of 20 @60 attack. and in the dunes, your skill won't exceed that by too much.
                ... If grilled glack hare isn't that bad because "your skill [or attack] won't exceed that by too much," how is it that meat jerky compare so unfavably to roast mutton, when it only has slightly less attack boost?

The reason why meat jerky is more recommended is that parties in Valkrum Dunes do not last all that long, especially when invited as replacement. Besides, death is also fairly frequent, making half-an-hour food a even better bet.

It doesn't seem very nice to demand inexperience players in probably pick-up groups to use a three hour food, in my opinion, much less a four hour food. Meat jerky, at 30 min duration, is much more reasonable.

Edit:
                Yes, grilled black hare is four hours, not six. I also made that mistake.... >_>;
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I'm aware that the jerky is more convenient for newbies but if you want to get the most out of things go with the mutton or hare, especially if you're going to solo outside of exp.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's strange, I had read everywhere that Meat Jerky was 27%, even somepage. In any case it's the dunes, so yeah.

Comment

Nope, somepage lists it as 22%. see for yourself
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I got level 17. Waiting for 18. I have GAxe at 52. And I hit easy and tough about 35-50 pts. easy 60-80.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
                        Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Not bad; Great Axe caps at 54 for WAR17, so you're right on track.
                          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                          X