Warrior Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Trouble

I can not hit worth anything at all. I barely even hit with a Mithrkabob (sp?).
    I am a taru. I know thats have something to do with it. I picked WAR cause i got tired of healing and nuking. But ill do that later on. So what can I do about it?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Re: Warrior Trouble

What's your level and what were you fighting? IF you're using an axe/great axe (like you should be, preferrably great axe as I'm assuming you're in the lower levels) and your skill is capped, then 95% of the time the problem is that your party was fighting something too high for them (i.e. overhunting) or you were too low level for the rest of the party. Also, Shield Break can work miracles for everyone's hit rate. Unless something else is needed to make a powerful Skillchain and Magic Burst, it's the WS you should be using in almost all situations 'til the higher levels.

Comment

Theres the problem.

I just started a whole new character from the beginning and either the GAxes are sold out or too high to use. So I am using a sword.

And I have the sword level at 28.

Final Fantasy 7

Comment

The fact that you're using a sword shouldn't be the problem, since the cap for sword skill at low levels is so close to the cap for axes and great axes that if you have it maxed out, your hit rate should be almost the same (ignoring Shield Break, of course.)

Comment

So then what should I do?

Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Well, like I said, is your skill maxed out? If not, max it out and make do with that until you can get your hands on a Great Axe (of course, you'll have to get that one close to the cap before taking it out in parties, but Shield Break will make that fairly easy.) Once your skill is maxed out, it mostly comes down to how high the mob is compared to you. Ideally you should be getting under but close to 200 EXP per kill. Usually when you're getting consistent 200 EXP per kill the mobs are higher than the ideal levels. Basically, you should be able to get a good hitting rate with meat if the mob isn't too high.

Comment

Your Great Axe skill has a huge impact of your accuracy. Is your Great Axe skill capped? If not, try to skill up. What is your current Great Axe skill ^^?
              Server: Quetzalcoatl
              Race: Hume Rank 7
              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

psh skilling up... your a taru you need to get to the gym and workout so then you can become all buff and hit the mob for 1 point of damage =P. Also if you do have skill level capped you can try to find a lower level att gear.
                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Battle Gloves is usable by WAR right? Thats like accuracy +3.
                  Some food might help. http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Food_Overview

What level are you now and what food are you taking?
                  Also are you fighting crabs and pugils? Crabs have this bubble shower that saps your strength temporarily, pugils are hi -evasion mobs.

What sub are you using? /monk may give you an edge with the Boost ability.

Comment

To raise your GAxe skill (or any weapon skill for that matter), start by soloing Too Weak mobs that still /check as High Defense while you have your new weapon type equipped. The three low level Beastmen strongholds are good places to start (Giddeus, Palborough, Ghelsba). When the mobs you are beating up on stop showing up as High Defense, move onto stronger mobs.

When you start getting close to Easy Prey mobs, you'll probably find that it's getting too dangerous to solo them. At this point, you could try finding a friend to duo with for skill ups.

If you do not at least solo a bunch of Too Weak mobs to raise your skill as high as you can on your own, I don't suggest going into an exp party with that weapon. I remember one WAR in Kazham who asked if he could skill up his GSword in the party. I thought he meant he was close, and just needed some levels to cap off his skill. But when we started setting up Skillchains, he said had absolutely no weapon skills. His skill was at 0. That's just not acceptable.

PS. Battle Gloves is not useable by WARs
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Seeing as you haven't answered what job level you are, it's hard to give you gear advice. But from lvls 1-10, you shouldn't be fighting anything higher then a T mob and seeing as your skill is only 28 and sword caps at 31 for war, I can't imagine you being that much higher. The first Gaxe you can use is lvl 5 and purchased from NPCs, as is the next best Gaxe at 12. Your first 'AH only' Gaxe is the Moth Axe at 16 which can also be found in a iner/outer Horrotto(sp) treasure chest, so windy would be the best place to get it. And at 20 you can get the ever wonderful Neckchopper with it's decent Dmg, Delay and a bonus +5 acc, which could easily last till 30.

As a taru taru melee you will want to get *the* best equips possible. Your racial deficiancies can only be overcome by superb gear, so you will have to put some effort in if you want to keep up.

Best advice I could give for you is the best def body, head and legs you can get, the lvl 10/15 gloves with +3 att, the best Gaxe you can buy, mighty/vision rings till mid 30s/40s whe you get access to acc rings and make sure to pile on any acc/att/str gear you can. As you get higher you'll want two different sets of gear, one to tank and one to DD, as offensive gear usually lowers defensive stats and vice versa.

Also, meat, eat it. Jerky in the early lvls, rice dumplings at 20-40 and meat kabobs past that. Eventually you should be able to figure out which food is best for you on your own, just don't eat sushi pre 60 and you should be ok.
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

1st of all taru has nothing to do with your accuracy. it does have a small effect on your damage. posting level would help with answers. use a grt axe. you say you cant afford them? low level axes are sold by an npc in bastok really cheap. less tha 700g, these are commonly purchased and sold on ahs in all cities for 3k to 5k. learn to shop, its a great way to save gil and make gil from non shoppers. using mithkabos lower than level 25 is probaly a waste. gear you should use dex rings or acc rings if your having trouble hitting. strength rings to do more damage per hit. i suggest doing research on job specific forums. dont let the elvann try and tell you taru cant be melee. just point and laugh when they miss more than you. all their strength is wasted on whiffs. higher levels things even out with gear and skills and food. ima 75 drk btw and now working on drg. being a mage did nothing for me either. good luck and enjoy being a taru melee. tarutaru - impossible to guage!!!

Comment

And open the battle with Shield Break is wonderful at early levels ^^b
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I just started this character.
                            I have no sub job.
                            My GAxe skill is 0.
                            My sword skill is 36(capped) in the dunes.
                            I'm a WAR12.

I can get pretty good damage with no food but I still miss a little bit.

Final Fantasy 7

Comment

I would advice getting a two-handed axe, then go back to farm Easy Prey or lower monsters for drops you can sell while you skill up on the Great Axe. (You'll need the gil anyway, while Great Axe is fun to use.)

As for food in Valkum Dunes levels, Meat Jerky (less than 125 gil form NPC, I think, and lasts for 30 minutes each) is about right. (Here's a basic food guide: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php )
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X