A Handful of GA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Handful of GA's

Well, I've been kind of mulling over this for a bit, and I'm kind of wondering which GA I should just go with, and what I should probably aim for next.

I mean, right now, I've got a Colossal Axe, and as soon as I lvl, i'lll be swapping to a Bhuj. Of course that'll hold me up until I can finally equip my Byakko's Axe, but I'm wondering how the endgame axes compare. Really what I've got in mind are:

Byakko's Axe
    Fortitude Axe
    Bravura
    Amood (+1)
    Rampager
    Berserker's Axe

I'm kind of wondering about the pros and cons of each.
    Of course, to me Bravura is like a wonderful wonderful pipe dream that I'll probably never get, so that's pretty much the biggest con there.

Re: A Handful of GA's

I dunno what you wanna know about G. Axes but I'll tell you what I think since I'm really bored right now.

Amood +1 : Depending on what triggers the latent.

Byakko's : Worth it.

Fortitude Axe : Not worth it.

Rampager : Worth it with + crit merits after you break the latent, kinda.

Berseker : Good until you have access to Byakko or Amood +1

Bravura : Really worth it, let me know how it went in 3 years from now when you get it.

I'd add Rune Chopper if you have merit +MP, Haste +9% and +5acc are nice and its dmg rating (88) isn't bad. Same with Gawaine's axe, if the Para effect triggers often it would be better than Bhuj, but then again I'm a RDM so I like enf'ng the crap out of everything.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I checked the wiki and apparently the latent activator on Amood is First Quarter Moon.

I've seen a few more GA's that look pretty cool, but I already have Byakko's.... so eeh?

I think I still want to get a Fortitude Axe + Torque anyways 'cause let's face it, gods are fun.

Comment

Byakko's
        Fortitude

I don't think you need any of the others. Fortitude is so much better than Amood. Virtue stones are annoying, but you're a go getter, right?

Rampager... nice... I don't like the base DMG on it. Still, get it for free out of a KS30 and I see no reason to toss it. I'd like to play with one some day. If it also had Double Attack +1, It'd be my favorite weapon in the game. But it doesn't.

Always Wardancer...
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Berserker's is pretty good, but unless you plan on keeping it I wouldn't buy it, it's a tough sale >_<
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Oh yes, and another one just came to my attention:

Martial Bhuj

Although, when fighting gods, since you just TP build to 300 before popping 'em the DMG rate on Byakko's Axe trumps the TP Bonus on this thing, right?

Comment

too expensive for not much more gain, IMO. Twice the cost of a Peacock charm last I checked.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rosalie View Post
                Oh yes, and another one just came to my attention:

Martial Bhuj

Although, when fighting gods, since you just TP build to 300 before popping 'em the DMG rate on Byakko's Axe trumps the TP Bonus on this thing, right?
                If gil isn't a problem this G. Axe (Martial Bhuj) would be great because it will let you do more damage over time.

TP-bonus supposedly gives you a 100 TP bonus to your current TP (caps at 300 anyway though), meaning you can fire WS at 200 TP and it'll count as a 300 TP WS, so you'll be firing WS 1/3 faster than with any other GA.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

And actually... I believe the last few sold on Seraph were around 10mil... Or I could just try to ENM it myself. I really need to look up the details on that though, and honestly, I've never gotten ANYTHING worthwhile from ENM's before, only clusters from the crags.

Comment

Working...
                  X