No announcement yet.

what food do i need(lvl 10 partyies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what food do i need(lvl 10 partyies)

Rice Dumplings - STR+3 VIT+2 Atk+20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack) Acc+5 , blah blah blah
    Jack-o'-Lantern - Acc+10 Eva+10 CHR-10

Those are other options as well. The Jack-o'-Lantern's CHR-10 isn't too ideal if you're tanking, but the added Acc and Eva is nice if you're a DD. So when you do Provoke, might help you evade one outta 20 hits. lol

Depending on where you're going, and for how long, you'd take varying amounts of food. The dumplings stack, but the Pumpkins do not. So I would take 8-12 Dumplings, and then 2 Pumpkins in that instance. At Lv.61, I bring along at least a full stack of Sushi, and maybe 3 or 4 pieces of attack food.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Rice Dumplings are expensive, though, and provide a lesser Attack bonus. Jack-o-Lanterns won't help as much as defensive food, or as much as Attack food. Besides, Shield Break is all you need to get rid of the mob's Evasion.

Comment

Those are good foods but seem a bit extravagant for a level 10 char... especially in a first time dunes party

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Is there a fire - resistance food?

Comment

Meat Jerky is more practical for novice players. Expect to die a lot in Dunes for the 1st run.

Heck, even a lot of new player don't use or don't know about effects of food in Dunes for the 1st run.
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
              Rice Dumplings - STR+3 VIT+2 Atk+20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack) Acc+5 , blah blah blah
              Jack-o'-Lantern - Acc+10 Eva+10 CHR-10
              Those are other options as well. The Jack-o'-Lantern's CHR-10 isn't too ideal if you're tanking, but the added Acc and Eva is nice if you're a DD.
              Nothing gives larger ACC before lvl20 for most jobs. CHR- won't do anything unless you're a BRD or BST. Dumplings are far too expensive for a dunes party, first time or 15th time through.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention (or reaffirm, in this case) that CHR does nothing for hate. Sorry, there is no fire resistance food. And, again, Shield Break gives Evasion -40, that makes any sort of Accuracy food obsolete as long as you're using Great Axe (and there's no good reason not to use one early on unless you're tanking some overhunted IT mobs...but in that case, it's better to fix a problem than its symptoms.)

Shield Break + Meat > Armor Break + Sushi > Axes :3

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  Oh, yeah, forgot to mention (or reaffirm, in this case) that CHR does nothing for hate. Sorry, there is no fire resistance food. And, again, Shield Break gives Evasion -40, that makes any sort of Accuracy food obsolete as long as you're using Great Axe (and there's no good reason not to use one early on unless you're tanking some overhunted IT mobs...but in that case, it's better to fix a problem than its symptoms.)
                  Shield Break + Meat > Armor Break + Sushi > Axes :3
                  Which brings us to the next part of this thread. Are you using a 2 handed axe? I know it gives you a sword when you first start (stupid SE), but I'd make it a point to buy a cheap 2h axe asap and go kill a few mobs outside sandy to get you to your first WS.
                  You can use axes later (much later), but for now I'd stick with your G.Axe and like Armando said, use Shield break.
                  I believe a weapons dealer in sandy sells a low level Great Axe for rather cheap. Maybe some kind soul with access can check ffxi.somepage for it.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

The Level 5 Butterfly Axe can be bought in Mhaura, Whitegate, or Bastok. Inferno Axe (Lv.8) is crafted only, so you need to AH it. Greataxe (Lv.12) can be bought in Selbina, Whitegate, or Bastok; Hydro Axe (Lv.12) is crafted only as well. Moth Axe (Lv.16) is obtained from Horutoto Ruin chests (buy from AH.) Post-20, you can just buy your great axes at the Jeuno AH 99% of the time.

Greataxe and Hydro Axe are basically the same thing, although IF you manage to get Hydro Pumps, I believe Spider-Dan had done some tests and found that the added effect kicks in about 20-25% of the time. He had tested the mid-level Hydro Pumps, which did about 30 damage per proc. I think the lower level ones do about 15-ish.

EDIT: Oh, while we're at it, the reason Shield Break + Meat beats Armor Break + Sushi usually is that -40 Evasion + 25% Attack > -25% Mob Defense + 15% Accuracy. It takes about 270 total skill to get +40 Accuracy, and by the time you can get that much Accuracy, you probably won't be using a Great Axe. Plus, Shield Break helps you land Acid Bolts, which don't stack with Armor Break. However, there ARE reasons to use Armor Break over Shield Break. The first one would be overwrites - most Stat Ups and Stat Downs overwrite each other with equal priority. While Shield Break may overwrite Rhino Guard, Rhino Guard can overwrite Shield Break right back, essentially leading to wasted TP if you get unlucky. Also, because Attack doesn't increase Blue Magic damage, Sushi is the optimal food for BLUs. However, lowering the mob's Defense WILL increase the damage from physical Blue Magic, so Armor Break serves as a double bonus for BLUs. On the other hand, you must remember that Cocoon and the likes overwrite Armor Break, and that Armor Break doesn't stack with Acid Bolts.
                    Last edited by Armando; 10-04-2006, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X