what food do i need(lvl 10 partyies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what food do i need(lvl 10 partyies)

im soon gonna hit 10, and i can finally start doing parties, and i haven't even touched food yet, what kind of food do i need, where can i get it(im in sand doria) and how much will it cost me?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: what food do i need(lvl 10 partyies)

Lv. 10? I might be wrong, but I'd just grab some Meat Jerky in town off an NPC and get going. It's not much gil either.
    Last edited by Hantz; 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Meat Jerky is fine for lvl 10. If you are placed in the tank role and find you are talking too much damage, 1) update your armor 2) try some Boiled Crayfish

btw, here's a generally good food guide:
      http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

ok, hm, how much food do i need

Comment

well, one piece usually lasts for 30 minutes. how long do you plan on playing?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
            well, one piece usually lasts for 30 minutes. how long do you plan on playing?
            Or 30 seconds if you get killed right after you ate.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
              Or 30 seconds if you get killed right after you ate.
              Let's give the war the benefit of the doubt, Ray. :p
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                Let's give the war the benefit of the doubt, Ray. :p
                whether he gets killed that fast or not probably won't be up to him anyway.

If you plan on staying in the dunes for a while Iwould recommend a couple stacks of meat jerky and meat mithkabobs. By the time you burn through the meat jerky you should be nearly to the point where you would use mithkabobs

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

ok, when i look for a party should i stay in sand dora or should i go to the dunes and wait for a party? regardless can i get to the dune from sand doria?

Comment

most people start putting their flag up when they zone into la theine.

and yes, you can get to valkurm from sandy. W Ron -> La Theine -> Valkurm.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

You can also continue to solo exp in LaTheine or Konschtat while you wait for someone to invite you to group in Valkurm. In fact, that's what I'd recommend. Getting some exp by killing Easy Prey is preferable to standing around and getting no exp. At least for most folks.

Comment

South SanD'Oria ~> West Rounfare ~> La Thiene Plateau ~> Valkurm Dunes

I would recommend going there to LFG as people will usually take party members with less travel time. You can wait in a number of places.

1) Selbina: nice quaint port town (south center section of the dunes, no mobs at all, lots of quests start here.
                        2) Just outside of Selbina: With the new anti-mpk patches, its very tough to get aggro here, and people unfamiliar with searching a region will find you easier. (then again, if they are forming a pt and can't '/sea region inv' then you may be better off without them
                        3) Right by the Dunes zone in La Thiene Plateau: fairly safe but I wouldn't recommend it as you'll have to travel farther to camp most likely
                        4) Nation flag near Konschat Highlands zone: tougher to get to from San D'Oria but if you're starting at 10 you'll need to level near there anyway.

Raises are few and far between in the dunes. I recommend setting your HP in Selbina unless your nation controls the region and you can set your hp for free at the outpost or nation flag near the Highlands

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

The lake in La Thiene is a good place to solo around level 13-15. Crabs spawn continously.
                          Just watch out for water elementals and the occasional 2nd tier goblin.

For food, I usually get some selbina milk, its good for soloing. If you have lower level cooking skill - roast corn if you can make it is good too.

Comment

If you can get to Bastok I'ld advise using Meat Jerky for Melee characters since it's sold by an NPC (much cheaper than ah) in Bastok Mines at the inn (Top area of the map) much cheaper than the AH. Beef Jerky is like junior meatkabobs which are perfect at the dunes level.

Comment

Originally posted by Theyaden View Post
                              If you can get to Bastok I'ld advise using Meat Jerky for Melee characters since it's sold by an NPC (much cheaper than ah) in Bastok Mines at the inn (Top area of the map) much cheaper than the AH. Beef Jerky is like junior meatkabobs which are perfect at the dunes level.
                              Meat Jerky is actually available in all three starting nations. In Windurst you buy it at the Rarab Tail Hostelery (where Chumama is), and in San'doria, you can find it at the hotel in North Sandy.

Comment

Working...
                              X